Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I don't like The Temple of Doom but The Last Crusade is excellent it is a deliberate throw back to classic adventure films. It does what it says on the tin. Ford and Connery are on top form.

I don't understand the old knight who had been kept alive for seven hundred years by the power of the Grail. What had he been doing all those years – alone –  without going mad?

polishing the cups?

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968), directed by Sergio Leone. I like this film very much. I watched it 4 times in a row. Bronson was superb

Interstella 5555 (2003)

R-1345406-1297862064.jpeg.thumb.jpg.b0ae9eb83bd56a71dddd3bb53132edc8.jpg

This is a one-of-a-kind film. It's a collaboration between Daft Punk and anime creator Leiji Matsumoto. There is no dialogue; instead, Daft Punk's album Discovery plays uninterruped in the film for 65 minutes.

I'm not a fan of anime but if you like Daft Punk's music then this film is a must-see. The 2 run together seamlessly in what is clearly a labour of love. The style of animation is a tribute to the anime and manga of the 70s. Most of the Daft Punk tracks sample 70s songs, but it doesn't feel like an old film. Daft Punk's music from this period is timeless and so are the vibrant galactic images of the film.

The plot isn't too difficult to suss and we don't learn much about the characters, but that's what makes the film beatifully simplistic. Would recommend.

just watched Tyrannosaur

worth watching

the main character is how I imagine sir creep