faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Look, he is 97 years old.

His health is going to deteriorate, he is going to die.

The End

Copyright Jackanory

• Like 2

21 hours ago, markb4 said:

I tend to ignore this, but an interesting fact is they also mentioned he had a concussion during his recent car crash. Was that news mentioned anywhere?

The TMZ article about the crash said paramedics treated him at the scene for a possible concussion. That doesn't sound like he actually DID get a concussion, imo. Probably just precautionary given his age and the nature of the accident.

Amusing that Radar Online is trying to whip up some doom over his "grueling" work on Days of Our Lives. It's a guest appearance on a soap opera where they do one take at most, and there's already somebody older than DVD who still appears on it. I'm sure he's begging for mercy.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 23:29, DaDeathGuy said:

To me he looks like a good 97-year-old but 97 nonetheless. All this talk about him reaching 100 or more is premature.

I agree.  Three years is a long time when you are that age.....for him to make it to 100, when, in fact, his birthday is in December, so over three more years to go....I don't think it's going to happen. 

• Like 1

As it’s premature to say he will reach 100 I think it’s equally premature to say he won’t, he’s the most active 97 year old I’ve ever seen in show business. Kirk Douglas wasn’t exactly the best looking for his age and he made it all the way to 103.

• Like 2

Wow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mollyafox said:

Spent Father’s Day with his kids and grandkids. 

https://people.com/dick-van-dyke-celebrates-fathers-day-with-family-7550478

He looks far better than most 97 year olds, that's for sure. I think he could even qualify to be dropped from the list, given how he's clearly not ill, still working, and still seems like he could live another 5 years easily...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comped said:

I think he could even qualify to be dropped from the list, given how he's clearly not ill, still working, and still seems like he could live another 5 years easily...

He turns 99 next year and has been on every list since 2018, it's safe to say he's going to be on until he dies. As far as I can tell, the only other recent recurring DL pick who was cut at such an advanced age was Herman Wouk who missed 2013 and 2014.

• Like 7

An interview from around a month ago 

• Like 4

who actually endorsed Dick as a candidate. i'd love to hear their reasons as he looks like he'll survive at least another 2 years. he hasnt "disappeared" like others on the way out

• Like 2

I can see him lasting more than 2.If he stays off the roads that is.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 18:27, tracy said:

He turns 99 next year and has been on every list since 2018, it's safe to say he's going to be on until he dies. As far as I can tell, the only other recent recurring DL pick who was cut at such an advanced age was Herman Wouk who missed 2013 and 2014.

He should be kept on until he dies.Put him lower next year though I would suggest.If Shane dies maybe give him the coveted no 50 spot.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LovelyVincent said:

who actually endorsed Dick as a candidate. i'd love to hear their reasons as he looks like he'll survive at least another 2 years. he hasnt "disappeared" like others on the way out

It wasn't me, but I'll probably have him on my list starting next year. Sure, he does look incredibly healthy for his age right now, but things can go downhill very fast and unpredictably at 98 years old. There are worse candidates on this years Deathlist. I still think it more likely than not he will be with us at this time next year, however.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 23:30, LovelyVincent said:

I'd be more interested to know why DL committee has placed him at no 1 spot when there are terminally ill people on the list

• Like 3

On 01/08/2023 at 23:30, LovelyVincent said:

I think at this stage it is a case of reverse Old Maid. Noone wants to be the one suggesting dropping him in the year he finally keels over.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think at this stage it is a case of reverse Old Maid. Noone wants to be the one suggesting dropping him in the year he finally keels over.

Exactly. He will be on the list until passing away. It's going to happen. Might as well accept it. Only thing left is to argue over the arbitrary number he's given. 

On that note. Jimmy Carter not being #1 is a crime. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

On that note. Jimmy Carter not being #1 is a crime

He can be number one next year :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

He can be number one next year :D

Please no Dyke should be in the 20’s at the minimum 

• Like 1

In very serious danger, could collapse at any minute. His boyhood home that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Joltin Joe said:

In very serious danger, could collapse at any minute. His boyhood home that is.

Error message - 451: Unavailable due to legal reasons.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 02/08/2023 at 16:07, Charlotte's Controller said:

It only takes a fall when tap dancing or an accident going down to the gym, things Trump has probably never done.

Boy Trump must live in your brain 24/7. How do you make the transaction from Dick Van Dyke going to the gym, to Trump, in one sentance??

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

Probably the only place they would ever meet in a sentence. I wish Trump did not occupy my mind so much it appals me so much that the population of a country could have put such an idiot in the position of president. I must admit the UK is not much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/08/2023 at 16:00, Charlotte's Controller said:

Probably the only place they would ever meet in a sentence. I wish Trump did not occupy my mind so much it appals me so much that the population of a country could have put such an idiot in the position of president. I must admit the UK is not much better.

It is appalling that geriatric Biden has been even worse than the Clintons' donor. Then there is the Hunter scandal....

Americans should have better choice than the odious Trump and the geriatric Biden but they get what they deserve.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

15 hours ago, Kenny said:

It is appalling that geriatric Biden has been even worse than the Clintons' donor. Then there is the Hunter scandal....

Americans should have better choice than the odious Trump and the geriatric Biden but they get what they deserve.

The only reason why we have Biden is because he is the ONLY person who can beat trump at this moment, sanders can’t, warren can’t, rfk jr can’t, yang can’t and every other Democratic politician can not beat trump the only person who I can see to beat trump is Obama but he can’t even run.. 

• Like 2