Earl Gloomy

Horse Racing

<---- My £7 stake money will be placed on the nose of "lucky" number 7 - which ever horse that maybe!

I guess it will come in 7th...

Dooney's Gate...

• Like 1

<---- My £7 stake money will be placed on the nose of "lucky" number 7 - which ever horse that maybe!

Dooney's Gate...

That's not far off Rooney's Date!

I like the look of the form of Shanks' tip Ballabriggs, brings 3 1 1 1 - 1 1 2, worth an each way me thinks.

Couple of National tips from Armitage - Ballabriggs and Calgary Bay. Be lucky, my deathlist friends.

Cheers for the tip Mr. Shanks, Ballabriggs has just won me £44.00. Together with the £55.00 I won on the Irish Lottery on Wednesday, I've won £99.00 this week for an outlay of just £6.00, not a bad return.

Guest Armitage Shanks
Couple of National tips from Armitage - Ballabriggs and Calgary Bay. Be lucky, my deathlist friends.

Cheers for the tip Mr. Shanks, Ballabriggs has just won me £44.00. Together with the £55.00 I won on the Irish Lottery on Wednesday, I've won £99.00 this week for an outlay of just £6.00, not a bad return.

A pleasure, ma'am. Delighted to be of service.

Dooney's Gate...

I like the look of the form of Shanks' tip Ballabriggs, brings 3 1 1 1 - 1 1 2, worth an each way me thinks.

Dead.

Wrong kind of tipping there, RA! ;)

Dooney's Gate...

Dead.

Wrong kind of tipping there, RA! ;)

Hey, of the two that died I put money on one of them. I think my signature needs to reflect my "bad" luck.

I'll be picking up my Ballabriggs money on Monday evening - it was only £2 eachway but I did have it at 18/1.

BIG THANKS

to

Armitage Shanks.

I'm off to Epsom for the first time tomorrow and Shanks is AWOL in the Bolivian jungle, so tell me who's going to win the Derby. Seeing as her maj owns the favourite, maybe I should ask our royal correspondent. Windy, is Brenda's nag going to romp home?

As for today's Oaks, someone muttered a tip within my earshot, but I Havant a clue what they were on about...

I only bet on the horses a handful of times a year. So far this year, out of the 4 horse races I have bet on, I've managed to pick the winners of The Grand National (albeit tipped off by Mr. Shanks), The Irish National and today's Epsom Derby. I also managed to pick the 3rd placed horse in The Scottish National. Not bad for a girl who knows nothing about form and just goes for names she likes. I've had a good return for my money :) .

Bagged as easy a 20 nicker as any this year with Frankel at Ascot at 5/2 on...

A practically bankrupt Kettering will be forced to use youth players to fulfill their fixture against Grimsby tomorrow. I would suggest that everybody puts their house on Grimsby winning. I have, nearly. thsmiley_pray.gif

Aldaniti trainer Josh Gifford has died http://www.racingpos...e-of-70/985764/

Points for one of my theme teams, but gives me no pleasure. I met Josh a few times at the races and he was a very nice bloke and a real gent.

Guest Armitage Shanks

I know my many fans are relying on my good self for a National tip, and I would so hate to disappoint....

..... Cappa Bleu.

Get on, good people, get on.

I was wondering if we could have a punt in here on a horse that might die during the race.

If so, I'll have a metaphorical ten quid on Weird Al.

Guest Armitage Shanks

At long last Channel 4 is putting that outrageous oaf McCririck out to pasture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-20093205

It's time they employed a witty, urbane, handsome, knowledgeable fellow instead. Modesty permits one from saying anything further, of course.

Guest Armitage Shanks

Off to Liverpool in the old Bugatti first thing in the morning, so in case I don't get a mo before Saturday here are my four against the field with approximate current odds:

Colbert Station 12/1 (could do with a drop of rain)

Teaforthree 14/1

Balthazar King 20/1 (prefers good ground)

Always Waining 40/1 (prefers good ground)

I suggest an e/w tenner on any of them.

Toodle-pip, Army.

Ryan Mania, yesterday's Grand National winning jockey has been airlifted to hospital with neck and back injuries after a fall this afternoon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...racing/22059295

(Apologies for sticking this in here, I thought we had a jockey thread, but I can't find it)

Guest Armitage Shanks

Armitage has been doing his rain-stay-away dance for the past week, hoping either Triolo Dalene or Balthazar King can do the business in the National.

Good re the rain. < a going pun :)....

Been all over Hunt Ball at stoopid prices for a week/month or two and will go in again largish tomorrow, with in running betting/laying very worthwhile with him as he will jump soundly. Currently 40/50's with bigger on Betfair.

If he places in top 5 then woo fuckin hoo.......wins? Retire.

Also e/w doubles with Chile in WC and I now see after coming back from the states and changing owners he will run in a Chile strip :D

• Like 1