Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Thanks for the advice YoungWillz. Truth be told I am not that keen to send him back. I don't think he was that fond of Yorkshire and personally think it is more fitting to scatter him at one of his favourite places here. We'll see, just surprised at how difficult the process is. I thought it would be a case of just shipping with whatever overseas courier service you fancy, but not true. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Does anyone else here sleepwalk? I have on and off since I was about 9 and it seems I'm still doing it. This morning I awoke to find I'd filled my bath empty coat-hangers, about a month ago I found a half eaten plum on the kitchen table which I definitely hadn't eaten while awake and I don't have vermin, when my mum was over at Christmas I walked into her room, threw a blanket at her and walked out all whilst asleep. It does worry me, especially the eating part(there have been other incidents pre plum). Any advice. I've been to the doctor before about it when I was a teenager but they were rather dismissive.

All suggestions welcome.

Guest awesome guest

Does anyone else here sleepwalk? I have on and off since I was about 9 and it seems I'm still doing it. This morning I awoke to find I'd filled my bath empty coat-hangers, about a month ago I found a half eaten plum on the kitchen table which I definitely hadn't eaten while awake and I don't have vermin, when my mum was over at Christmas I walked into her room, threw a blanket at her and walked out all whilst asleep. It does worry me, especially the eating part(there have been other incidents pre plum). Any advice. I've been to the doctor before about it when I was a teenager but they were rather dismissive.

All suggestions welcome.

lock your door at night and give it yo someone else in the house then you wouldn't cause as much chaos as if it was unlocked but to stop it all together is out of my knowledge hope this helps your problem

Why are we getting a multiplicity of double posts all of a sudden?

I'm getting it a lot on a variety of forums, and usually that means intermittent internet on my part , (I use 3 mobile to tether).

I am currently suffering from intermittent internet, which I put down to the fact that they have just installed superfast fibre broadband locally. Not that I'm cynical or anything, but I bet it would mysteriously cure itself the moment I order an upgrade.

• Like 1

I am currently suffering from intermittent internet, which I put down to the fact that they have just installed superfast fibre broadband locally. Not that I'm cynical or anything, but I bet it would mysteriously cure itself the moment I order an upgrade.

Not necessarily.

Superfast is a bit of a con trick, unless you need a high speed for data/music downloading or your broadband speed is mega shite but a provider will offer you superfast to compensate it, don't bother.

Not necessarily.

Superfast is a bit of a con trick, unless you need a high speed for data/music downloading or your broadband speed is mega shite but a provider will offer you superfast to compensate it, don't bother.

My landline STILL don't work.

Not necessarily.

You are fucking joking!!!!!

Not necessarily.

I'm fucking not. They refuse to fix it. Insist it's my fault. Costs me a fortune to keep ringing them from my mobile, and it's causing me so much grief I've stopped bothering, it boils my fucking piss so much each time I try and speak to them that I'll have a fucking coronary soon. I've taken to gobbing on every Openreach van I see :D

• Like 2

Not necessarily.

I'm fucking not. They refuse to fix it. Insist it's my fault. Costs me a fortune to keep ringing them from my mobile, and it's causing me so much grief I've stopped bothering, it boils my fucking piss so much each time I try and speak to them that I'll have a fucking coronary soon. I've taken to gobbing on every Openreach van I see :D

Its not down to Openreach, its down to your provider. They only refuse to send us out to fix it because you refuse to pay. Your best bet is to contact Ofcom and tell them what a bunch of fucktards your provider is. Its Talk Talk, isnt it? They are the worlds worst, I cannot even begin to understand how they are still a functioning business, every customer Ive ever been to that's had them has exclaimed 'Never Again!

• Like 1

Not necessarily.

Its not down to Openreach, its down to your provider. They only refuse to send us out to fix it because you refuse to pay. Your best bet is to contact Ofcom and tell them what a bunch of fucktards your provider is. Its Talk Talk, isnt it? They are the worlds worst, I cannot even begin to understand how they are still a functioning business, every customer Ive ever been to that's had them has exclaimed 'Never Again!

No it's BT, and I will never use them again once I can get out of this contract, I have five cunting months left and I'm seriously considering just not fucking paying any more and letting the cunts take me to court, fuck knows how I'm going to watch MotoGP but I will not give them a single penny more after my contract is up, they are crooks and their customer service is fucking abysmal, most of them can't speak English in a way that anyone outside of Bombay understands, and the ones that can are fucking rude, I've never had more fucking total RAGE than when I've had to speak to them. In fact I'm raging now just talking about it.

• Like 1

Not necessarily.

No it's BT, and I will never use them again once I can get out of this contract, I have five cunting months left and I'm seriously considering just not fucking paying any more and letting the cunts take me to court, fuck knows how I'm going to watch MotoGP but I will not give them a single penny more after my contract is up, they are crooks and their customer service is fucking abysmal, most of them can't speak English in a way that anyone outside of Bombay understands, and the ones that can are fucking rude, I've never had more fucking total RAGE than when I've had to speak to them. In fact I'm raging now just talking about it.

