Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Dear DLers:

Am I being a bit narcissistic on my duaghter's behalf?

Yesterday 9/30 was my daughter's 5th birthday. It's her day. her birthday. All hers. At least in her family tree.

So cut away a few days ago, when her aunt and her aunt's partner are due to have twins. They already have one child who is 3. In a technical/medical/genealogical sense, it's he partner who was inseminated and carried the babies to term, it's her DNA. So although any children to this couple are her 'cousins', they're not really.

I do genealogy so don't attack me -- people are either related or they ain't. (Sorry you adopted people, you'll get no solace from me).

Anyway, that aside -- due to whatever the babies were to be born C-section on 9/29. Last I heard.​​

I work away from home and don't dwell on day to day matters that occur at home and this slipped my mind until yesterday, 9/30.... when I see a FB post from the aunt introducing the newborn twins an hour earlier!

This was NOT a natural childbirth. It was a C-section. It was scheduled to my knowledge on the 29th. You can have a bloody C-section whenever you want. So why did they delay an​d choose to have my daughter's 'cousins' on the same day, meaning now they all have the same birthday? And why am I petulant about it? Am I asshole #1 for being so? Am I right? Should I be like Queen Elsa and Let It Go? LOL

Just needed to vent. G​oddamn aunt trying to steal my daughter's birthday special day from her. The audacity.

SirC

No you can't. They might have been booked in on 29th, but if there was an influx of emergencies or whatever, they might have been bumped to the next day. And using your own logic, they're not even related, so what's your problem? Personally I think you're being petty.

• Like 1

Dear DLers:

Am I being a bit narcissistic on my duaghter's behalf?

Yesterday 9/30 was my daughter's 5th birthday. It's her day. her birthday. All hers. At least in her family tree.

So cut away a few days ago, when her aunt and her aunt's partner are due to have twins. They already have one child who is 3. In a technical/medical/genealogical sense, it's he partner who was inseminated and carried the babies to term, it's her DNA. So although any children to this couple are her 'cousins', they're not really.

I do genealogy so don't attack me -- people are either related or they ain't. (Sorry you adopted people, you'll get no solace from me).

Anyway, that aside -- due to whatever the babies were to be born C-section on 9/29. Last I heard.​​

I work away from home and don't dwell on day to day matters that occur at home and this slipped my mind until yesterday, 9/30.... when I see a FB post from the aunt introducing the newborn twins an hour earlier!

This was NOT a natural childbirth. It was a C-section. It was scheduled to my knowledge on the 29th. You can have a bloody C-section whenever you want. So why did they delay an​d choose to have my daughter's 'cousins' on the same day, meaning now they all have the same birthday? And why am I petulant about it? Am I asshole #1 for being so? Am I right? Should I be like Queen Elsa and Let It Go? LOL

Just needed to vent. G​oddamn aunt trying to steal my daughter's birthday special day from her. The audacity.

SirC

I think you're being petty. Your daughter is not going to go through the rest of her never life never meeting anyone with the same birthday as her so she might as well realise now that the date isn't exclusive to her (it's my niece's birthday too as it happens).

• Like 2

I thought C-Sections were usually due to medical issues and fairly urgent procedures?

• Like 2

C-sections can be delayed by all manners of things, from the mundane (red tape) to the serious (health issue). A family member needed one a while back due to a pressing medical issue, and the hospital still managed to delay it by 12 hours! So a planned one with no issues could easily be delayed by the hospital into the next day.

C-sections can be delayed by all manners of things, from the mundane (red tape) to the serious (health issue). A family member needed one a while back due to a pressing medical issue, and the hospital still managed to delay it by 12 hours! So a planned one with no issues could easily be delayed by the hospital into the next day.

And that's just it, it's the hospitals decision not the pregnant womans.

• Like 2

My daughter took so long to be born that they tore up the tags they had written out but it did mean she ended up sharing her birthday with her Grandad which is something both of them now enjoy. It also happend to be July 4th but that has no impact over here.

