Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Back in the day we didn't take anti-depressants. We took a good shake to ourselves.

However, death came earlier back then...

Back in what day? I was diagnosed manic depressive in 1983 and havd been mostly medicated ever since. When I decided I was better off without lithium et al was when I found myself staring down the barrel of a shotgun, cutting my wrists, or driving into large bridge abutments. Alcohol and illegal drugs did nothing but make my illness and my problems worse.

How about we provide support but lay off the medical advice? Ain't no one qualified.

Right CA ....

'Lay off the medical advice' after a long advert for them, which was a shit advert if you've been on them for over 3 decades.....

Find the problem Shaun, fix the problem.... Problem gone.

Don't trust overpaid arrogant cunts....

There is no cure. It's a chronic condition. It's a flaw in the way my brain works. There is no way to stop me from experiencing mania without constant medication.

I am so fucking sick and tired of people seeing mental issues as moral failings rather than medical problems. People have diabetes - they take insulin for the rest of their lives. My mother has heart failure - if she stops taking her medication she dies. I have bipolar disorder - if I stop taking my medication I go manic and have a psychotic break and I destroy my life and the lives of those around me.

Treatment for mental illnesses aren't as refined because the brain is more complex than, say, your average liver. Side effects can be horrendous and medications may not work for everyone. The medications we have now are light years better than the ones that were used 30 or 40 years ago. Go pop some Haldol. I'll wait.

It's always the same god damn thing. Get off this idea that depression is a weakness or get the fuck out of the way of people who have these illnesses and are trying to handle them responsibly.

• Like 9

CA, wasn't a dig at you and your condition, but that you apply the same to Shaun and would condemn him to that dependency even if he has a case of SAD, needs his hole or is fucked off over his knee or his course.

None of which would be advisable to go down the happy pill route.

Your post was informative, saddening and compassionate, but you fucked up with that last sentence.

Drol Sr. was hospitalized last week for respiratory troubles, linked to his emphysema (a family genetic feature). Already discharged and back to drink all the day.

• Like 1

Back in the day we didn't take anti-depressants. We took a good shake to ourselves.

However, death came earlier back then...

Back in what day? I was diagnosed manic depressive in 1983 and havd been mostly medicated ever since. When I decided I was better off without lithium et al was when I found myself staring down the barrel of a shotgun, cutting my wrists, or driving into large bridge abutments. Alcohol and illegal drugs did nothing but make my illness and my problems worse.

How about we provide support but lay off the medical advice? Ain't no one qualified.

Right CA ....

'Lay off the medical advice' after a long advert for them, which was a shit advert if you've been on them for over 3 decades.....

Find the problem Shaun, fix the problem.... Problem gone.

Don't trust overpaid arrogant cunts....

There is no cure. It's a chronic condition. It's a flaw in the way my brain works. There is no way to stop me from experiencing mania without constant medication.

I am so fucking sick and tired of people seeing mental issues as moral failings rather than medical problems. People have diabetes - they take insulin for the rest of their lives. My mother has heart failure - if she stops taking her medication she dies. I have bipolar disorder - if I stop taking my medication I go manic and have a psychotic break and I destroy my life and the lives of those around me.

Treatment for mental illnesses aren't as refined because the brain is more complex than, say, your average liver. Side effects can be horrendous and medications may not work for everyone. The medications we have now are light years better than the ones that were used 30 or 40 years ago. Go pop some Haldol. I'll wait.

It's always the same god damn thing. Get off this idea that depression is a weakness or get the fuck out of the way of people who have these illnesses and are trying to handle them responsibly.

My statement "lay off the medical advice" was aimed at those who aren't qualified to give it. If you are a doctor I apologize for implying you aren't qualified, but nevertheless diagnosing on an internet forum is unethical as hell for doctors anyway.

If someone has Seasonal Affective Disorder, medication may be warranted. Any sort of depression, intermittent or not, may warrant medication, temporarily or not. Either way, if medication or light boxes are the choice that choice should be supported, especially by individuals who don't really know the person in question from Adam.

I hope this makes sense. It's 5am and I haven't had coffee.

