M.Lawrenson

Lester Piggott

Vem fan bryr sig om Lester Piggott? Hade aldrig hört talas om honom förrut. Trodde att DeathList var till för jättekända människor, inte urtråkiga gubbar som rider på hästar. Gäsp...Om han hade varit någon annan nationalitet än britt skulle han överhuvudtaget inte ha valts ut av den så kallade "kommittén". Folk här säger att Javier Cuellar är den tråkigaste personen i listan, men Lester är en bra utmanare till den föga smickrande titeln. Seriöst, njuter folk verkligen av att se hästtävlingar? Uppenbarligen gör de ju det, men har hästarna något val? Nä, de stackarna TVINGAS ju springa varv efter varv efter varv, alternativt lockas de till det med morötter/sockerbitar. Dags att skrota dessa tävlingar och låta dessa överklassherrar själva springa om de nu så gärna vill vinna olika lopp. :banghead:

Who the hell cares about Lester Piggott? Had never heard of him before. Thought that DeathList was for famous people, not urtråkiga old men riding on horese. Yawn...if he had been any other nationality other than British,he would have not been selected by the so called committee. People here sag Javier de cuellar is the boring one.
Learn your history Kid.

I only translated what he wrote into English.

Let you off, don't do it again. :D

Vem fan bryr sig om Lester Piggott? Hade aldrig hört talas om honom förrut. Trodde att DeathList var till för jättekända människor, inte urtråkiga gubbar som rider på hästar. Gäsp...Om han hade varit någon annan nationalitet än britt skulle han överhuvudtaget inte ha valts ut av den så kallade "kommittén". Folk här säger att Javier Cuellar är den tråkigaste personen i listan, men Lester är en bra utmanare till den föga smickrande titeln. Seriöst, njuter folk verkligen av att se hästtävlingar? Uppenbarligen gör de ju det, men har hästarna något val? Nä, de stackarna TVINGAS ju springa varv efter varv efter varv, alternativt lockas de till det med morötter/sockerbitar. Dags att skrota dessa tävlingar och låta dessa överklassherrar själva springa om de nu så gärna vill vinna olika lopp. :banghead:

Who the hell cares about Lester Piggott? Had never heard of him before. Thought that DeathList was for famous people, not urtråkiga old men riding on horese. Yawn...if he had been any other nationality other than British,he would have not been selected by the so called committee. People here sag Javier de cuellar is the boring one.
Learn your history Kid.

I think you'll find many other people did too.

Learn your history Kid.

Can you, in future, translate your own posts into Swedish, then back to English?

• Like 2

Learn your history Kid.

Can you, in future, translate your own posts into Swedish, then back to English?

Damn, that's cruel!! :lol:

Stupid question but why is Predictor not writing in English like he normally does?

The answer is one of these: :D

a) Predictor is drunk as hell

b.) Predictor didn't want Lester Piggott's feelings to be hurt, in case he randomly visits the deathlist website and sees (and understands) the rant

c) Predictor accidentally forgot to translate to English before posting the text, and by the time RadGuy did his Polish reply, it was too late to change

• Like 1

Stupid question but why is Predictor not writing in English like he normally does?

b.) Predictor didn't want Lester Piggott's feelings to be hurt, in case he randomly visits the deathlist website and sees (and understands) the rant

c) Predictor accidentally forgot to translate to English before posting the text, and by the time RadGuy did his Polish reply, it was too late to change

I suspect its a) which would have led to c )

• Like 1

I suspect its a) which would have led to c )

I concur.

It appears there is not a Dutch word for 'bollocks'.

There must be but it wont show up on a translate because most translate pages only translate correct language and not slang.

I suspect, if you do the Gold Member accent, bollocks in Dutch is Bollocshh :D

Plenty of other Dutch swearwords though.

• Like 1

b.) Lester wouldn't give a flying fuck.

By the way, the other day I came across (pun intended) a more pendulous pair of plums than yours. I have the pictures. :o

Plenty of other Dutch swearwords though.

