weasel

Star Wars Deaths

Id quite like the whole Star Wars franchise to fuck off and die.

I suppose Im in the minority that feels this way and in an even smaller minority that has never watched the shite.

if you didn't watch it how can you make judgement on it. Watch the movies before you talk shit on them if you watch them and hate them, fine but at least watch them first.
Do me a favour, fuck off.
how about you stop such a judgmental asshole and exactly take time out of your day to try things it's proven that people who hate movies without watching them are ignorant and ignorant people are stupid.
What about people who don't have a rudimentary grasp of grammar?
again it's the keyboard you idoit so your argument failed.
Keyboard, my arse. Are you telling me that it has no shift key, no comma key and can miss words out of posts of its own free will?
clearly you never had a Samsung galaxy tablet. Btw why do you want it to be my fault so badly what do you have to gain.

No, I never have, but I know people who have and they never seemed to suffer the same problem you're claiming.

I don't want it to be your fault, but you were the one who brought up stupid people.

• Like 1

I suppose Im in the minority that feels this way and in an even smaller minority that has never watched the shite.

if you didn't watch it how can you make judgement on it. Watch the movies before you talk shit on them if you watch them and hate them, fine but at least watch them first.
Do me a favour, fuck off.
how about you stop such a judgmental asshole and exactly take time out of your day to try things it's proven that people who hate movies without watching them are ignorant and ignorant people are stupid.
What about people who don't have a rudimentary grasp of grammar?
again it's the keyboard you idoit so your argument failed.
Keyboard, my arse. Are you telling me that it has no shift key, no comma key and can miss words out of posts of its own free will?
clearly you never had a Samsung galaxy tablet. Btw why do you want it to be my fault so badly what do you have to gain.

No, I never have, but I know people who have and they never seemed to suffer the same problem you're claiming.

I don't want it to be your fault, but you were the one who brought up stupid people.

and you just had to appear in the conversation. Speak of the devil and he might appear.

I loved it as a kid. I even had a Chewbacca cake for my 7th birthday (I had a Wonder Woman cake for my 5th)but when I've tried to watch it as an adult I can't really understand what the appeal was.

Totally agree. I rewatched the original trilogy and a few other childhood favourites about 10 years ago and I couldn't believe how bad it was. The editing in A New Hope is really amateurish and there are some glaring mistakes. In Empire Strikes Back, there is no chemistry whatsoever between Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. Compare that to Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder in Superman (which I watched at the same time.) Don't like the ideology of it either.

I started following the spoilers for the new film when it was announced but I soon realised it was just going to be more of the same, albeit probably with better acting and effects. I still haven't seen it but I read the PDF of the script when it was posted online a few months ago. On paper it reads just as vacuous as the originals. As bad as the prequels were, at least Lucas was trying something a bit more ambitious (a series of films about politics aimed at 7 year olds!)

/End Rant.

TBF I dunno what the fuss is about Harry Potter so each to their own I suppose...

• Like 2

TBF I dunno what the fuss is about Harry Potter so each to their own I suppose...

:o

True, for instance my dad loves westerns....yes, even the spaghetti variety...never seen the appeal myself.

Me neither but if they'd have been around when I was a child I might have liked them. I liked the Worst Witch books which have a similar theme.

• Like 1

Star Wars was when it was released original. No-one had seen anything like it before. The Empire Strikes Back is a superb film (note the script was not written by George Lucas) even though nothing happens.

The rest of them are just disappointing and should be better.

Star Wars was only my cup of tea in small doses. I liked Harry Potter but I was the right age for them. The thing which bored me senseless was Enid Blyton, but she's somewhat out of fashion these days.

Me neither but if they'd have been around when I was a child I might have liked them. I liked the Worst Witch books which have a similar theme.

I really liked the first few, they were entertaining and imaginative (I love the idea of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans).

But then they started getting too self-consciously "dark" and it all felt a bit forced to me, not to mention derivative. I never bothered to read the last one.

Star Wars was only my cup of tea in small doses. I liked Harry Potter but I was the right age for them. The thing which bored me senseless was Enid Blyton, but she's somewhat out of fashion these days.

Do not diss Enid Blyton. She may not be brilliant but she could tell a story. So many of my generation learned to love reading on Famous Five, Secret Seven. My own daughter loved The Tales of Binkle and Flip which is so anarchic,

Do not diss Enid Blyton. She may not be brilliant but she could tell a story. So many of my generation learned to love reading on Famous Five, Secret Seven. My own daughter loved The Tales of Binkle and Flip which is so anarchic,

I liked The Naughtiest Girl in the School, which was basically The Worst Witch, without magic.

• Like 1

I liked The Naughtiest Girl in the School, which was basically The Worst Witch, without magic.

When msc says he liked The Naughtiest Girl in the School please note this is a book title and not a confession.

• Like 3

When msc says he liked The Naughtiest Girl in the School please note this is a book title and not a confession.

:o

:D

Well done, Biblio: damn near made me choke laughing there.

• Like 1

Drewe Henley, Red Leader in A New Hope, died back on Valentine's Day. http://www.familynotices24.co.uk/emh/view/4010320/drewe-henley

Also had roles in Z Cars and The Avengers. His former wives include Jacqueline Pearce and Felicity Kendal.

Picked for the DDP, whether an obit is likely now is doubtful.

No longer doubtful - Times Obit: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/obituaries/article4722566.ece

probably the biggest ever death from Star Wars. sad loss. RIP

Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Leigh Brackett, Don Henderson.......

Or a little known actor called Sir Alec Guinness?

• Like 1

So, according to the study that suggested short people didn't live as long as tall people, he is another one, along with Corbett, who bucked that trend, or summat.

Im sure a thread existed about short people ( might even have been another of my shit threads ) but I cannae be arsed to find it.

Edit: What I DO remember was that he was one of an excruciatingly shite double act (and that didn't even last as long as a pubescent schoolboy suffering from premature ejaculation being blown by Katie Price ) called the Minitones, IIRC.

Tragic.

• Like 1

So, according to the study that suggested short people didn't live as long as tall people, he is another one, along with Corbett, who bucked that trend, or summat.

Im sure a thread existed about short people ( might even have been another of my shit threads ) but I cannae be arsed to find it.

Edit: What I DO remember was that he was one of an excruciatingly shite double act (and that didn't even last as long as a pubescent schoolboy suffering from premature ejaculation being blown by Katie Price ) called the Minitones, IIRC.

Tragic.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2398-munchkinsmidgetsdwarvesoompa-loompaspygmiesshortarses/

Sits better in the Star Wars' thread though.

Rust in peace, R2.

• Like 3

Biggest? pondering-smiley-emoticon.gif

only in that he was in 6 films, as opposed to Peter Cushings one or Alec Guiness's 3. I accept they were more famous actors though

only in that he was in 6 films, as opposed to Peter Cushings one or Alec Guiness's 3, and RD-D2 was a legendary character in the franchise. I accept Cushing and Guinness were more famous actors though

only in that he was in 6 films, as opposed to Peter Cushings one or Alec Guiness's 3. I accept they were more famous actors though

Whoosh

• Like 1

Were Peter Mayhew to die, that would be the biggest Star Wars death.

• Like 2