Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Turnout in Plymouth a magnificent...............13.03%.

Lowest in Devon and Cornwall.

Apparently it was a hideously low turn out in Wiltshire.................

Mind you, im hardly suprised, they cant read and they cant hold a pen with their webbed fingers, what chance did they have?

Im getting my tin hat on.....................

Mind you, im hardly suprised, they cant read and they cant hold a pen with their webbed fingers, what chance did they have?

I'll let you off for that, after all, I know how upset you've been this week now that your sister has dumped you and married your dad :D

Turnout in the Shire I believe was about 15% - I've had bigger turnouts the morning after a dodgy kebab.

• Like 1

I'll let you off for that, after all, I know how upset you've been this week now that your sister has dumped you and married your dad :D

Turnout in the Shire I believe was about 15% - I've had bigger turnouts the morning after a dodgy kebab.

I can cope with her leaving but she went and took the dog too.

Im gonna miss him, he was an awesome shag..... :lol:

Is anyone bothering to vote in these PCC elections?

I did and for some reason I have a postal vote even though I never requested one . I voted for ukip and a independent .

I like ukip because they are offering something new . I believe the three main parties are very much part of the same tree.

Before ukip There no party out there for a libertarian to vote for or someone who didn't want to be in Europe. They need to get rid of that awful pound sign logo though.

the lib dems are the biggest joke of all really. I don't know who voted for them to have over 50 seats in parliament .Then Sold out all their voters as soon as they got a chance to be apart of the government .

I did and for some reason I have a postal vote even though I never requested one . I voted for ukip and a independent .

I like ukip because they are offering something new . I believe the three main parties are very much part of the same tree.

Before ukip There no party out there for a libertarian to vote for or someone who didn't want to be in Europe. They need to get rid of that awful pound sign logo though.

the lib dems are the biggest joke of all really. I don't know who voted for them to have over 50 seats in parliament .Then Sold out all their voters as soon as they got a chance to be apart of the government .

You got that right

Nick Clegg did what he said he would do during the election campaign. He worked with the party that had the biggest mandate from the electorate.

His mistake was that he probably credited the Conservatives with too much integrity and has been surprised by how much they have dumped on him and how little control DC has over the rest of the party.

The Liberal Democrats are being unfairly pilloried for the actions of the Government as a whole.

Nick Clegg did what he said he would do during the election campaign. He worked with the party that had the biggest mandate from the electorate.

His mistake was that he probably credited the Conservatives with too much integrity and has been surprised by how much they have dumped on him and how little control DC has over the rest of the party.

The Liberal Democrats are being unfairly pilloried for the actions of the Government as a whole.

Nick clegg will stand down before the next election , if he is leader the lib dems will be wiped out at the next election . Seeing him during PMQ's laughing and sN-wording along with the tories is not short of a kick in the teeth to all the people he claimed to have stood up for .

Doesn't matter really anyway , lib dems ,conservative and labour all puppets and political parties who certainly don't answer to the British people. When was the last time we had a referendum on anything important ?

Nick clegg will stand down before the next election , if he is leader the lib dems will be wiped out at the next election . Seeing him during PMQ's laughing and sN-wording along with the tories is not short of a kick in the teeth to all the people he claimed to have stood up for .

Doesn't matter really anyway , lib dems ,conservative and labour all puppets and political parties who certainly don't answer to the British people. When was the last time we had a referendum on anything important ?

We have a referendum every five years it is a General Election. What is the point in electing leaders, when we want to micromanage every decision according to what the papers tell us is our opinion. The politicians should grasp the mandate, govern as they see fit and then present themselves to the country again five years later saying "Do you want more of the same?"

I think you are right Nick Clegg will not lead the Lib Dems into the 2015 election but the Tories will try to portray any failures of the parliament as being because they did not have enough freedom to implement their agenda.

The appropriate time to use referendums is for major constitutional changes such as the proposed switch to AV, Scottish independence or the abolition of the monarchy.

We have a referendum every five years it is a General Election. What is the point in electing leaders, when we want to micromanage every decision according to what the papers tell us is our opinion. The politicians should grasp the mandate, govern as they see fit and then present themselves to the country again five years later saying "Do you want more of the same?"

