hellkat

Hospitalised!

On 14/12/2023 at 18:37, arghton said:

12) Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega (1936) Blood clot in his brain apparently due to that very serious fall last month, to undergo brain surgery. Discharged of course.

Carlos Alberto de Nóbrega hospitalised again with another intracranial hemorrhage but to be discharged this week.

There's some rumors online that "Mexico's Epstein" Jean Succar Kuri is in hospital with a heart ailment. True or not he's said to suffer from prostate cancer, kidney failure and heart problems and some of the images circulating remind me of Robert Durst in his last year.

6 hours ago, drol said:

Ridicolous that there is no word on Battersby at this point.

Well, yeah but...

Provisional Deathrace points still stand mainly because Wiki briefly had him dead on 10 Jan which corresponds with the social media sympathies, since when there's been nothing suggesting he's still alive. Just Googled his name plus death and Google threw up 10 Jan

Then again, if he's alive you climb the Deathrace leader board once I've taken the points off a couple of others.

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, yeah but...

Provisional Deathrace points still stand mainly because Wiki briefly had him dead on 10 Jan which corresponds with the social media sympathies, since when there's been nothing suggesting he's still alive. Just Googled his name plus death and Google threw up 10 Jan

Then again, if he's alive you climb the Deathrace leader board once I've taken the points off a couple of others.

None of those is a real source. Google takes the date from wiki and wiki based on unsourced edits.

That said, I believe he's dead.

1 hour ago, drol said:

None of those is a real source. Google takes the date from wiki and wiki based on unsourced edits.

That said, I believe he's dead.

Aye totally agree but Google's trawling would have been impacted by someone posting clear evidence he's alive and/or died some date other than 10 Jan. So, I'm with you. 

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Chuck Grassley hospitalised and receiving treatment for an infection.

I hate to be stating the obvious but that's not very good... Wonder if him filing re-election paperwork is just a formality.

16 minutes ago, Comped said:

I hate to be stating the obvious but that's not very good... Wonder if him filing re-election paperwork is just a formality.

It is usually just for campaign finance purposes. I recall in 2019/2020, Dianne Feinstein filed for re-election in 2024 even though she never intended to run — her staff was even forced to clarify that filing ≠ an official announcement.

Sounds quite serious even if it’s not cancer with the length of hospital recovery time. Would have thought it was planned for a while (Rather than being decided say last week which is still classed as planned.) they wouldn’t have booked engagements for them rather than having to postpone/cancel things. 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://x.com/chrisshipitv/status/1747621647752839600?s=61Catherine, Princess of Wales, underwent abdominal surgery yesterday and will be in hospital for 10 to 14 days. 

Sounds quite serious even if it’s not cancer with the length of hospital recovery time. 

BBC claims it was planned surgery, but she has clearly apologised for missing engagements. 

• Like 1

Definitely major surgery.

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

BBC claims it was planned surgery, but she has clearly apologised for missing engagements. 

The statement says it was planned but in the medical world planned surgery is anything that is not being done with only hours notice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

That's a hell of a long time. What ever it is it's obviously very serious 

It’s longer than the general hospital stay - even for a private patient - for a hysterectomy. Camila was in for three days when she had one. 

Possibly an ectopic pregnancy? 

4 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Possibly an ectopic pregnancy? 

Maybe but wouldn’t be seen as planned. Normally that is an emergency. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Maybe but wouldn’t be seen as planned. Normally that is an emergency. 

Yep. That happend with Sophie and they announced it as such. Could be that they're not comfortable with announcing it just yet but would that necessiate such a long stay in Hospital ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yep. That happend with Sophie and they announced it as such. Could be that they're not comfortable with announcing it just yet but would that necessiate such a long stay in Hospital ?

They could say something like her doctors recommend surgery at short notice for a private condition. 

How long are you normally in hospital for an ectopic pregnancy?

Sounds to me like a hysterectomy or something, you dont stay in for 2 weeks for appendix or gallstones etc, hopefully she will be fine

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

How long are you normally in hospital for an ectopic pregnancy.

A few days, with a recovery time of 4 to 6 weeks. But for a variety of reasons it may be easier to just keep her in for two weeks followed by a further month recuperation at home. Then again it could be something entirely different. In any event let’s hope she’s doing ok.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

How long are you normally in hospital for an ectopic pregnancy.

Can vary but not normally as long as this unless a rupture happened. 

• Like 1

Brazilian butt lift?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2