hellkat

Hospitalised!

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Mirror gave it a breaking news tweet but it’s quite far down on the Sun front page. Sky News have tweet it on their news account but not the breaking news one.

Weird… I thought he would get breaking news… 2 Cesars and 37yo seems the kind of death which would be huge even outside France 

7 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

He's made it to the front page of the BBC News website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60054237

The headline does however say 'Moon Knight actor', which was a mental shrug for me, but I was shocked to see who that actually was when I clicked on it. I recognise him mainly from the Chanel adverts. He was gorgeous.

He really was beautiful yes… most people knew him from Bleu de Chanel ad which were quite influencial 2 or 3 years ago ! 
I recommend you watch Saint Laurent or a very long engagement which are really good movies 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He really was beautiful yes… most people knew him from Bleu de Chanel ad which were quite influencial 2 or 3 years ago ! 
I recommend you watch Saint Laurent or a very long engagement which are really good movies 

I see that Louis Garrel was also in the Saint Laurent film as a previous lover, which definitely increases my interest!

He will always be beautiful now.

I was looking up the cast of Moon Knight after the trailer dropped a few days ago. Pretty shocking. 

Brief summary of out hospitalised invincible Asian geezers:

1)Lata Mangeshkar (1929): "stable and improving"

2)Parkash Singh Badal (1927): "out of danger and improving"

3)VS Achuthanandan (1923): "improving"

4)H G Deve Gowda (1933): "asymptomatic"

5)Mahathir Mohamad (1925): "stable and responding to treatment"

You know why people die? Because they don't go to Indian (and Malaysian) hospitals, otherwise they would be all "improving".

• Like 2

Update on who's hospitalised at the moment, since most of the last list were discharged:

1)Lata Mangeshkar (1929): off life support and improving. DEAD.

2)Mahathir Mohamad (1925): out of CCU and improving. Discharged.

3)Mangosuthu Buthelezi (1928): recovering fast. Discharged.

4)Sandhya Mukherjee (1931): suffering from multiple organ failure, lung infection and a broken femur, but stable and out of danger. DEAD

5)Giuliano Ferrara (1952): in ICU, but improving. Discharged.

6)Edward Lowassa (1953): hospitalised with surgical complications, but out of danger.

7)Vittorio Cecchi Gori (1942): acute respiratory failure, but out of danger. Discharged.

8)Antonio Resines (1954): out of ICU after months. Discharged.

9)Jorge Spedaletti (1947): in a critical condition.

Forgetting someone?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Forgetting someone?

I'd add Antonio Resines. Somehow improving and out of ICU after being there for a month with bilateral covid pneumonia and respiratory failure and also has a plethora of other health issues.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, drol said:

Update on who's hospitalised at the moment, since most of the last list were discharged:

1)Lata Mangeshkar (1929): off life support and improving.

2)Mahathir Mohamad (1925): out of CCU and improving.

3)Mangosuthu Buthelezi (1928): recovering fast.

4)Sandhya Mukherjee (1931): suffering from multiple organ failure, lung infection and a broken femur, but stable and out of danger.

5)Giuliano Ferrara (1952): in ICU, but improving.

6)Edward Lowassa (1953): hospitalised with surgical complications, but out of danger.

7)Vittorio Cecchi Gori (1942): acute respiratory failure, but out of danger.

8)Antonio Resines (1954): out of ICU after months.

9)Jorge Spedaletti (1947): in a critical condition.

Forgetting someone?

You are forgetting all those who are in hospital and are actually IN danger! I know you probably don't want to throw out names with the Cup deadline tomorrow. so maybe just PM me the list of those who are in a really bad way, and deteriorating rapidly ;)

9 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

You are forgetting all those who are in hospital and are actually IN danger! I know you probably don't want to throw out names with the Cup deadline tomorrow. so maybe just PM me the list of those who are in a really bad way, and deteriorating rapidly ;)

Cough cough... don't trust Indians...cough

• Like 1

The Golpaygani bastard hospitalised, but "in perfect health".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drol said:

The Golpaygani bastard hospitalised, but "in perfect health".

Golpaygani dead? 

• Like 3

For the sake of @Ulitzer95 sanity, Golpaygani is a DDP pick. Won't obit quickly, if at all, and indeed if dead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

For the sake of @Ulitzer95 sanity, Golpaygani is a DDP pick. Won't obit quickly, if at all, and indeed if dead.

It’s on one of WEP’s teams, of course they aren’t going to obit…

• Haha 1

Obit in Persian.

Died from cardiac arrest, aged 102.

Edit: Ninja'd by YW.

• Like 2

I think there's a (very remote) chance Golpaygani could get a QO.

He called for a fatwa against Shahin Najafi, who is a popular rapper not just in Iran but internationally. He now lives in exile in Germany and tours the States occasionally.

Unlikely though, as today hasn't been a slow news day, plus the obit writers have had a big backlog recently.

So while I was gone for about 90 minutes we had about 5 notable deaths, who either didn't obit or weren't picked..

Wrong thread

2 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

New Mexico senator Ben Ray Lujan hospitalized after suffering stroke. He's only 49.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/01/sen-ben-ray-lujan-suffered-stroke-and-underwent-surgery.html

Just a minor stroke. He only suffered dizziness and has presumably already been discharged.

May only be 49, but when you're considerably overweight any health complication becomes more likely.