I advise to use the expressions there with reluctance. Some are real, useful and hard-working Dutch swearwords. Others are rarely used or even made up. Several are badly spelled and using those involves the risk of being laughed at.

The English word ''bollocks'' has several meanings. There is no single Dutch word that captures all those meanings at once. Using http://nl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bollocks as a template, let's see:

something rubbish -> kutzooi

a falsehood or series of lies -> gelul

something great -> N/A

the best possible -> N/A

testicles -> kloten

exclamation on making a error.-> kut!

Dutch has no swearwords for something great or the best possible. Why should it, they don´t exist anyway in this context.

Swearing and name calling in Dutch follow a relatively simple procedure.

1. Take a basic independent word for the person or thing you want to insult or swear at: vent, lul, pik, piemel, zak, eikel for males, wijf, kut, hoer, snol for females, kind, aap for children and ding for things as well as homo, nicht and flikker for (homosexual) males. Gender-neutral alternatives are hufter, boer, hond, knurft, sukkel. If you're in a mellow mood, you can leave it at that.

2. Prepend a word for emphasis. Usable are:

2a. The names of genitalia (or parts of male ones): klote, zak, lul for males, kut for women and children.

2b. The names of diseases: pokken (smallpocks), kanker (cancer), tering (tuberculosis), pest (plague), tyfus (typhoid fever), pleuris (pleurisy)

2c. The names of human waste: stront, poep for shit, pis, zeik for piss, snot.

Examples: klootzak, lulhannes, kutwijf, teringwijf, kloteding, pleuriskind, snotaap, kankerhoer, pisnicht. Kutweer is bad weather.

In exceptional cases step 2 is repeated: teringsnotaap, kutzeikwijf.

A few independent words work well for name calling:

(for males)

- hufter

- boerelul

(for females)

- trut

- takkewijf

There´s more, but the above description will cover most cases.

Swearing in Dutch is rather primitive. The above names of diseases, genitalia and human waste are much used and there's the mainstay: godverdomme.

• Like 4

Learn your history Kid.

Just into Swedish would do.

oh I see... So all the things my Finnish girlfriend said about the Swedish seem to be correct...

Predictor, Lester's an old fart. Jockeys don't live that healthily. Look up Willy Schumacher in America.

And also his speaking voice is very funny. He has the kind of "dull or incoherent speaking voice" of a British sportsman that used to be funny or amusing (like Nigel Mansell's fantastic droning Brummie accent) instead of the ones we have now like Andrew Murray where it's not funny any more and it's so dull it makes you want to kill yourself (have you ever heard what Murray sounds like when he's supposedly "ecstatic" after winning a Wimbledon match? It will scar you)

It's another one of those British things you'd understand if you'd seen "Spitting Image".

Lester has a speech impediment caused by a cleft palate.

• Like 1

Wasn't he also born partially deaf??

I always thought his speech impediment was the result of a stroke.

I always thought his speech impediment was the result of a stroke.

LFN and Toast are correct, he was born partially deaf with a cleft palate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LFN and Toast are correct, he was born partially deaf with a cleft palate.

Q: Good morning mr Piggott, how are we today?

A: WHUTH?

There are various stories about Lester's allegedly selective deafness. ;)

• Like 1

This article was from May and he was out and about in Ireland signing books and watching horse racing. Looks thin but probably better than John Hurt. I would be inclined to drop him for 2017.

This article was from May and he was out and about in Ireland signing books and watching horse racing. Looks thin but probably better than John Hurt. I would be inclined to drop him for 2017.

He's always been thin, gaunt even. It's a bit of a mystery why he was picked, unless there was an unfounded rumour of ill-health.

• Like 2

He's always been thin, gaunt even. It's a bit of a mystery why he was picked, unless there was an unfounded rumour of ill-health.

His defence during tax evasion charges argued brain damage from repeated falls meant he couldn't comprehend the complexities of his earnings. That's the major health issue related to him. But it might be an Ernest Saunders kind of brain problem, eh?

• Like 2