Death in Vegas

Time Added

Greaves' pure goal-scoring record has to put him up there though, along with the fact that he succeeded at four different environments (his much maligned spell in Italy still saw him score 9 goals in 12 games for an AC Milan side that weren't exactly pulling up any trees). The fact that he got overshadowed (well, eclipsed entirely) by Geoff Hurst in 66 is presumably what really keeps him out of the discussion.

124 goals in 157 games for Chelsea is damn good going too

• Like 1

I'm well invested in Jimmy Greaves, so I'm watching this sad news that he has had a major stroke with an element of what passes for significant trepidation or realism. What a life, but when someone pushes the envelope so far, it's amazing that one can even reach the age of 75.

Hats off and doffed.

Chuck Blazer, formerly a senior figure in FIFA, who ended up as an FBI informer, isn't doing too well these days:

The man who strikes fear in the hearts of Sepp Blatter and other FIFA executives lies seriously ill in a New York area hospital, breathing with the aid of a respirator, his body ravaged by cancer and the resulting treatment

[an aside: coaches/managers should have their own thread imo]

Please, no. prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif

[an aside: coaches/managers should have their own thread imo]

Please, no. prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lol I hear ya. I meant for all sports of course combined. Actually I see post #1 of this thread the intent was this would be for coaches but it morphed into players more than anything.

SC

Chuck Blazer, formerly a senior figure in FIFA, who ended up as an FBI informer, isn't doing too well these days:

The man who strikes fear in the hearts of Sepp Blatter and other FIFA executives lies seriously ill in a New York area hospital, breathing with the aid of a respirator, his body ravaged by cancer and the resulting treatment

I think today's news will provide more than enough chance to assess Chucky's current health state. Still facing 15 years inside, despite snitching.

Former Everton player, Swindon manager, Andy King, dies from heart attack, aged 58.

Former Everton midfielder Andy King dead from a heart attack at I've just seen "1 new reply" added someone's beaten me to this huh?

• Like 1

Former Everton player, Swindon manager, Andy King, dies from heart attack, aged 58.

Former Everton midfielder Andy King dead from a heart attack at I've just seen "1 new reply" added someone's beaten me to this huh?

Sad news, I remember him, grand player. Me and my brothers back in the 1970s each picked an English team to follow, one from each division. One of mine was Everton (the others being Man U, Ipswich and Watford) and we used to watch results and highlights back in the day. RIP Andy, yet another King lost this year.

it was 'time added'!

• Like 3

I think today's news will provide more than enough chance to assess Chucky's current health state. Still facing 15 years inside, despite snitching.

Chuck knows what's going on.

But he had little to say about any of this on Wednesday. Mr. Blazer mouthed the words “I can’t talk” in his room. Asked if he had colon cancer, as reported, he mouthed, “That’s gone,” and pointed to his midsection, referring to another, unspecified surgery. Asked about his prognosis, he made a gesture that suggested hopefulness.