maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

N’awlins Saints QB Drew Brees’ Grandpappy dies.... looks like with Drew’s new refocus and purpose this playoff season my Saints are heading to the Super Bowl.  ⚜️⚜️⚜️

SC

Rihanna's cousin died on Tuesday after being shot in Barbados.

The 29-year-old singer posted photos of herself with her 21-year-old cousin Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne on Instagram as she called for an end to gun violence.

SC

Are we accepting for the deathlist in 2018 those famous for just being ill? 

2 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Are we accepting for the deathlist in 2018 those famous for just being ill? 

It's up to the Committee, but the likely answer is no:

There are a few rules to DeathList summarised as follows: Candidates must be famous enough such that their death is expected to be reported by the UK media; Candidates cannot be famous solely for the fact they are likely to die in the near future and only 25 candidates can reappear from the previous year’s list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

It's up to the Committee, but the likely answer is no:

Had a feeling I'd heard that before wondered if it was rule or suggestion. Think i'll revise one of my pics.

BREAKING NEWS: Carmen Franco has received the extreme unction.

So she is dying. I think that she has 80% chances of not seeing 2018.

http://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci-preocupacion-estado-salud-carmen-franco-201712281436_noticia.html

"The state of health of María del Carmen Franco and Polo, better known as Carmen Franco, has worsened significantly in the last hours. The only daughter of Francisco Franco and Carmen Polo was diagnosed with terminal cancer last September. Since then, weakened, she retired to her home and was removed from the family estate by her children".

In which case, the Hare's Pool entrants who picked her to die in December 2018 might be well and truly....well, you know...

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

In which case, the Hare's Pool entrants who picked her to die in December 2018 might be well and truly....well, you know...

Think about the poor sod for whom she was the last person cut from the Deathrace team before it was sent a few hours ago. I even referenced this very trope to MPFC saying I bet it was going to happen. :D

• Like 1

Ah, there’s the Mário Soares of 2018...

Erica Garner and Carmen Franco are gonna be nailbiters to the very end. This should be very interesting and nervewracking especially for those that picked them.

• Like 1

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Erica Garner and Carmen Franco are gonna be nailbiters to the very end. This should be very interesting and nervewracking especially for those that picked them.

These two cases are why won't send my Ddp team yet.

I also worry about Vervoot making 2018.

Don't think either of them will make the start line with this set of updates... I think with the braindead news, we'll hear news that Garner is dead dead today or tomorrow. Franco miiiight sneak in the new year by a day or two but seems doubtful.

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Don't think either of them will make the start line with this set of updates...

Garner is the annual Christmas massive HA - see Fisher, Srnicek. Fisher lasted 4 day so expect Garner's death tonight or early tomorrow.

My gut feeling is that one of them is a goner before the new year while the other person will barely survive into the new year. Though my mind agrees with Death Impends that both of them will probably not make the starting line...

1 minute ago, msc said:

Garner is the annual Christmas massive HA - see Fisher, Srnicek. Fisher lasted 4 day so expect Garner's death tonight or early tomorrow.

Was thinking of those cases as well. Srnicek lasted 9 days but he was an athlete. Garner's closer to Fisher than Srnicek in terms of physical fitness despite being much younger.

I think all 3 of them will be gone before 2018, tbh.

32 minutes ago, Sean said:

These two cases are why won't send my Ddp team yet.

I also worry about Vervoot making 2018.

Yessir another Howard Davis Jr debacle in the making.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Yessir another Howard Davis Jr debacle in the making.  

Pretty much..Garner's only hope of seeing 2018 is if the family try and pull off a Terri Shaivo or Charlie Gard and challenge the Doctors.Franco is less clear cut.After all deathbed scenarios can take a while such as King Michael of Romania Sara Coward Erroll Christie etc.Vervoot must be close to the end now.Maybe she will want to see in the new year with champagne before she goes.

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Praying for Carmen Franco to live  into 2018 for purely altruistic, benign and selfless reasons on my part  of course. 

You don't want me to have to add in a whole bunch of Crowdsourced subs, right?

:D

• Haha 1

Shaun King posted on Twitter that Erica has limited brain function and is critical but isn't brain dead.Not that he is renowned for telling the truth:p

3 minutes ago, msc said:

You don't want me to have to add in a whole bunch of Crowdsourced subs, right?

Of course that was my top concern! ;):D

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Of course that was my top concern! ;):D

Mind you, without spoiling things too much, if Leah Bracknell goes on Hogmanay, I might have a full on panic attack. :P

• Haha 1