maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Billy Hardwick Professional Bowler and father of American Podcaster/Comedian/TV Host Chris Hardwick died Saturday at the age of 72 from a heart attack.
  • Like 1

But Len Goodman's old mum is still alive, right?

She wasn't a candidate for the DDP due to her age, but I am sure there are some DP's with less scruples who would've included Olivia Wise, who had her 15 minutes of fame on You Tube singing a Katy Perry song. Those with their ear to the ground who partake in said DP's cannot pick her now, because she's sadly but unsurprisingly died shortly afterwards - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513799/Olivia-Wise-version-Katy-Perrys-Roar-went-viral-dies-cancer.html

Latest update from Katherine Crowe

So this week has been one of accepting being very vulnerable AGAIN!! I have now come to accept the possibility that the cancer is now in my Sternum - the bone in between your boobs. The one that you basically move in every way from and the one that if it hurts like hell - you can't actually move from.

So off for a bone scan sometime soon to see if that is indeed the case. Seeing my Oncologist on Thursday so we shall see.

I have been feeling pretty down this week, pain makes me very grumpy and depressed and no doubt a little desperate really.

My hubby really should go back to work after Christmas but I just don't know how that is gonna work, cos I can't even get out of bed without help right now so what? do I just stay in bed all day until he gets home? mmmmmm not sure at all how that will work and getting a bit fed up trying to work out what the hell we are gonna do. It was bad enough losing my wage but the possibility of losing his as well is just impossible, and with all this to deal with I am just getting a bit tired and fed up with it all really. I keep trying to see the light and I know I'll find it again, but its dim right now and I can't see it for looking. I just have to trust that its out there somewhere.

My hubby has been amazing!! there are not many men that could do and put up with what he is and I am sure its tough for him to watch me go from someone very physical to someone that can't even move much with out help. He is a shining star and I am so proud of him for sticking with me through everything we are going through.

Anything you people can do to try and get Denzil out there please do it and NOW! I keep trying to do the best I can, but being this ill is stopping everything I can do in its tracks and trying to maintain some normal family life with all this going on is tough.

The purchasing of Denzil has done great nearly 1800 copies so far which is amazing! But its stopped and i don't have any new orders waiting and I'll be honest I am scared shitless. Scared that I'll be left with 2500 odd books in my garage, scared that I might end up costing my family money instead of helping us and scared that I have made a big mistake in biting off more than I can chew, cos without a publisher and distributer, I am doing all the work and in my state that is proving very difficult - actually near on impossible. I hope not!!! I still believe Denzil is a fab story and from all the feedback- everyone loves the book!!! So I just need to pull myself together and have some faith and hope to god that i can stay healthy enough to keep pushing and plugging and delivering and posting - for me its just not happening fast enough - I don't have the time to mess around and I am getting impatient - when your life is hanging by a thread I expect most people would feel the same.

So another pretty depressing blog - but there you go you have to take the rough with the smooth and that means putting up with the shitty depressed blogs as well as the oh so inspiring ones. I sure don't feel very inspiring at the moment. Just putting one step in front of the other is all I can focus on right now.

PAIN SUCKS!!!! but I am grateful for being here still. And beyond all the depressive madness I still want to keep on living please.

BUT…………….I could so use a night off!!! I would so love to go out get pissed as a fart, Dance and throw crazy shapes on some dance floor with ace friends, smoke hundreds of cigarettes and just enjoy being stupid and carefree!!!

Instead I will be home sitting propped up with a cushion, unable to move without help, not drinking or smoking or dancing or laughing or crying or sneezing, or hiccuping or any movement at all cos it Fecking hurts too much!!!!! BORED YESSSSSS!!!!

I need to stop writing now cos its just all depressing self indulgent stuff. Ill write again if and when the pain is less and I am in a mentally more stable place.

For now this is a just an honest account of a night in the life of me when I am feeling crap!!

Sorry about that I just needed to get that out!!

Enjoy your CHristmas parties peeps throw shapes, have fun, squeeze lots of people, have much fun and be light, enjoy every second - I remember those nights very fondly! wish I could join you!

Isn't she famous for only being ill though????

Isn't she famous for only being ill though????

