little sister

Robert Mugabe

Emmerson Mnangagwa??
At least I could pronounce Mugabe.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Emmerson Mnangagwa??

No excuse SC

As any football fan will tell you - these names are tough, especially pronouncing them - until they sign for your team at which point the most pig-ignorant fan is perfect on pronunciation within a couple of days and taking part in a chant like "oooOOOOOOO Jabo Ibhere" as if he'd been your best mate for years. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Emmerson Mnangagwa??

Mm-nan-gag-wah.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Mm-nan-gag-wah.

I love gagging my nan too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Mm-nan-gag-wah.

Doo doo do do doo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, JQW said:

Doo doo do do doo!

That was exactly what I was thinking while trying to pronounce his name. :lol:

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

No excuse SC

As any football fan will tell you - these names are tough, especially pronouncing them - until they sign for your team at which point the most pig-ignorant fan is perfect on pronunciation within a couple of days and taking part in a chant like "oooOOOOOOO Jabo Ibhere" as if he'd been your best mate for years. 

yay-bo ib-eh-ray?

2 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Mm-nan-gag-wah.

I think I got inoculated for that.

• Haha 1

I once hired a fine Nigerian lad to work in my office named Ohuegbe.  He was kind enough to have (or claim to have) the surname Clemens.
This was 1996 and Nigeria won the Gold Medal soccer (yes, football) at the Olympics, and Mr. Ohuegbe was quite excited, and I was happy for him.  So it's not like I haven't seen or dealt with names akin to Africa, but Mnangagwa seems a bit much.  I coughed phlegm trying to say it. 
Also for the record my office was primarily Arabic employees and clients, and I can handle the back of the throat gargling KH Arabic dialect sound all right (e.g. mahkamah = court).  The nangag in Mnangagwa is impossible for my tongue to handle, sorry.  I am defeated.

o-HEE-bay Clemens, btw.

SC

On 11/21/2017 at 23:08, themaninblack said:

Some wag said that it was easier for Zimbabwe to get rid of Mugabe than it is for Arsenal to get rid of Arsene Wenger...

This was yesterday in Zimbabwe.

FB_IMG_1511361436570.jpg

• Like 1

Breaking news saying that Mugabe has mixed emotions upon realizing that his $100 Million pension will be paid in Zimbabwe dollars.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2017 at 21:48, Prince Philip said:

Fucking hell, old chap, if you think he was being racist you should be glad of your retirement - absolutely rules out any more state visits to the uk, where you'd have to endure meeting me at Buck's Pal. Let's just say old elephant washer and "freedom fighter" that any offence taking at the racism displayed in here would pale in comparison to my personal, proud track record of blunt speaking. I wish you all the best in your retirement, Mr Mugabe (note the lack of President; you sir have been demoted). About time; just imagine how much better life would have been for many Zimbabweans if you had not fought for your false freedom. 

New level of sadness reached.  Joey Russ makes fake Prince Phillip account after 10 people on this site called him a racist.  This is an attempt to legitimize his racist thoughts. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Don't you just LOVE Hollywood? Coming fall 2019

DPLUiyvXkAIHraY.jpg

Damn. I hope this is real. That's a pretty good cast tbh. Halle Berry would have definitely been my pick for Grace.

Robert Mugabe will not be attending the inauguration of  his successor today. In fact I don't think he's been seen since monday. There's no hard evidence of him still being alive since his 'resignation' on Tuesday...

7 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Robert Mugabe will not be attending the inauguration of  his successor today. In fact I don't think he's been seen since monday. There's no hard evidence of him still being alive since his 'resignation' on Tuesday...

I think he is ok. He posted about 20 hours ago on this thread. I will check out his profile now to see if he has any more recent posts than the one here.

His last posting at the time of my posting here was 20 hours ago - so he was still alive on Thursday this week.

Edited by theoldlady
  • Like 1

Interesting the lack of animosity towards him at today's big rally

He'll be okay for a year or two.

On 22/11/2017 at 19:08, Sir Creep said:

I once hired a fine Nigerian lad to work in my office named Ohuegbe.  He was kind enough to have (or claim to have) the surname Clemens.
This was 1996 and Nigeria won the Gold Medal soccer (yes, football) at the Olympics, and Mr. Ohuegbe was quite excited, and I was happy for him.  So it's not like I haven't seen or dealt with names akin to Africa, but Mnangagwa seems a bit much.  I coughed phlegm trying to say it. 
Also for the record my office was primarily Arabic employees and clients, and I can handle the back of the throat gargling KH Arabic dialect sound all right (e.g. mahkamah = court).  The nangag in Mnangagwa is impossible for my tongue to handle, sorry.  I am defeated.

o-HEE-bay Clemens, btw.

SC

I had a look to see if I could see the sketch from Not The Nine O' Clock News where Pamela Stephenson as her Jan Leeming news reader reports that the three leaders of Zimbabwe had sent her a letter congratulating her on her pronunciation.

Would fit perfectly here but could not find it.

But I did find the That's Life sketch.

"Prince Philip exploded"

In Singapore for medical checks.

Makes sense, he hasn't posted in a few days.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

^ Behind the scenes on Live and Let Die.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2017 at 23:17, msc said:

^ Behind the scenes on Live and Let Die.

Live and let die is a James Bond movie set in the Caribbean not Africa,  why are you being so racist, saying we are all the same, like me seeing a Russian movie calling it like a British movie. 

So From Russia with Love falls in which camp then El Presidenté?