I guess I can find it on Wikipedia, if I could be arsed, but I may just as well ask here: do the UK constitutional arrangements provide for early general elections after a government resigns? I ask, because Article 64 of the Dutch Constitution gives the government the right to dissolve the States-General, after which general elections must be called within three months.

The appropriate time to use referendums is for major constitutional changes such as the proposed switch to AV, Scottish independence or the abolition of the monarchy.

Indeed. I don't think governing by referendum is an efficient arrangement. In addition to the above list: there is good reason to put proposed treaties to a referendum, like the Irish do.

regards,

Hein

Just written a long post in reply and the battery has run out...

Shag...

Basically UK governments don't resign. They like power too much. Only have elections if they can know they can win them. Only their own supporters like governments. Few people ever support the government, (no matter who).

So don't rock the boat old chap. Carry on taking your pay and sod the voters till we need them in 5 years time. Then again it wil be time for jam tomorrow all round.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2012-11-19a.126127.h&s=speaker%3A24772#g126127.r0

No way could I have made this up but they are already getting ready for jam tomorrow...

• Like 1

I guess I can find it on Wikipedia, if I could be arsed, but I may just as well ask here: do the UK constitutional arrangements provide for early general elections after a government resigns? I ask, because Article 64 of the Dutch Constitution gives the government the right to dissolve the States-General, after which general elections must be called within three months.

regards,

Hein

Until the coalition took power the exact timing of the General Election was up to the Government of the day to decide which is why when things were going swimmingly (under Tony Blair) they were held at 4 year intervals. The coalition set the date of the next election as May 2015 barring a vote of no confidence which they also made it more difficult to get. If David Cameron were to lose a vote of no confidence he would visit the Queen and ask her to dissolve parliament triggering a General Election. If the Lib Dems walked away from the coalition this is still a possibility but are unlikely to do so unless their polling status improved as they would probably be wiped out.

Why doesn't my return key work on these forums all of a sudden? I can't start a new paragraph. I have the shitty new Windows 8. What the fuck is going on!

Why doesn't my return key work on these forums all of a sudden? I can't start a new paragraph. I have the shitty new Windows 8. What the fuck is going on!

It works

OK

when

I

do it.

I suspect that the clue is in the question, or rather the statement.

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?

Right. I've turned it off and on again. Still no joy. The key works on all other sites that I've tried so far. And it works if I push that toggle button up there.

But then my letters come out funny

Oh. No they don't. That must have been it. Weird.

Right. I've turned it off and on again. Still no joy. The key works on all other sites that I've tried so far. And it works if I push that toggle button up there.

You pissed again Lardy? :)

No, but give it ten minutes and I might be, as I don't have to work tomorrow. In fact I didn't work today, and I don't have to go to work until Tuesday. Which is a good job, as I'm severely fucked off as I'm having to APPLY FOR MY OWN FUCKING JOB next week :(

OH for fucks sake how did that happen?

Pissed imo.............

No, but give it ten minutes and I might be, as I don't have to work tomorrow. In fact I didn't work today, and I don't have to go to work until Tuesday. Which is a good job, as I'm severely fucked off as I'm having to APPLY FOR MY OWN FUCKING JOB next week :(

You're not a Chief Constable are you?

• Like 1

You're not a Chief Constable are you?

Bah, foiled again!

Heard alot mixed reports about the redex, some people say does more harm than good others say it's brilliant. Any ideas? (Diesel)

Would it be ok to start a thread about dirty arsed Halibuts and thick as shit Wogs?

Know where im going with this one?

• Like 1

Heard alot mixed reports about the redex, some people say does more harm than good others say it's brilliant. Any ideas? (Diesel)

Preferred it to other brands for the car......

Best thing I ever came across was for petrol though. Used in a rib I had, don't know if they do a diesel version. Was called Seafoam and it liquidised the carbon and didn't just make flakes with it.

Can anyone make any sense out of this? George Orwell would be proud.

Deodorant bottles shrink to 75ml but remain the same price

New eco-friendly cans of deodorant go on sale today that contains the same amount of product, but which is half the size.