faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

On 17/06/2021 at 08:11, Deathrace said:

Doubt it, very few men get close to 105. I hope I'm wrong but can see him going at 98 or 99. 

That is true, but I have a feeling about him. He seems to spry to die. Although I think we should keep him on the list.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Still looking at dat ass...

Age defying: Looking fit and lean, Dick Van Dyke, 95, was all smiles when he left a fitness class in Malibu on Thursday with his wife Arlene Silver, 50, by his side

We've kind of known that he's a wasted pick, and we've known it each time he was picked in the past years.

But he's going to stay on the list until the end, thanks to Ed Asner. The committee does not want to miss the next big name from the Mary Tyler Moore orbit, and Ed Asner shows how quickly things can deteriorate.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

NUMBER 1 AND HE’S PERFECTLY HEALTHY YOU KNOBBERS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

NUMBER 1 AND HE’S PERFECTLY HEALTHY YOU KNOBBERS.

Yeah, didn't think he'd be #1 for the very fact he's still so healthy. Could see him as top pick in a year or two, but not yet.

What a shit pick for number 2. He should be in the 40s if anything 

He's going to live for a while longer.

• Like 1

Number 1 pick?? Yeah whatever, idiots.

Last year he was No. 3 on the list.... with only Prince Philip and Betty White ahead of him.

Since both of them died, its not sooo surprising  that he has now moved up to No. 1??

He seems to make a stable impression so far, but at his age everything can end very quickly........take a look at Betty White.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Last year he was No. 3 on the list.... with only Prince Philip and Betty White ahead of him.

Since both of them died, its not sooo surprising  that he has now moved up to No. 1??

He seems to make a stable impression so far, but at his age everything can end very quickly........take a look at Betty White.

Nah, Betty was very frail toward the end. All of her last interviews she was sitting only.

DVD can still dance and works out in his backyard every day. Said he intends to see 100. Wasted pick IMO because it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he was a miss. 

• Like 2

Number 1?  Well, I thought Betty White would easily hit 100 and she died yesterday, so who knows.

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah, Betty was very frail toward the end. All of her last interviews she was sitting only.

DVD can still dance and works out in his backyard every day. Said he intends to see 100. Wasted pick IMO because it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he was a miss. 

You are absolutely correct.  I thought it was clear that Betty was slipping towards the end of 2020.  Her voice was very raspy and she no longer left her house, I don't believe.  Van Dyke is still very active.  Look, at his age it can go downhill really quickly.  But I just think there are far better picks that are likely to kick the bucket.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

You are absolutely correct.  I thought it was clear that Betty was slipping towards the end of 2020.  Her voice was very raspy and she no longer left her house, I don't believe.  Van Dyke is still very active.  Look, at his age it can go downhill really quickly.  But I just think there are far better picks that are likely to kick the bucket.  

And now Mel Brooks is in that boat... raspy voice and housebound. I think he'll go towards the end of this year, but no way will he go as far as Betty White.

7 hours ago, haley823 said:

This might be his year....

Another Dick, with head added to it had a heart transplant a decade ago in November. Van Dyke's just old. If you guys really want a 90 or 100 something on the top, pick Kissenger. He's wheelchair bound now.

Kissinger should be #1 instead of van dyke

I hope he won't block the top like Kirk Douglas did (three years in a row).

Kissinger isn't one of the frailest ones on the list. Still attends events and could stand last year, could make it to 100 (sadly)

But I agree. Either he, Bob Barker, Leslie Phillips, Jimmy Carter, Pele or Gorby would make a better #1. And of course Pope Ben if he was on the list. DVD's probably going to outlive half of the people on this year's list. 

• Like 3

I would agree, him being no. 1 is somewhat understandable from the point of the committee, but other names sound more logical. I think globally, Pelé is the most-watched person for a feared or even expected death (like Prince Philip was last year). QE II probably 2nd, Pope Benedict 3rd.

Although if I can let you in on a secret, I don't particularly care who gets 1st or 2nd or 3rd place, more who is in the top 50 and who isn't!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Although if I can let you in on a secret, I don't particularly care who gets 1st or 2nd or 3rd place, more who is in the top 50 and who isn't!

Me too, I think the order is fairly meaningless.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 07:47, Toast said:

Me too, I think the order is fairly meaningless.

Then why number them at all? Why not just have a list of names?

35 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

Then why number them at all? Why not just have a list of names?

shrug-gif-9.gif

No idea, it's not my list.

• Like 2