Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

I was watching "The Color Of Money" a few nights ago and I applaused at the ending. It had a "Soprano's ending" to it but I enjoyed how they left you with "The Master defeating his student" or at least that was the vibe.

I thought it would end with the little prick defeating him. I did miss the first half of it. It ended with something like "If I don't beat you now, I'll beat you next week". Newman played an excellent pool shark.

"I'm Back" ... (and he takes his first shot which was very loud)

"I applaused" - oh please Banshees stop reinventing the language, you're not Shakespeare dear boy.

I went to go see "Grand Torino" the other night with Clint Eastwood and I thought it was a solid four stars. It was vintage Eastwood. He excelled at playing an aging war veteran who despised Asians but loved their cuisine.

I heard it might be his last film but I'm hoping he returns in a similar role at some point in the future. It's worth seeing. It was vintage Eastwood.

NO-ONE should go and see Australia......Jeez what a pile of shite.....

Watched Mum and Dad last night on Sky Box Office whilst drinking the bubbly....

I would warmly recommend this "feel good" movie . It has everything.....laughter , tears , romance.... :old:

Thanks for this grob. I was going to go see it but will save myself the money now. Watched Roman Holiday last night (I'm with Typhoid Harry on New Year's Eve - well not "with" him but in agreement with his "amateur night" remarks). Audrey Hepburn - what a girl. Eddie Albert was good too and the scene with the Mouth of Truth - what a scene. They don't pace films as slowly as this any more and that's a shame.

Thanks for this grob. I was going to go see it but will save myself the money now. Watched Roman Holiday last night (I'm with Typhoid Harry on New Year's Eve - well not "with" him but in agreement with his "amateur night" remarks). Audrey Hepburn - what a girl. Eddie Albert was good too and the scene with the Mouth of Truth - what a scene. They don't pace films as slowly as this any more and that's a shame.

I've heard mixed reports about it. Cinematography is supposed to be excellent, but Nicole's panned for a wooden performance, although I've heard that the character she portrays is supposed to behave that way, so arguably, she did a good job. I haven't seen it so I can't comment.

I did hear that the DL-ladies (and a few boys) might like Hugh Jackman. Unfortunately, no razor-sharp blades extrude from his fists in this one.

I suspect senora honez will drag me along at some stage before it disappears off into DVD land.

I've heard mixed reports about it. Cinematography is supposed to be excellent, but Nicole's panned for a wooden performance, although I've heard that the character she portrays is supposed to behave that way, so arguably, she did a good job. I haven't seen it so I can't comment.

I did hear that the DL-ladies (and a few boys) might like Hugh Jackman. Unfortunately, no razor-sharp blades extrude from his fists in this one.

I suspect senora honez will drag me along at some stage before it disappears off into DVD land.

Does he get his shirt off though? That's all I need to know.

Does he get his shirt off though? That's all I need to know.

Yes....in one scene he gives himself a good long soaking....

Its nearly 3 hours long....and its a film about nothing . Camera work is ok....and the scenery is pretty.....but its really not worth the effort !

Twilight - as usual, not a patch on the book. Add a group of kids who really shouldn't have been let out alone and my £5.25 wasn't that well spent.

Twilight - as usual, not a patch on the book. Add a group of kids who really shouldn't have been let out alone and my £5.25 wasn't that well spent.

My teenage daughters LOVED Twilight...I thought it was silly . Each to their own , I suppose.

Saw the current flavour of the month, Slumdog Millionaire. Not bad, not bad at all, despite the lack of Chris Tarrant and his fastest finger first.

Next week I shall be reviewing Dumb Slog Millionaire, the Kevin Pietersen biopic.

I went to go see "The Curious Case of Benjaman Button" a few days ago and it was very different from what I had originally envisioned. If there would have been another romantic scene it could have been labeled a very bizzarre chick flick. Overall, I thought it was around four stars. The film was like an adventure but I was disapointed once Benjaman reached the mid 1960's\early 1970's. Why did he go to India? I was mesmerized. Why didn't he go to Woodstock or .. do something exotic .. or become a roadie or something.

It seemed that as the the film progressed there was lost time as they didn't focus on the later years. I happened to be sitting by about 7 Hasidic Jews, all in their twenties, and they didn't understand why he went to India either.

Saw the current flavour of the month, Slumdog Millionaire. Not bad, not bad at all, despite the lack of Chris Tarrant and his fastest finger first.

Next week I shall be reviewing Dumb Slog Millionaire, the Kevin Pietersen biopic.

Private Eye have nicked your joke in the latest issue, page 16. I can't post a link obviously, cos it's a real proper comic made out of paper.

