Not a band, but for me it's got to be George Ezra. Every time I hear 'Shotgun' I dream about how much I'd love to have a large shite down his windpipe.

As for bands... I agree with Clorox, Black Eyed Peas can definitely get in the bin. 

So can Keane, as it happens. And Westlife. And The Beatles. And OMD. And Oasis.

15 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Not a band, but for me it's got to be George Ezra. Every time I hear 'Shotgun' I dream about how much I'd love to have a large shite down his windpipe.

As for bands... I agree with Clorox, Black Eyed Peas can definitely get in the bin. 

So can Keane, as it happens. And Westlife. And The Beatles. And OMD. And Oasis.

I love OMD

• Like 2

Boybands (exemplified by the 5 pretty boys sat in a row type like Westlife and Boyzone, but the lot of 'em really, going back to  the bay city rollers)

Anybody connected to Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh

Any music produced by girl pop stars whose principal/sole talent lies in pouting in their undies in videos - Cheryl, Ariana and dozens of others in between (The videos themselves can stay, albeit on mute)

95% of reggae music

99% of disco music

100% of house music

spice girls

anything elton john has done in the last 40 years

anything cliff richard has done in the last 60 years

..and Mud's Lonely this Christmas, which kept our 'Wombling Merry Christmas' from being the seasonal no 1 in 1974, and which rankles to this day.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, time said:

Boney M

whoa whoa whoa there

Nothing wrong with a bit of Boney M

The rest I agree with

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Any music produced by girl pop stars whose principal/sole talent lies in pouting in their undies in videos - Cheryl, Ariana and dozens of others in between (The videos themselves can stay, albeit on mute)

Aye, but Ariana Grande can actually sing, and 3 of her albums are "universally acclaimed" on Metacritic. None of which she wrote, of course.

Perhaps she could dub over the others?

3 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

..and Mud's Lonely this Christmas, which kept our 'Wombling Merry Christmas' from being the seasonal no 1 in 1974, and which rankles to this day.

@Great Uncle Bulgaria, in the song mentioned, what is "it" in the line "I'll do it to you, you do it to me"? ;)

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

@Great Uncle Bulgaria, in the song mentioned, what is "it" in the line "I'll do it to you, you do it to me"? ;)

It's actually "Wombling through, I'll tune into you, you tune into me." It's a reference to some old CB radios that Bungo found on the common and Tobermory mended, thereby enabling me to communicate with Madam Cholet at the other end of the burrow whenever I want a nice horlicks before bedtime.

(And that's not a euphemism btw)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

It's actually "Wombling through, I'll tune into you, you tune into me." It's a reference to some old CB radios that Bungo found on the common and Tobermory mended, thereby enabling me to communicate with Madam Cholet at the other end of the burrow whenever I want a nice horlicks before bedtime.

(And that's not a euphemism btw)

Thanks Great Uncle!

I've been mishearing that lyric for over 40 years. Which hopefully makes me an honorary Womble.

“A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?”    

11 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

“A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?”    

5p

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

5p. 

The bat cost £1.05 and the ball cost £0.05  so it's £1.10 in total....

• Like 1

Speaking as a dad, I want to know the shop where balls and bats are only £1.10 for both in 2020...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have seen It heavy I have seen it thin being the best does not hurt my skin I was best in the eighties but who cared in the 90's I was half dead we have pulled a tooth or two and we like physics too

who am I