weasel

Star Wars Deaths

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/plummet

Synonyms for plummet
verb fall hard and fast

I would say that several of these words here would define what happened in that video clip.

Off the top of my head... crash, descent and drop sum it up.

Dammit wrong thread

UPDATE: Then and now:

HRDBscC.jpg

He still has quite a long way to go to reach Colin Baker levels of portliness though....

• Like 2

Speaking of Star Wars-related people ageing badly, this bloke, Colin Trevorrow, has been lined up to direct Star wars 9. He is only 38 years old... :o

_84921143_84920994.jpg

He previously directed Jurassic World, which must have been a bloody stressful experience to age him that much. Imagine what the pressure of an even-bigger blockbuster, like the last Star Wars film, will do to him...

It emerges that Mark Hamill nearly went skywalking off a cliff when filming Star Wars 7 on Skellig Michael: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/article1606566.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2015_09_12

A Star Wars Episode 7 stuntwoman is now in a coma, too, after an accident on the set of another film: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/star-wars-stuntwoman-olivia-jackson-in-coma-after-high-speed-motorbike-chase-10494765.html

Okay, so far the Star Wars 7 tally is:

1. Two people injured when a helicopter filming backgrounds crashes in Iceland

2. Harrison Ford's leg broken when the Millennium Falcon's landing ramp comes crashing down on him

3. Director J. J. Abrams rupturing some disks in his back trying to lift aforementioned door off Ford

4. Ford injured again in his plane crash on the golf course

5. Mark Hamill just saved from falling off a cliff at the same spot where two people had died in separate previous accidents

6. One stuntwoman in a coma.

Daniel Fleetwood, the terminally ill young man who was granted his dying wish was to see “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” has died at age 32.

SC

http://www.thewrap.com/daniel-fleetwood-first-star-wars-fan-to-see-the-force-awakens-dead-at-32/#sthash.0LhF4rP2.gbpl&st_refDomain=m.facebook.com&st_refQuery=

This is very helpful, as it lists who's alive and who's dead without even having to click on the person - Star Wars Actors Database

Everyone from Obi-Wan to the voice of a random Stormtrooper, it would seem.

Hmm.. very good.

Reading that made me forget that the guy who played Dengar the Bounty Hunter had also gone.

Didn't know the Mos Eisley bartender in A New Hope was dead though. :(

I suppose when you look at the sheer amount of names there, and the numbers that are yellow (dead) compared to red (alive), then they haven't done badly, but three of the movies are very recent, and a large amount of the older films had younger actors, I suppose.

One to watch then I would say is:- Jason Wingreen, voice of Boba Fett, 88 later this year & frequent film & TV actor. He should get some mention state-wise when he goes, which means the Guardian will pick it up & hey presto, UK Obit!

Reportedly, Jason Wingreen died on Christmas Day at the age of 95. https://twitter.com/RozHWolfe/status/680957085308174339 and https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=560935294070201&id=142318689265199

Obviously awaiting a news story to confirm, but I do think Roz Wolfe's confirmation is sufficient.

Also better known Stateside for the Harry Snowden role in All In The Family and Archie Bunker's Place. He was recently mentioned in despatches on the Yank SciFi thread as being in The Twilight Zone. He had many other roles over the years.

Edit: On the DDP for 2015, so obviously now awaiting that UK obit promised by OoO.

Drewe Henley, Red Leader in A New Hope, died back on Valentine's Day. http://www.familynotices24.co.uk/emh/view/4010320/drewe-henley

Also had roles in Z Cars and The Avengers. His former wives include Jacqueline Pearce and Felicity Kendal.

Picked for the DDP, whether an obit is likely now is doubtful.

He was so close to being in my ITC theme team but no health news and not being that old meant I dropped him. I'm almost hoping he doesn't get an obit now.

Edit - He was in Frenzy (one of my favourite films) too it seems but I've never noticed him. I'll have to watch again tonight.

Id quite like the whole Star Wars franchise to fuck off and die.

I suppose Im in the minority that feels this way and in an even smaller minority that has never watched the shite.

• Like 1

I suppose Im in the minority that feels this way and in an even smaller minority that has never watched the shite.

if you didn't watch it how can you make judgement on it. Watch the movies before you talk shit on them if you watch them and hate them, fine but at least watch them first.

I loved it as a kid. I even had a Chewbacca cake for my 7th birthday (I had a Wonder Woman cake for my 5th)but when I've tried to watch it as an adult I can't really understand what the appeal was.

• Like 1

I saw the first one. In the cinema. It was OK, but I never felt the need to watch any more.

I do have a snazzy Star Wars carrier bag from Tesco, which I like a lot.

$_1.JPG

• Like 2

if you didn't watch it how can you make judgement on it. Watch the movies before you talk shit on them if you watch them and hate them, fine but at least watch them first.

Do me a favour, fuck off.

I saw the first one. In the cinema. It was OK, but I never felt the need to watch any more.

I do have a snazzy Star Wars carrier bag from Tesco, which I like a lot.

$_1.JPG

I did have 'the poster' when the original film came out. Some kid in class was selling them at £1 a pop, they were, IIRC, the real deal.

Probably worth shit loads of money now.

Do me a favour, fuck off.
how about you stop such a judgmental asshole and exactly take time out of your day to try things it's proven that people who hate movies without watching them are ignorant and ignorant people are stupid.