Death in Vegas

Time Added

20 hours ago, msc said:

So, anyone in the know got more info on Paul Merson? Hearing from pals he's been off the wagon badly for a while, and is only 10 months younger than Gazza.

Rarely mentioned on here, too.

Read this on my phone and did not realise which thread I was in and thought you were talking about Just A Minute regular Paul Merton. Makes sense now.

• Like 1

Regarding the Leicester helicopter crash it seems there was a  tail rotor failure.

Something comes flying off at 46 seconds and down she goes.  :(

• Sad 2

On 01/11/2018 at 20:42, Cat O'Falk said:

Regarding the Leicester helicopter crash it seems there was a  tail rotor failure.

Something comes flying off at 46 seconds and down she goes.  :(

I think that is an insect in the foreground as there are others flying about and the torque only kicks in 5sec later, at zero airspeed it would be instantanious. Def tail rotor and at the worst time, with no forward speed the tail surfaces would have no effect at all. They had no chance.

Still goal-less in Cardiff. I read a tweet that said Leicester's fans started the game with stuttering applause, then a sudden silence, followed by 2 minutes of screaming - a fitting tribute, surely

Oh aye, and...

Tributes have poured in for the owner of Leicester after his helicopter crashed outside the stadium. Man city tweeted their thoughts were with the club. Man Utd offered their condolences. Chelsea fans have set up their own book of condolences and a Liverpool spokesman remarked "its bad but it's not Hillsborough is it"

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

I think that is an insect in the foreground as there are others flying about and the torque only kicks in 5sec later, at zero airspeed it would be instantanious. Def tail rotor and at the worst time, with no forward speed the tail surfaces would have no effect at all. They had no chance.

It could be an insect but as you say it was a loss of tail rotor. He should have throttled back to disengage the transmission from the engine to rotor and do an autorotation landing. Easy to say but when shit happens all of a sudden at low altitude, almost impossible to do.

4 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

It could be an insect but as you say it was a loss of tail rotor. He should have throttled back to disengage the transmission from the engine to rotor and do an autorotation landing. Easy to say but when shit happens all of a sudden at low altitude, almost impossible to do.

Yes, slam the throttle shut, lower collective and aim for the pitch, but at that high power setting and zero airspeed you would have a fraction of a second or you would already be spinning out of control. Like I said the worst moment for it to fail.

Nelson Chabay at 78.

Played all 3 games of The Intercontinental Cup for Racing v Celtic, culminating in the Battle of Montevideo 3rd game.

Cunto almost halved wee jinky early on.

Was in the squad for Fifa66 but as far as I can make out, was unused.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2188153-fallecio-nelson-chabay-dejo-su-sello-dos

20 hours ago, charon said:

Cunto almost halved wee jinky early on.

Moderators....please.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Wee "Jinky" Johnstone, aka Jimmy Johnstone, one of the finest footballers Britain ever produced. Died in 2006 from motor neurone disease.

Weird story, actually. Living out in Maryhill, wake up one morning convinced that the radio was on and I'd just heard them announce Jinky's death. Only to find out that the bloody thing was switched off, not even plugged in, and I'd dreamed it. So I turn on the radio as I didn't have a TV, and am getting ready to head out the door to uni when the radio presenter goes "And some sad breaking news, we've just heard that Celtic great Jimmy Johnstone has died after a long illness..."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Leicester City squad in Thailand at the moment

D'ya think they'll, like...score!

• Haha 1

Sir Bobby Charlton looking awful at the Manchester Derby shaking like a leaf( possible Parkinson’s) and looking frail when  laying a wreath with Mike Summerabee

Robert Rowan, technical director of Brentford often linked with future director of football roles at bigger clubs, dead at just 28. The first of football's laptop men to die?

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Robert Rowan, technical director of Brentford often linked with future director of football roles at bigger clubs, dead at just 28. The first of football's laptop men to die?

Don't want to split hairs too much here but...can we be precise about what a laptop man is?

Surely some of the recently outed soccer paedos were into using portable computers from a very early stage and might also be described as laptop men!

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Don't want to split hairs too much here but...can we be precise about what a laptop man is?

Surely some of the recently outed soccer paedos were into using portable computers from a very early stage and might also be described as laptop men!

Folk who try to improve team performances by use of stats heavy lists to target the best results.

Think they were inspired by Rotten Ali.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Stewart, former Leeds, Swansea & Ayr goalie, one cap for Scotland, dead at 71.

Was in goal for Leeds European Cup Final defeat to Bayern Munich in 75.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, msc said:

Folk who try to improve team performances by use of stats heavy lists to target the best results.

On the one occasion I met Ali at a DLCon I was in awe of the dossier (and the truck in which it was delivered) - it all gets a bit hazy after that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Charles Hughes was using stats to advocate the long ball game before laptops were even thought about.

1 hour ago, time said:

Dave Stewart, former Leeds, Swansea & Ayr goalie, one cap for Scotland, dead at 71.

Was in goal for Leeds European Cup Final defeat to Bayern Munich in 75.

I remember his cap. In the build up to 78 WC.

On 31/10/2018 at 16:06, Bibliogryphon said:

Read this on my phone and did not realise which thread I was in and thought you were talking about Just A Minute regular Paul Merton. Makes sense now.

Merson can often still be seen propping up the bar at the Fox & Hounds in Shenstone, as he did when he came to Villa in the late 90s.

• Like 1