Is this still going on?

Everyone's brain and system is different to everyone else's, so they react differently to most drugs. Hence I can take a few antibiotics for an infection but my wife's allergic to them, for one example. (I don't care if its a placebo effect for the record, if it makes you feel better, mon the placebo...) Some folk anti-Ds work for, others they don't. Personally I've always been slightly less batshit without them.

Charon is right on his general point, they (anti-Ds) are handed out far too easily by doctors, who tend to use them for everything mental under the sun, and for years too. That's not what they are meant for in the vast majority of cases, where they are designed to be short term solutions while the person deals with the root cause of the issue, be it via CBT or other therapies, getting themselves out of a poisonous situation or so on. Far far too many people are being fobbed off on pills when they could be getting life changing long term treatment. (Information gained from msc Sr, who is a medical expert, though not a doctor - he hates doctors...)

And some people, that long term treatment is the pills because that's how their brain is wired. Yeah, they might get it on certain other drugs which aren't currently available in the shops thanks to lobbyists and government pressure back in the 1910-20s. But the fact that they should pretty much all be legal is an entirely different topic.

TL/DR version: you're both right and wrong and neither will change the others mind, but if anyone actually makes their medical options based on the Deathlist forum, they're fools.

Also, two things who are meant to help low mood are chocolate and sex. Something about brain chemicals. So that "get a shag" advice was more scientific than possibly intended... :lol:

I would advise more chocolate then. Chocolate never says no.

• Like 2

Also, two things who are meant to help low mood are chocolate and sex. Something about brain chemicals. So that "get a shag" advice was more scientific than possibly intended... :lol:

That explains why I'm such a fat bastard.

Do you ever hope that one of Basement Jaxx dies in a car crash so you can post "Where's your airbag?" here and get ten likes?

• Like 2

Do you ever hope that one of Basement Jaxx dies in a car crash so you can post "Where's your airbag?" here and get ten likes?

Ok, Im thick and fucking old.

That's gone over my head.

Me too.

I did once buy a CD of theirs in a charity shop. They were headlining a festival that takes place near me, and I might have gone if their music had been to my taste.

It wasn't so I didn't.

Me too.

I did once buy a CD of theirs in a charity shop. They were headlining a festival that takes place near me, and I might have gone if their music had been to my taste.

It wasn't so I didn't.

They were a support act for Robbie Williams a few years back, and were really good. Made me shake my not inconsiderable booty.

And I'm guessing LFN has no idea what we are on about as he is currently in shock. Am I getting on your Wyc? 😄😄😄😄

Me too.

It wasn't so I didn't.

They were a support act for Robbie Williams a few years back, and were really good. Made me shake my not inconsiderable booty.

And I'm guessing LFN has no idea what we are on about as he is currently in shock. Am I getting on your Wyc?

.....that's gone right over my head too. :lol:

Me too.

It wasn't so I didn't.

And I'm guessing LFN has no idea what we are on about as he is currently in shock. Am I getting on your Wyc?

Just like all them goals!

Ah fuck me, just saw you pipped it in the fucking NINETY SEVENTH minute!

• Like 1

Me too.

It wasn't so I didn't.

Just like all them goals!

Ah fuck me, just saw you pipped it in the fucking NINETY SEVENTH minute!

We are no pushovers anymore! :D

Drol Sr. was hospitalized last week for respiratory troubles, linked to his emphysema (a family genetic feature). Already discharged and back to drink all the day.

If you are asking yourselves, I'm not George W. Bush.

I am not.

Basement Jaxx has a phenomenal mashup with black rebel motorcycle club....

I am not.

Said if. In fact I know you know I'm Donald Trump.

I am not.

I'm not George Bush and neither is my wife.

I am not.

Everyone is Bush, at least in part.

I am not.

Everyone is Bush, at least in part.

Which part?

Which part?

You know.

• Like 1

I thought we were all made of stardust .... stars-smiley-emoticon-animation.png

• Like 1

I thought we were all made of stardust .... stars-smiley-emoticon-animation.png

Stardust and Bush. And some of us is even made with worse things...

• Like 1