If you are considering not paying anymore then you may as well accept 'possible charges' and have somebody out who will, no doubt prove. its not YOUR equipment causing the problem . That way you don't pay the fuckers but still have somebody to come and sort it out!!

Can someone who understands rugby explain how the fuck Samoa got into your most prestigous event? Are they the Fort William of international rugby?

• Like 1

Can someone who understands rugby explain how the fuck Samoa got into your most prestigous event? Are they the Fort William of international rugby?

They qualified outright by finishing in the top 3 of their group in the last Cup, and taking South Africa and Wales to the wire.

They qualified outright by finishing in the top 3 of their group in the last Cup, and taking South Africa and Wales to the wire.

But there's only 4 teams in a group - how the fuck is this a sustainable system? Doesn't that leave 24 teams that just re-qualify and 8 qualifiers?

But there's only 4 teams in a group - how the fuck is this a sustainable system? Doesn't that leave 24 teams that just re-qualify and 8 qualifiers?

Four groups of 5.

Top 3 in each group qualifies for the next World Cup. Leaving 8 spots for the other 100 odd rugby playing nations.

Rugby is still very much sorted into the "haves" and "have nots". So you'll see nations like Georgia who are getting into it quite the thing, but theres no promotion to the six nations or any European cups, so they only face top opposition at a World Cup.

no explain how nambia got in they were brutally best by new Zealand.

no explain how nambia got in they were brutally best by new Zealand.

Nambia? Is this a new country? Better tell Sporcle.

• Like 1

Everytime I see this thread I think it reads "Ask a deatheater" so I click on it only to be disappointed.

Dear DLers:

Am I being a bit narcissistic on my duaghter's behalf?

Yesterday 9/30 was my daughter's 5th birthday. It's her day. her birthday. All hers. At least in her family tree.

So cut away a few days ago, when her aunt and her aunt's partner are due to have twins. They already have one child who is 3. In a technical/medical/genealogical sense, it's he partner who was inseminated and carried the babies to term, it's her DNA. So although any children to this couple are her 'cousins', they're not really.

I do genealogy so don't attack me -- people are either related or they ain't. (Sorry you adopted people, you'll get no solace from me).

Anyway, that aside -- due to whatever the babies were to be born C-section on 9/29. Last I heard.​​

I work away from home and don't dwell on day to day matters that occur at home and this slipped my mind until yesterday, 9/30.... when I see a FB post from the aunt introducing the newborn twins an hour earlier!

This was NOT a natural childbirth. It was a C-section. It was scheduled to my knowledge on the 29th. You can have a bloody C-section whenever you want. So why did they delay an​d choose to have my daughter's 'cousins' on the same day, meaning now they all have the same birthday? And why am I petulant about it? Am I asshole #1 for being so? Am I right? Should I be like Queen Elsa and Let It Go? LOL

Just needed to vent. G​oddamn aunt trying to steal my daughter's birthday special day from her. The audacity.

SirC

Dear DLers:

Yesterday 9/30 was my daughter's 5th birthday. It's her day. her birthday. All hers. At least in her family tree.

So cut away a few days ago, when her aunt and her aunt's partner are due to have twins. They already have one child who is 3. In a technical/medical/genealogical sense, it's he partner who was inseminated and carried the babies to term, it's her DNA. So although any children to this couple are her 'cousins', they're not really.

I do genealogy so don't attack me -- people are either related or they ain't. (Sorry you adopted people, you'll get no solace from me).

Anyway, that aside -- due to whatever the babies were to be born C-section on 9/29. Last I heard.​​

I work away from home and don't dwell on day to day matters that occur at home and this slipped my mind until yesterday, 9/30.... when I see a FB post from the aunt introducing the newborn twins an hour earlier!

This was NOT a natural childbirth. It was a C-section. It was scheduled to my knowledge on the 29th. You can have a bloody C-section whenever you want. So why did they delay an​d choose to have my daughter's 'cousins' on the same day, meaning now they all have the same birthday? And why am I petulant about it? Am I asshole #1 for being so? Am I right? Should I be like Queen Elsa and Let It Go? LOL

Just needed to vent. G​oddamn aunt trying to steal my daughter's birthday special day from her. The audacity.

SirC

If there is a bit of a rivalry going on between those sisters, if I read it correctly, then yes, it's a hostile move.

Dear DLers:

SirC

honestly it seems like a condense

SirC

This is not something I have encountered before - resentment because someone in the family has the same birthday. Why is this a problem?

I would have loved to share my birthday with a close family member, it would have been reason for an even more special day. I've had some pretty crap birthdays over the years - at least when it's a shared birthday, there's less chance of people forgetting or not bothering.

• Like 1