themaninblack

Assisted Suicides

Dutch offed a wean according to the wireless.

Not age or condition or sex known.

Raising the abortion age to 42 trimesters nazi.gif

Looks like it was the Belgians.

The Daily Heil reports.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3794054/Belgium-reports-case-euthanasia-minor.html

• Like 2

Lots of news stories (in French) about the comatose Vincent Lambert flying about at the moment. His wife and some other family members are all for allowing him to die, while his parents are adamantly against the idea and have filed a last ditch legal challenge to prevent the removal of his feeding tubes.

Lambert is on my DDP team, so I'm following the case with interest, although the same can't be said for British media sources...

Lots of news stories (in French) about the comatose Vincent Lambert flying about at the moment. His wife and some other family members are all for allowing him to die, while his parents are adamantly against the idea and have filed a last ditch legal challenge to prevent the removal of his feeding tubes.

Lambert is on my DDP team, so I'm following the case with interest, although the same can't be said for British media sources...

Deathrace Cup fodder then, thanks

Academic with Alzheimer's, Alex Pandolfo tells the Mail on Sunday he's off to Dignitas to end his life.  He originally planned to go at the end of next year, but is considering going earlier due to the deterioration in his condition.  

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:20, DevonDeathTrip said:

Caught up in the UK bairn case, Pope appealing for Vincent Lambert's care: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2018-04/pope-appeal-alfie-evans-vincent-laurent.html

Understand he's on palliative at the moment, couldn't get that story to load, however....

If only Lambert was a celeb...

I think this is the more apt thread for Vervoort. Speaking of which, she's planning to attend an exhibition focused on her life, which opens on May 4th. However, it's the last thing on the bucket list according to those articles...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

I think this is the more apt thread for Vervoort. Speaking of which, she's planning to attend an exhibition focused on her life, which opens on May 4th. However, it's the last thing on the bucket list according to those articles...

For now, on May 3rd, at 11:59 PM she'll extend her bucket list with 15 new additions.

7 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

For now, on May 3rd, at 11:59 PM she'll extend her bucket list with 15 new additions.

I honestly doubt that. Even if she doesn’t get euthanized, the last health update is making me think that 2019 would require some miracle...

On 9/12/2016 at 03:47, DevonDeathTrip said:

Belgian Paralympian Marieke Veervort has said she is not yet ready for euthanasia, but will die by this method at a time of her choosing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37335846

39 today! :birthday:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

39 today! :birthday:

I hope Dr David Goodall’s final words are ‘oh and that Marieke Vervoort is a cowardly cunt!’ as he slams back his poison cocktail.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I hope Dr David Goodall’s final words are ‘oh and that Marieke Vervoort is a cowardly cunt!’ as he slams back his poison cocktail.

The plot twist, of course, is when it turns out she died the day before he did. :D 

Is it ethical to say she's worth 28 points today and I'd be happy about those points if my team got them today?
And if her death would be considered unnatural, another 3 points would be added...

4 hours ago, Book said:

Is it ethical to say she's worth 28 points today and I'd be happy about those points if my team got them today?
And if her death would be considered unnatural, another 3 points would be added...

Suicide isn't 'unnatural'.  On the contrary, it's intentional.  It's a natural result of an intentional act.  Better ferret out that discussion now cuz I call bullshit, and I HAVE her on my team.  I do not expect points for an unnatural death.
SC

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Suicide isn't 'unnatural'.  On the contrary, it's intentional.  It's a natural result of an intentional act.  Better ferret out that discussion now cuz I call bullshit, and I HAVE her on my team.  I do not expect points for an unnatural death.
SC

Hi Sir C, Rules really not your strong point but here is the DDP rule extract relating to unnatural death.

Unnatural causes: +3 for murder, suicide or accident (but not State executions).

So as far as the DDP goes suicide is specifically included in the category of Unnatural causes.

Now in relation to Euthanasia (not specifically referred to) this is where the controversy lies and where Spade will have to make a call which he has so far remained silent on.

I also have Marieke (but not as my joker) and my argument would be that natural causes have lead her to be helped to die in a country where euthanasia is legal so definitely not suicide or murder or an accident. However I can see a strong argument the other way too which I would think is why she is so many people's joker so I await to see

a) if she does die this year

'b) if she dies by euthanasia

c) what Spade's decision is when that happens.

Euthanasia deaths do count for an unnatural bonus, mainly because so few people who announce them actually go through with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Euthanasia deaths do count for an unnatural bonus, mainly because so few people who announce them actually go through with it.

So now we know:D

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Unnatural and intentional are not mutually exclusive.  They aren't antonyms.

One could argue that all deaths are natural, ie the ultimate cause of death is always something natural.  It is the circumstances that lead to it that may not be natural.

• Like 1

the English botanist David Goodall died today, aged 104 : it was an assisted suicide. 

7 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

the English botanist David Goodall died today, aged 104 : it was an assisted suicide. 

Ground-breaker for dead pooling afficianados. Not terminally ill or seriously depressed in any traditional medical sense. Merely a rational bloke old enough to know what he was doing and well aware (personally and professionally) that his declining quality of life was on an unstoppable downward slope. Real insight into Dignitas business-minded approach, mind. Begs the question how far they'd go. I mean, if one of those on our useless daft bimbos thread rang up and said "I can't get a proper job, my hair's a mess and the kids won't shut up...!"

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Ground-breaker for dead pooling afficianados. Not terminally ill or seriously depressed in any traditional medical sense. Merely a rational bloke old enough to know what he was doing and well aware (personally and professionally) that his declining quality of life was on an unstoppable downward slope. Real insight into Dignitas business-minded approach, mind. Begs the question how far they'd go. I mean, if one of those on our useless daft bimbos thread rang up and said "I can't get a proper job, my hair's a mess and the kids won't shut up...!I'm not in the papers any more."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

...if one of those on our useless daft bimbos thread rang up and said "I can't get a proper job, my hair's a mess and the kids won't shut up...!"

From your keyboard to God’s monitor.

Will Pegg, the subject of a documentary by the CBC radio show 'The Current' called 'One More Moment', about being one of the first people to want a medically-assisted death in Canada following its legalization, has completed the process. He was 58 or 59.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-september-28-2018-1.4842191/will-pegg-has-died-he-got-to-hear-the-finches-sing-for-one-last-spring-1.4842291

21 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Will Pegg, the subject of a documentary by the CBC radio show 'The Current' called 'One More Moment', about being one of the first people to want a medically-assisted death in Canada following its legalization, has completed the process. He was 58 or 59.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-september-28-2018-1.4842191/will-pegg-has-died-he-got-to-hear-the-finches-sing-for-one-last-spring-1.4842291

Oh my, there's another one just waiting to be tapped in ...... :lol: