Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest Guest
this man has died

stain, you're at it again! Already reported in "NEF" thread here

Re the queen thing: Maybe we should start a new thread called "Famous pepole who have pulled a muscle or got a bit of a tickly cough" to keep the number of posts up!

(I'm joking by the way iain!)

Aye but Franklin always was summat of a man of mystery, remember them 'Shhh, you know who' adverts?

Maybe really famous people are going to die from today onwards! :rolleyes:

Bobby Shearer, former captain of Rangers, has died after a short illness.

As the other Not Famous thread is locked, I'll also add, that along with Shearer & Pietro Rava, a third long-serving football stalwart has died - Johnny Schofield of Birmingham City, at 75.BCFC link and Wiki Page.

Why has the Not Exactly Famous thread been locked?

Dunno, but I've re-opened it

Ex-Germany spymaster Markus Wolf dies

link

Ex-Germany spymaster Markus Wolf dies

link

Beat me to it. He was yet another one I had half an eye on for DDP. Oh well

Diana Coupland has died at the age of 74

I like the quote about the operation being a success! :P

Diana Coupland has died at the age of 74

I like the quote about the operation being a success! :P

With admirable prescience Channel 4 has the film version of Bless This House on next Friday afternoon.

Belinda Emmett, who played Rebecca Fisher in Home and Away has died aged 32 of cancer.

Belinda Emmett, who played Rebecca Fisher in Home and Away has died aged 32 of cancer.

The poor mite. I remember well the news with her battle with breast cancer. She was a very sexy woman too & 32 is no age at all.

:banghead:

Why Belinda Emmett & not Gloria Stuart, that's what I'd like to know. :banghead:

Desert Orchid

Not often you can say that dead 27-year-old has had a good life. Though spare a thought for all those other horses who end up at the Bostik or Pedigree Chum factories.

Desert Orchid

Not often you can say that dead 27-year-old has had a good life. Though spare a thought for all those other horses who end up at the Bostik or Pedigree Chum factories.

I didn't know they made Bostik from dead horses. DL can be very educational at times.

Desert Orchid

I didn't know they made Bostik from dead horses. DL can be very educational at times.

Well, at 27 Dessie would be a bit tough for a continental charcuterie.

27 eh?

Cobain, Morrison, Joplin........and Dessie!

27 eh?

Shame about Dessie!

Being the pernickety kind, I went to check the bios of the 3 abovementioned to see if they had died at aged 27, as MPFC suggests. I used that admirable site "Wikipedia" (tag line "bastion of all that is irrefutable"). The results were as follows:

Janis Joplin January 19, 1943 - October 4, 1970

Kurt Donald (tee-hee!) Cobain February 20, 1967 - c. April 5, 1994

So they check out, then

Jim Morrison "he is a singer"

WTF?!!!

Check for yourselves. Even that isn't right (surely it should say "was"). I'm sure they'll update the link... eventually, but that's the sum total of information they have on the "Lizard King" at the moment!

27 eh?

Shame about Dessie!

Being the pernickety kind, I went to check the bios of the 3 abovementioned to see if they had died at aged 27, as MPFC suggests. I used that admirable site "Wikipedia" (tag line "bastion of all that is irrefutable"). The results were as follows:

So they check out, then

WTF?!!!

Check for yourselves. Even that isn't right (surely it should say "was"). I'm sure they'll update the link... eventually, but that's the sum total of information they have on the "Lizard King" at the moment!

I got this page on a redirect when I clicked on your link, but when I searched for "James Morrison" I got a link to the page you referenced.

27 eh?

Shame about Dessie!

So they check out, then

WTF?!!!

I got this page on a redirect when I clicked on your link, but when I searched for "James Morrison" I got a link to the page you referenced.

A lot of Doors fans are still in denial and insist that Jim Morrison is still alive.

Given that Morrison was influenced by the works of Rimbaud they feel that he faked his own death to escape the limelight. Coupled with the fact that Pamela Courson and the coroner who signed the death certificate were the only ones to have seen his body that drives the rumour even further.

Nadarajah Raviraj Sri Lankan lawyer. Didn't go peacefully in his sleep

Re Morrison; assuming he didn't fake it, Dec 8 1943 - July 3 1971, 27 years old when he died. I was only joshing re Dessie but if anyone wants to get anorakish Hendrix was a few weeks short of his twenty eigth birthday as well. Nov 27 1942 - Sept 18 1970.

Go well, all you twenty seven year olds out there.