I saw "The Wrestler" just the other day and I thought Mickey Rourke excelled at playing a washed-up underground performer who got his high off of entertaining people. I liked the scene where he was signing autographs and came to a sudden realization of "This is what it's like for it to be over" as he glared at the other men who were in wheelchairs. The potato salad incident was also an obvious sign that he was about to lose it. I would say that it was about three and a half stars overall. I think the final scene pretty much defined the whole entire film.

I saw "The Wrestler" just the other day and I thought Mickey Rourke excelled at playing a washed-up underground performer who got his high off of entertaining people. I liked the scene where he was signing autographs and came to a sudden realization of "This is what it's like for it to be over" as he glared at the other men who were in wheelchairs. The potato salad incident was also an obvious sign that he was about to lose it. I would say that it was about three and a half stars overall. I think the final scene pretty much defined the whole entire film.

I want to see that film. Mickey Rourke got some great reviews for his performance.

I want to see that film. Mickey Rourke got some great reviews for his performance.

Nice legs, shame about the face.

I went to go see "The Curious Case of Benjaman Button" a few days ago and it was very different from what I had originally envisioned. If there would have been another romantic scene it could have been labeled a very bizzarre chick flick. Overall, I thought it was around four stars. The film was like an adventure but I was disapointed once Benjaman reached the mid 1960's\early 1970's. Why did he go to India? I was mesmerized. Why didn't he go to Woodstock or .. do something exotic .. or become a roadie or something.

It seemed that as the the film progressed there was lost time as they didn't focus on the later years. I happened to be sitting by about 7 Hasidic Jews, all in their twenties, and they didn't understand why he went to India either.

just got back from sitting through this (nearly 3 hours !)

Actually...it embarrasses me to admit it...but its not bad ! Bit of a girls film obviously , but I had a few tears on the cheek on more than one occasion . The best bit for blokes though , is watching/listening to all the girls in the audience when Brad goes "young" for the first time . I thought the woman in front of me was going to wet herself :rolleyes:

Good looking bugger though I suppose . Surprised he was up for so many awards . He can actually act...but in this film his character is very slow and , well...boring . Cate B acts him off the screen.

Def 4 stars.....

Well...only a few hours until the Oscars.....

I was wondering as to views re Best Film ?

Slumdog seems to be a cert...but was it that good ? I'd def not go for Ben Button which is way over-rated , and I wasn't too keen on Milk or Frost/Nixon either . Am I the only one who thinks The Reader deserves the award ?

The only contenders I haven't seen are Slumdog and The Reader, but I hope one of them gets it cos the other three aren't worthy of a best film Oscar, despite being fairly good films.

Noticed Red Road is on telly this week, highly recommended - bleak, Glasgow set, drama. Me and Mrs MPFC loved it.

The only contenders I haven't seen are Slumdog and The Reader, but I hope one of them gets it cos the other three aren't worthy of a best film Oscar, despite being fairly good films.

Noticed Red Road is on telly this week, highly recommended - bleak, Glasgow set, drama. Me and Mrs MPFC loved it.

Slumdog's a good film and I wouldn't object to it winning, but we all know that Best Short Animated Film is the biggie. Go Smith 'n' Foulkes!

Best film: Slumdog Millionaire.

Best actor: Micky Rourke.

Best actress: Kate Winslet.

Best supporting actor: Heath Ledger.

Best supporting actress: Penelope Cruz.

Best director: Danny Boyle.

That's what it says in my envelope.

Slumdog's a good film and I wouldn't object to it winning, but we all know that Best Short Animated Film is the biggie. Go Smith 'n' Foulkes!

I certainly hope so, something else I can put in the claim to fame thread, lets see now, I (sort of) know someone that writes things on this website and claims his brother is an oscar winner............ hmmmm doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Anyway, good luck to him and I wish him success tonight.

I think you are spot on with all these , my friend...but the question is....IS IT DESERVED ?

the only one I personally would go for is Kate for best actress.....all the other "favourites" I have reservations about.....

I think you are spot on with all these , my friend...but the question is....IS IT DESERVED ?

the only one I personally would go for is Kate for best actress.....all the other "favourites" I have reservations about.....

I managed to ignore most of a sickening tribute to Heath 'Hollywood icon, legend' Ledger, senora honez was watching on telly last night as I surfed the net on my laptop. You'd think he found the cure to cancer by the sound of the sycophantic twaddle they were spouting. He's a shoo in by the sound of it. I'm fighting the bile as I type.

Edit. Yup. Heath Ledger, Hollywood icon, legend, Oscar winner and failed amateur pharmacist.

Geronimo was on the money, except Sean Penn got the best actor gong.

Edited by honez

I saw Vicky and Christina does Barcelona. It was crap. How Penelope Cruz managed to scrape an Oscar from that pile of twaddle I'll never know. Although I guess it did need all the support it could get.