Yes, who is she, please?

So this week has been one of accepting being very vulnerable AGAIN!! I have now come to accept the possibility that the cancer is now in my Sternum - the bone in between your boobs. The one that you basically move in every way from and the one that if it hurts like hell - you can't actually move from.

So off for a bone scan sometime soon to see if that is indeed the case. Seeing my Oncologist on Thursday so we shall see.

I have been feeling pretty down this week, pain makes me very grumpy and depressed and no doubt a little desperate really.

My hubby really should go back to work after Christmas but I just don't know how that is gonna work, cos I can't even get out of bed without help right now so what? do I just stay in bed all day until he gets home? mmmmmm not sure at all how that will work and getting a bit fed up trying to work out what the hell we are gonna do. It was bad enough losing my wage but the possibility of losing his as well is just impossible, and with all this to deal with I am just getting a bit tired and fed up with it all really. I keep trying to see the light and I know I'll find it again, but its dim right now and I can't see it for looking. I just have to trust that its out there somewhere.

My hubby has been amazing!! there are not many men that could do and put up with what he is and I am sure its tough for him to watch me go from someone very physical to someone that can't even move much with out help. He is a shining star and I am so proud of him for sticking with me through everything we are going through.

Anything you people can do to try and get Denzil out there please do it and NOW! I keep trying to do the best I can, but being this ill is stopping everything I can do in its tracks and trying to maintain some normal family life with all this going on is tough.

The purchasing of Denzil has done great nearly 1800 copies so far which is amazing! But its stopped and i don't have any new orders waiting and I'll be honest I am scared shitless. Scared that I'll be left with 2500 odd books in my garage, scared that I might end up costing my family money instead of helping us and scared that I have made a big mistake in biting off more than I can chew, cos without a publisher and distributer, I am doing all the work and in my state that is proving very difficult - actually near on impossible. I hope not!!! I still believe Denzil is a fab story and from all the feedback- everyone loves the book!!! So I just need to pull myself together and have some faith and hope to god that i can stay healthy enough to keep pushing and plugging and delivering and posting - for me its just not happening fast enough - I don't have the time to mess around and I am getting impatient - when your life is hanging by a thread I expect most people would feel the same.

So another pretty depressing blog - but there you go you have to take the rough with the smooth and that means putting up with the shitty depressed blogs as well as the oh so inspiring ones. I sure don't feel very inspiring at the moment. Just putting one step in front of the other is all I can focus on right now.

PAIN SUCKS!!!! but I am grateful for being here still. And beyond all the depressive madness I still want to keep on living please.

BUT…………….I could so use a night off!!! I would so love to go out get pissed as a fart, Dance and throw crazy shapes on some dance floor with ace friends, smoke hundreds of cigarettes and just enjoy being stupid and carefree!!!

Instead I will be home sitting propped up with a cushion, unable to move without help, not drinking or smoking or dancing or laughing or crying or sneezing, or hiccuping or any movement at all cos it Fecking hurts too much!!!!! BORED YESSSSSS!!!!

I need to stop writing now cos its just all depressing self indulgent stuff. Ill write again if and when the pain is less and I am in a mentally more stable place.

For now this is a just an honest account of a night in the life of me when I am feeling crap!!

Enjoy your CHristmas parties peeps throw shapes, have fun, squeeze lots of people, have much fun and be light, enjoy every second - I remember those nights very fondly! wish I could join you!

Katherine Crowe already has form as an accepted dead pool pick, though, right, so she's potential points as far as DDP and HPDP are concerned, isn't she?

http://uk.news.yahoo...-065115217.html

In the possibly most obscure person who would have qualified for DDP points news, wikipedialess local San Diego News Weatherman Loren Nancarrow died last weekend age 60 after a brain cancer diagnosis earlier in 2013.

Katherine Crowe already has form as an accepted dead pool pick, though, right, so she's potential points as far as DDP and HPDP are concerned, isn't she?

She's been a performer for about 25 years, she came to national attention after she was diagnosed with breast cancer and launched a bid to be the Christmas #1 for 2012.

Ex-pope Benny has gone to visit his 89-year-old bro, also a man of the cloth, who is in an Italian hospital.

