honez

Jimmy Savile

Lord McAlpine, former Tory Treasurer, could be in the headlines soon...

Former Big Brother contestant Derek Laud as well.... And if we really want a perennial DDP favourite whose name may well be hitting the headlines, surely this is what'll take Jeremy Thorpe out of his wheelchair and into a pinewood box.

Jim'll was on a Celebrity Big Brother once, wasn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other no marks on that show allege a bit of extra-curricular activity from the dark knight..

Next thing will be The Krankies confessing to a threesome with Jimmy. Sorry about that image so late at night.

Pip pip.

Jim'll was on a Celebrity Big Brother once, wasn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other no marks on that show allege a bit of extra-curricular activity from the dark knight..

Not with all those cameras. He was a member of Mensa you know

Hey guys, I was following this story when I was in the UK last week and it is shocking aknd disgusting. We can only hope that the light being shone now catches out everyone else in his ring and people high upin the BBC, the Establishment, Jersey homes and so on involved in the years of cover ups.

I have a serious question though: I was surprised to read this morning that Lord Patten said the BBC is answerable to the licence fee holders, not the government. I know they wanted it autonomous from government political pressures but I thought it would still ultimately be answerable. Of course the licence fee payers are, in effect, nearly the entire British public but is there an actual independent body representing you all that the BBC is accountable to? There is no way that simply having them investigate themselves will be satisfactory in a case of this magnitude when the corruption and cover-up potentially runs so deep. :(

My brushes with corruption in Australian universities makes me very cynical about public institutions, particularly ones that are not answerable to a third party. Where students are powerless, academics abuse their positions and start playing power games as they feel very safe and entrenched and answerable to no one and I see an equivalent situation here.

Sorry to write such a serious post for once.

Hi

How could the BBC be anything but indipendent of government, after all the trust is apointed by the government of the day from a long list of government cronies, and they in turn apoint the Director General and all the senior managment, all totally indipendent :scratchhead:

Best regards

Syd

The BBC is established by a Royal charter. The BBC board is there to oversee the opporation of the Director General and the creative output. Although the chairman of the board is appointed by the Queen (on the advice of her ministers) this is no different to the Archbishop of Canterbury and no-one would accuse Dr Williams of being a Government lackey.

Hello

Yes you are/were correct about the Board of governors of the BBC, about their creation and appointment, however I referred to the Trust (which replaced the board of governors some years ago) and that is appointed by the culture secretary, Now the Trust appoints the DG and any notion that the chairman of the Trust being appointed by the queen is unfortunately a myth.

Best regards

Syd

The Trust came in as a result of changes made in response to the Hutton inquiry, when the BBC got screwed over by Alastair Campbell, the dry drunk of Westminster.

Thanks for the explanation, guys. My question still remains, though: is there a separate formal body that investigates complaints against the BBC or does it always just do internal investigations of itself when problems occur? I saw a report the other day where people are now raising other concerns about corruption in the organisation such as claims of nepotism (generations of Dimblebys, etc, all hosting shows). Of course, some of the reports are just payback from the tabloid media after their recent woes but others seem valid concerns. As I said above, I have worked in Australian universities so I know all about the corruption, politics and nepotism that arises in these "public institutions". :(

Guest Hugh Gerection

Hey guys, I was following this story when I was in the UK last week and it is shocking aknd disgusting. We can only hope that the light being shone now catches out everyone else in his ring and people high upin the BBC, the Establishment, Jersey homes and so on involved in the years of cover ups.

I have a serious question though: I was surprised to read this morning that Lord Patten said the BBC is answerable to the licence fee holders, not the government. I know they wanted it autonomous from government political pressures but I thought it would still ultimately be answerable. Of course the licence fee payers are, in effect, nearly the entire British public but is there an actual independent body representing you all that the BBC is accountable to? There is no way that simply having them investigate themselves will be satisfactory in a case of this magnitude when the corruption and cover-up potentially runs so deep. :(

My brushes with corruption in Australian universities makes me very cynical about public institutions, particularly ones that are not answerable to a third party. Where students are powerless, academics abuse their positions and start playing power games as they feel very safe and entrenched and answerable to no one and I see an equivalent situation here.

Sorry to write such a serious post for once.

That's the problem, there were no doubt many "in his ring" over a long period of time. Unfortunately for Mr Saville they were probably mostly boy scouts.

Man, after lurking on this site for months I think things are beginning to rub off on me - must get round to signing up.

Now I want to know what the prank text that was read out was.

? She read it. The milking cows blindfold..............

Could this have been another moment?

Is that half a celtic top and half a Sevco top he's wearing ? It all makes sense now

I think the BBC really need to try and find some sombre photos of Jimmy Saville. The news coverage is very serious with allegations of abuse and the very reputation of the BBC at stake but it is all accompanied by pictures of Sir Jimmy grinning like an idiot and putting two thumbs up in the air.

You could write to Jim'll Fix It!

Could this have been another moment?

Is that half a celtic top and half a Sevco top he's wearing ? It all makes sense now

Never actually noticed what he was wearing until you pointed it out.

http://www.telegraph...-abandoned.html

I wonder if this is one of the people in saviles peado group decided to do him in rather then face charges according to another telegraph report the police have said one of the people in saviles ring has gone into hiding .

or maybe he was...

...silenced . http://dundundun.net/

Also slightly off topic but kind of connected .

can someone explain to me why max Clifford hasn't been arrested after watching this video ? He is claiming he is habouring peadophiles

and has protected peadophiles surely this is illegal ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltb2LaTqEv8&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLwp4TgWcYPINy1Uz4sm11dg

Also slightly off topic but kind of connected .

can someone explain to me why max Clifford hasn't been arrested after watching this video ? He is claiming he is habouring peadophiles

and has protected peadophiles surely this is illegal ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltb2LaTqEv8&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLwp4TgWcYPINy1Uz4sm11dg

Um, where does he say that? He mentions a story concerning paedophilia that he wasn't connected with

302790_10151501167522519_1234130568_n.jpg
  • Like 2