maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

We're recording more than forecasting in this thread of late. I wonder if anyone else has a strong opinion on a fringe candidate who may go this year. I've got infanticidal/suicidal Lianne Smith on my DDP team. Thought her well worth a punt at the time, still think she'll do for herself in 2011 and earn a Sun/Daily Mail write up at least.

article-1336194-09CB925C000005DC-438_634x425.jpg

Amanda Holden's unborn baby just got its third red X.

Brace yourself for the storm...

Edward De Nunzio, the son of former ASDA chief executive, Tony, has fallen to his death in the exclusive ski resort Courcheval, not as a result of some skiing-related derring-do, but rather as a result of drunkenly attempting to leap from the roof of one ski chalet to another.

Ulysses S. Grant the fifth has died aged 90 years.

The last surviving great grandson of the 18th President of the United States, Ulyesses S. Grant.

So, has Andrew Ryan done something stupid, or something suicidally stupid? Fair few fundamentalist types in jail, especially 'oop north.'

Mohammed Omar al-Mukhtar, son of the leader of the Libyan resistance movement and general hero Omar al-Mukhtar, is stil alive at 90 and has come out against Gadaffi...despite the fact he accompanied him to Rome in 2009.

When he pops his clogs he will probably get some mention in the press - like Lenin's niece last week.

Suicide risk is minimal IMHO but it adds a little colour to our discussion of the marginally famous to note that the elder half of Stavros Flatly has gone 'belly up' business wise.

I'm reading reliable reports of the death of Keith Jefferson champion moustache grower, celebrated DJ, mainstay of Pink Panther record shop, personal friend of Black Sabbath and liberally quoted in the definitive How Black was my Sabbath and...frankly...all round Carlisle legend.

Janet Richardson, the "sea drop lady" of recent news reports. Re endangering her life; you'll meet people who will tell you there are safer places to fight for survival than the Cumberland Infirmary.

Thought I might round up a job lot of probables and possibles all appearing in the copy of The Sun I was flicking through half an hour ago.

Brian Dodgeon: UCL academic currently suspended after his daughter hosted a party at which a 15 year old died on Ecstacy. Said drug and a few other goodies were Dodgeon's property and the charges of child-abandonment and drug possession that have doubtless done for his career must be weighing heavy. He jumped from a bridge on the North Circular and broke both legs this week. Deffo suicide risk, and - arguably - obit worthy for his career in academia.

Jon Venables (he goes shopping, he abucts and tortures toddlers) is now the subject of concerted outing online, pictures of his 28 year old self etc doing the rounds. Not good for his long term survival chances.

And...Anxiang Du who's business sense includes murdering his former partner in running a shop and his partner's family. Still missing, with a suicide note already found.

Rob Daley - tumour afflicted dad of diving sensation Tom - has been barred by medics from flying to the Commonwealth Games to watch his son.

Just an idea, like: do you see a movie about this touching story and maybe......Michael Douglas

Oh look, there's my coat.

Frankly, I don't fancy his chances of cheering on his closeted wurzel diving boy to 2012 Olympic gold, having seen this documentary.

Tom Daley's dad died this evening. :rip:

Rob Daley - tumour afflicted dad of diving sensation Tom - has been barred by medics from flying to the Commonwealth Games to watch his son.

Just an idea, like: do you see a movie about this touching story and maybe......Michael Douglas

Oh look, there's my coat.

Frankly, I don't fancy his chances of cheering on his closeted wurzel diving boy to 2012 Olympic gold, having seen this documentary.

Tom Daley's dad died this evening. :rip:

Fuck my budgie smugglers. Always go with your instincts, Taf.

I know it's not in the best taste, but we're not here to be good people we're here to spot "celebrities" carking it, so.... can anybody find a date of birth for 15-year-old dying social media sensation Alice Pyne so I know if she'll be eligible for 2011's DDP?

Alice Pyne won't see this autumn, so she won't make the start line for a new DDP. Really tragic all round this one, and a ranter-fire-magnet if anyone had chosen her.

I know it's not in the best taste, but we're not here to be good people we're here to spot "celebrities" carking it, so.... can anybody find a date of birth for 15-year-old dying social media sensation Alice Pyne so I know if she'll be eligible for 2011's DDP?

15 is too young for eligibility...

Alice Olivia Pyne was born in January 1996 in the county of Westmorland.

So she'd be 16 in January 2012. I thought the lower age limit for DDP was 18?

Alice Olivia Pyne was born in January 1996 in the county of Westmorland.

So she'd be 16 in January 2012. I thought the lower age limit for DDP was 18?

I thought it was 16, via Josie Grove's death being at that age. I could be wrong though. But yeah, obviously, tragic all round.

• Like 1