• Like 2

Jesus fucking Christ suicide.gif

• Like 1

My fourth was an emergency c-section. They actually pulled a woman out of the OR to get me in. We passed each other in the hallway. I was bawling my eyes out and she was lovely and told me not to worry she was happy to wait which made me bawl even more. My son was safely delivered and I have a scary frankenstein-like scar.

Was the Monty Python sketch about the Dinsdale Brothers inspired by the Kray twins?

I'm just reading about the rumours of an affar between one of the twins and Tory politician Lord Boothby:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/covered-up-50-years-how-6686843

which reminds me of the Dinsdale bit with John Cleese as a female impersonator.

Was the Monty Python sketch about the Dinsdale Brothers inspired by the Kray twins?

I'm just reading about the rumours of an affar between one of the twins and Tory politician Lord Boothby:

Yes, it was.

Boothby was a Tory, and a bit of a scoundrel, but I'll always admire his gall for the time he was introduced to Hitler, and when everyone around the table did the Hitler Salute, complete with "Heil Hitler!", Boothby paused a second, then did the salute complete with a loud "Heil Boothby!"

• Like 1

Yes, it was.

Boothby was a Tory, and a bit of a scoundrel, but I'll always admire his gall for the time he was introduced to Hitler, and when everyone around the table did the Hitler Salute, complete with "Heil Hitler!", Boothby paused a second, then did the salute complete with a loud "Heil Boothby!"

Ah thanks!

The bloke in eastenders that plays the cross dresser. Where the hell do know him from? I think he was in a 60s/70s sit com. Anybody able to help?

Kick up the eighties..

Maybe thinking of Nuts In May with Alison Steadman? She does a good Hylda impression I understand. Although he might dress up as her now!

Any computer buffs be able to help me here. Just had my hard drive replaced and everything seems to be working fine except for my cd drive constantly dissapearing. I've checked the CD drivers and their up to date. I've tried updating the regedit manually and through cmd promot. Even went to the troubke if buying an external cd drive thinking the laptop one was broke but it doesn't recognise that one at all. Is there any solution to this (Windows 8.1)?

Any computer buffs be able to help me here. Just had my hard drive replaced and everything seems to be working fine except for my cd drive constantly dissapearing. I've checked the CD drivers and their up to date. I've tried updating the regedit manually and through cmd promot. Even went to the troubke if buying an external cd drive thinking the laptop one was broke but it doesn't recognise that one at all. Is there any solution to this (Windows 8.1)?

Have a read of this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

Have a read of this.

Thanks but I've tried all of those methods and the furthest I've got is it reappearing for half an hour and then disappearing while I imported a CD.

Have a read of this.

Thanks but I've tried all of those methods and the furthest I've got is it reappearing for half an hour and then disappearing while I imported a CD.

When you say it disappears do you mean just the icon disappears?

Have a read of this.

For the internal cd drive the icon dissapears from "This PC" and the cd drive becomes unusable (can't import or play cds) but then I'll try a regedit or run a free program I found on line to repair it and it'll return for ten minutes or an hour. The external drive works on someone elses computer (which is Windows 7) but can't be recognised at all on mine.

Have a read of this.

For the internal cd drive the icon dissapears from "This PC" and the cd drive becomes unusable (can't import or play cds) but then I'll try a regedit or run a free program I found on line to repair it and it'll return for ten minutes or an hour. The external drive works on someone elses computer (which is Windows 7) but can't be recognised at all on mine.

Weird. Regedit can be fraught with problems, did you save your settings before altering them?

Have you tried Windows recovery?

Just realised mine and CO'F's conversation should be in Ask A Deathlister could a mod please move it for tidiness?

Edited by Magere Hein
7 posts moved from The Deathlist HOWTO

Guest Anthony Mack

Should Bob Barker, Norman Lloyd, Fyvush Finkel & William Schallert be added to the deathlist once 2016 arrives

Should Bob Barker, Norman Lloyd, Fyvush Finkel & William Schallert be added to the deathlist once 2016 arrives

A trillion better places to ask this question. And yes, no, no, yes.