Death in Vegas

Time Added

Yeah Mr American with for example Yogi Berra, Babe Ruth and Dick Trickle amongst your actual famous sports stars we never heard of, Neville Neville is sensible.

Actually lets be fair though, he wasn't actually a sports star here either and no it really isn't sensible, some parents simply should not be allowed to name their own children. Also you can pull me on naming 3 sports stars "we never heard of" that clearly I at least, have.

Dick Trickle that's a brilliant name :-) :-)

Sounds more like a medical condition

• Like 1

Yeah Mr American with for example Yogi Berra, Babe Ruth and Dick Trickle amongst your actual famous sports stars we never heard of, Neville Neville is sensible.

Actually lets be fair though, he wasn't actually a sports star here either and no it really isn't sensible, some parents simply should not be allowed to name their own children. Also you can pull me on naming 3 sports stars "we never heard of" that clearly I at least, have.

"Mr American"

"Your"

Inferiority complex much? I didn't bring that shit up so you must carry that baggage around with you. I'm well aware this is a "British site" in general mate. You need to let it go.

SC

Eh?

It's posted because the names are amusing, you did bring it up by pointing out in caps that you didn't know somebody with a funny name, and the Mr American simply carries on from the previous poster, you can call me Mr Englishman and trust me, it isn't going to offend me.

/charlie brown

Good Grief!

/cb

• Like 1

Dear American,

Neville Neville was the father of the former England international (association) footballers Gary and Phil Neville. Due to his repetitive nomenclature, as well as serving as the players' agent during Manchester United's very successful spell at the end of the 90s, he achieved a degree of fame and often had his named chanted in the ground. He was also a former professional cricketer, the father of the former captain of the England netball team and was at one point charged with noncing, although he was found not guilty.

"Former professional cricketer" ?

Lol, aye right.

A Bolton League player, both his sons played in it as well, and they weren't pros.

Dear American,

Neville Neville was the father of the former England international (association) footballers Gary and Phil Neville. Due to his repetitive nomenclature, as well as serving as the players' agent during Manchester United's very successful spell at the end of the 90s, he achieved a degree of fame and often had his named chanted in the ground. He was also a former professional cricketer, the father of the former captain of the England netball team and was at one point charged with noncing, although he was found not guilty.

"Former professional cricketer" ?

Lol, aye right.

A Bolton League player, both his sons played in it as well, and they weren't pros.

I feel sure that his death would not have made it on to the BBC News front page if he hadn't had such a silly name.

• Like 1

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/jimmygreaves

Jimmy Greaves reduced to begging on JustGiving to get the £30k he needs for physiotherapy. Presumably that means his health condition is so bad he can't just knock out a new "Saint and Greavesie" DVD.

1/7th of John Terry's wages for just one week would probably be enough to help that ex-Chelsea legend...

Jimmy Greaves reduced to begging on JustGiving to get the £30k he needs for physiotherapy. Presumably that means his health condition is so bad he can't just knock out a new "Saint and Greavesie" DVD.

1/7th of John Terry's wages for just one week would probably be enough to help that ex-Chelsea legend...

Too right.

Concerning...

Nice to think that over 200 people have given Jimmy the odd £10. But beyond these few pledges only another £4000 has come in from a hundred footballing multi millionaires.

Too right.

Concerning...

Nice to think that over 200 people have given Jimmy the odd £10. But beyond these few pledges only another £4000 has come in from a hundred footballing multi millionaires.

Geoff Hurst has donated $500

Couple of anonymous donations, one of which at a honourable $1,000

Danish striker Harald Nielsen, Serie A top scorer in 1964 and 1965, dead at 73. He was also briefly the world's most expensive footballer, moving between Bologna and Inter Milan for £300k in 1967.

Former president of the German Football Association (DFB) and president of the VfB Stuttgart, Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder is dead at 82:

http://archyes.com/ex-dfb-president-gerhard-mayer-vorfelder-is-dead/

He was also a regional politician of the conservative party whose national ambitions were probably canalised into football once he couldn't rise in that field any more.

Former Aberdeen, Fulham and Scotland striker Graham Leggat dies in Canada at 81.

SC

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34104927

Fifa world cup players thread for this SC, played in '58 for us. That years have been dropping like flies.

Former Aberdeen, Fulham and Scotland striker Graham Leggat dies in Canada at 81.

SChttp://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34104927

Fifa world cup players thread for this SC, played in '58 for us. That years have been dropping like flies.

Yes I saw that afterward :-( feel free to move to a more appropriate thread Admins

SC

Deleted

Bulgarian football star Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with Leukemia, according to Aston Villa via ESPN:

A club statement read: “The Villa board received news today that our long-standing captain Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

SC​

That club stement is several years old. Last time we were any good.

Sorry -- the Internet got me :(
Only date I saw was yesterday's. Oh well...

SC​

Charles Gyamfi, three-time African Cup of Nations-winning manager with Ghana and, I think, the first black player in German football, dead at 85.

Depends on how you define player I think.

He was in Germany as an amateur / semi-pro. So there may have been others in that status.

They only went Professional @ 62/3/4 , and the first pro black player was Baylon, from South America.

^^ How do you know these things.... I wouldn't be able to tell anything like that about the Premier League.

In other news, Scottish football legend Ralph Milne now critical after liver failure:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/hospitalised-dundee-united-legend-ralph-milne-critical-1-3877833

^^ How do you know these things.... I wouldn't be able to tell anything like that about the Premier League.

In other news, Scottish football legend Ralph Milne now critical after liver failure:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/hospitalised-dundee-united-legend-ralph-milne-critical-1-3877833

:lol: by premier league I presume you mean the English one, in which I couldn't give a toss, apart from stats for betting purposes, but some things stick. Eg, peter Czeck has lost more home games under Wenger than Mourinhio.

Read up a fair bit on German football after seeing the Heroes of Berne film decades ago. Bundesliga formed early 60's and that was the return of Professionalism.

Really sad re Milne, outstanding player, only 54 ffs, demons of being Scottish have hit him hard. He 'may' be in the photos I posted in the extra curricular thread on footie, re the match fixed semi v Roma. Damon, eh, Buford??? is the man to ask though, he's the utd fan on the forum.

• Like 1