maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Paul Young's missus Stacey, brain cancer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5317019/Paul-Youngs-wife-dies-two-year-battle-cancer.html

Everything Must Change....

Note for @Handrejka ...another one from Series 3 of Pointless Celebrities. That has taken quite a tanking after Wogan, Chegwin, Nolan, Harris, etc....

• Thanks 1

Wherever he laid his hat indeed..

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah I suspected this as Gates recently talked about the need for more dementia research.I got the feeling he was talking from experience.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Ah I suspected this as Gates recently talked about the need for more dementia research.I got the feeling he was talking from experience.

Brain does not compute....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

The sister of CNN anchor Don Lemon tripped and drowned in a neighborhood pond while fishing:

http://www.newsweek.com/cnn-host-don-lemons-sister-dies-tragic-accidental-pond-drowning-797966

When life gives you lemons...and water....make lemonade!

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Someone "very close" to Queen Letizia of Spain was diagnosed with cancer.... who could it be?

http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/spain/queen-letizia-a-person-that-i-love-very-much-was-diagnosed-with-cancer-95617

Possibly her famous mother or father in law although I don't think she has a close relationship with the latter? 

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Possibly her famous mother or father in law although I don't think she has a close relationship with the latter? 

My first thought was her own parents. Her mother often accompanies her, I don't know about the father. Her parents are divorced.

• Like 1

Well, in the article she refers to a female friend.

"She went on to discuss how she sometimes struggles to know if she should call her friend and if they should go to the movies before the next round of chemotherapy, 'Sometimes I say, ‘Do I call her or do not call her?’ Would it be better to go to the movies before the new cycle of chemotherapy or would it be better to leave it alone?' "

Devastating news for Seattle Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark.  Clark lost four members of his family, including his father, in a house fire in Cleveland last week.

Cleveland.com reported on the fire on Tuesday, but did not call it arson. Two of the four people who died were children, ages 3 and 8. It was reportedly the deadliest fire in the city since 2009.

SC

Jordin Sparks' step-sister Bryanna Jackson-Frias, 16, died Tuesday, Jan. 30 of complications from her lifelong battle with sickle cell anemia, which causes red blood cells to stick to vessel walls, blocking blood flow and preventing oxygen from reaching tissues.
SC

Is there an award for ‘fringiest of fringes’, cuz this should win for 2018.

First, I’m not sure that DJ Khaled counts as famous, but that’s our starting point.

Second, we are talking about his fiancé, so not even official family yet.

Third, it’s not his fiancé, but rather her younger brother who was shot dead at an apartment in the Bronx on Sunday night (February 4).

Jonathan Tuck — the 25-year-old younger brother of Khaled’s fiancée, Nicole Tuck — was reportedly trying to purchase marijuana when he was shot in the face at around 9:15 p.m. local time.

SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

First, I’m not sure that DJ Khaled counts as famous, but that’s our starting point.

Are you kidding? DJ Khaled has hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and been in the top 10 three times. He's one of the biggest names in music for this decade. He has collaborated with other big names like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Drake as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Are you kidding? DJ Khaled has hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and been in the top 10 three times. He's one of the biggest names in music for this decade. He has collaborated with other big names like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Drake as well.

Who?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Who?

Peter Falk clearly...

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Who?

If the song starts with a repetition of the words DJ Khaled then it is a DJ Khaled song......

Lesson: When driving the lane always expect a no-look.

The son of former NBA player and head coach Rick Adelman, R.J. Adelman, died last Friday in Houston after he was hit by a minivan while crossing the street.

R.J. Adelman, 44, was crossing the street around midday and was not using the crosswalk, according to a police report. The driver was an 80-year-old woman driving a Chrysler Town & Country in downtown Houston.

SC

Believe it or not, my DDP pick Philomena Lynott is still out and about despite having refused lung cancer treatment nearly 6 months ago. A couple days ago she unveiled a waxwork of herself and Phil.

She also made several January public appearances (such as this speech), which I assumed meant that she ended up choosing treatment. However, the waxwork article states that she is still refusing treatment for now, but is considering cannabis oil as an alternative to chemo.