Katherine Crowe's husband has quit his job so he can stay home to care for her.

So why am I a very proud wife - because my hubby is about to hand in his notice at work so he can care for me. Now I know that may seem like a retarded thing to do at such a time as we only have his wage coming in but to me it is the ONLY thing I have been hoping he would do for a while.

I can not now manage on my own and although some days are real good and it is possible that I could, it can change like the wind and I'll be honest I DONT WANT TO BE ALONE!!!

If we are in the final throws of life then I want to spend it with the man I LOVE, not some stranger popping in to care for me. Maybe I am to proud or to stupid but there are some things that you can only share together and Id really rather not share with a compete stranger how ever well trained they are. My hubby is what I need right now and at last he has made the decision to stay at home and care for me.

So we don't have an income - scary shit!! but when your dying it really is not that scary anymore. I will do everything in my power to make Denzil a success. I have many ideas and am about to start rolling those out very soon. I just hope I can stay well enough to do all I need to do. I HAVE to make a success of something cos now we really don't have a choice!!

But I have my man with me and what ever we come up against I know we will manage somehow and I also know its a decision we will never regret, where as staying at work and not being with me he would have regretted I know it.

So there we have it - we are together, wading through the bad stuff and the good stuff together, making memories and hanging on in there - TOGETHER!! This makes me happy!

I think my hubby is very brave taking on such a huge responsibility and with such a financial burden we are both really a little concerned as to how this will all work out but what choice do we have. He could leave me home alone and I would not be cared for by anyone? No that does not work - My mind would not cope with that! and like I said before I just don't want to be looked after by anyone else.

So if you can help in any way PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spread the word about Denzil - I can do no more than I have done in terns of getting products out there. I have tons of music on iTunes I have a wonderful book so please if you want to help tell your friends and businesses and schools just everyone about denzil which they can no purchase again from Amazon UK.

I will be sending Denzil out into the world soon and I know this will cause a stir, we have some ace ideas - so watch this space but please tell everyone Denzil is a coming!! This is now our only means of supporting ourselves.

What ever happens I know my man is ACE!! he has proved to me over and over that I picked the right husband and that our wedding vows were true and honest and real and that I did indeed find my true love, my soul mate - someone that when the going got tough, the tough did not get going and stayed - however traumatic and hard, to cherish and look after his wife. I picked a good one and I am very very glad I did. 22 years so far and lets hope we get more together!!! At least what ever happens we do indeed get to spend it TOGETHER!!

So close, yet so far. His age would have ruled him out of any DDP, he would have been 18 on Oktober 23, but the world has become a bit bleaker now he's gone. What a character!

Teenager Sam Berns who suffered from Progeria died of old age this weekend. You might not know him but you certainly have seen his face somewhere.

140111223604-sam-berns-story-top.jpg

article-2537843-1A96665C00000578-777_634x453.jpg

Daily Mail.

Rest in peace.

• Like 1

Magician/dude with opinions4u about cancer, the man many are calling "the people's Felix Glenny" when it comes to the 2014 DDP, Steve Evans is "drifting slowly off to sleep" as "all things come to an end", according to family members who are now using his Twitter account.

In an ideal world, it'd be this Steve Evans with painful and life-ending cancer, but there you go:

SteveEvans_1239380a.jpg

Uh-oh, really dodgy territory (so obviously I'll name names). Huff Post and The Sun are amongst those getting in a right state about the misfortunes of Marilyn Massie. Beaten up and robbed but she's been named and photographed in the tabloids (probs in the hope of someone grassing the criminal responsible). All of which brings her into our orbit because she's a 63 year old great-gran who is terminally ill, and there's a marginal chance the follow up to the current story might involve reporting her death when it happens. Personally, I'm dubious - given the way Rachel Jones and her ilk are discussed when alive and make local headlines only on death - but I thought I'd, like, mention it.

Died December 27th, got a UK media obit a mere 18 days later. Well avoided by all DDP players.

Steve Evans' "final interview" here. Pretty powerful stuff, tbh.

He has just died. Radio 5 live mention.

Mourn ya til' I join ya', Steve. Think this makes me the provisional leader right now?

• Like 1