maryportfuncity

Where Will The Next School Massacre Be?

Call the country  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted USA, seemed a logical choice, but then I began to have this nagging doubt, that one day US school massacres are going to be so commonplace they won't be reported!

:unsure:

• Sad 1

Shooting in a Nursing Home in the USA

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4837676

That doesn't count... I take France

Counts for summat, mind. A new low even by US standards, or am I wrong?

Wrong. Nursing home? Its out of the news cycle...noone will even know his name. They were 3/4 of the way there anyway. Killing kids is no comparison...from the news Europe is trying to make killing old folks a hobby. I'm terminally ill from something eventually. :rolleyes:

Does this count?

PB

PS Fukin idiots

PB

Nope. Poll says school. If it was massacre then plenty of African countries would have already won. PB you should read the whole sentence.

Does this count?

PB

PS Fukin idiots

PB

---

Who exactly are the Fukin idiots?

No one guessed Greece

But I'm not sure if 2 dead counts as a massacre

No one guessed Greece

I think the rule we made up was a news report had to describe it using the word "massacre", and the BBC one doesn't. Given none of us guessed Greece, presumably no one will look too hard to find an article that does. So, the contest rolls on!

No one guessed Greece

I think the rule we made up was a news report had to describe it using the word "massacre", and the BBC one doesn't. Given none of us guessed Greece, presumably no one will look too hard to find an article that does. So, the contest rolls on!

I have a gut feeling that it's going to be in the US, it seems that shooting sprees are the current trend at the moment.

It won't be long before a high school kid takes his dad's gun to school with him and decides to take out several others that teased him.

No one guessed Greece

Per above, it seems that the benchmark is how it's describe in the news report - but if it were numbers, would we count the gunman in the tally if they killed themselves?

No one guessed Greece

Per above, it seems that the benchmark is how it's describe in the news report - but if it were numbers, would we count the gunman in the tally if they killed themselves?

Depends on who is reporting, some include the gunman in the tally.

ABC news earlier when talking about the Virginia Tech shootings listed the gunman seperately

It could've been Carlisle if you take on board how disturbed this lassie was. That would've served me right for starting this thread, eh?

Sweden!

Bad day with ikea furniture, too much cheese, abnormal day/night hours, one sub-machine gun, boom-shak-a-l-AK47

Sweden!

Bad day with ikea furniture, too much cheese, abnormal day/night hours, one sub-machine gun, boom-shak-a-l-AK47

You're a rapper when you're not posting here, right?

Crackin' word skill in that one-liner.

If anyone will do it then today is the day that someone is likely to go on a shooting spree.

Until the Virginia Tech shooting, Columbine was the one that high school kids tried to outdo

I voted for Norway - their thriving death metal scene and extended hours of darkness must have created a few candidates who'd tick all the right boxes for this sort of thing.

Nine year old boy fires shotgun in Norwegian school. He failed to kill anyone, but the lad has potential.

DENMARK.....Always a quiet place, needs summat like a massacre to get em in the news LOL...

Ok, so it aint a school, but wow am I psychic or summat.....maybe not lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8028317.stm

PS...is Denmark dutch ???

DENMARK.....Always a quiet place, needs summat like a massacre to get em in the news LOL...

Ok, so it aint a school, but wow am I psychic or summat.....maybe not lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8028317.stm

PS...is Denmark dutch ???

Denmark is Danish.

I had a dream last night and the only part of it that I remember is watching a news broadcast about how the Danish were upset about the most recent publication of their history textbook because it made them out to seem "really boring".

I voted for Norway - their thriving death metal scene and extended hours of darkness must have created a few candidates who'd tick all the right boxes for this sort of thing.

Nine year old boy fires shotgun in Norwegian school. He failed to kill anyone, but the lad has potential.

DDT, have you had your psychic powers tested? Thankfully this is not a school but still little consolation.

Good day for massacres, what with that American going mental at the stress management clinic for soldiers and shooting a few of his comrades and that.

Heating duct hell in exam hall!!

The links next to the story include one on the school being the worst in Kent according to league tables. Does anyone else smell a rat here, timing the accident to neatly disrupt the impending SATs disaster?

TUMBLEWEED

Oh, alright, I'll get me coat.

• Like 1