Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

We get the low tiers at work lardy. They must target it as a navigation point afore hooring up the glen.

Mate got a drone for cameras, and they're restricted to 250 ft I think , above the land (not sea level).

They are hackable ......... :) I may be in the market for one, and then its 'one for Vladimir'...

I live about twenty miles from the centre of Salisbury Plain, and you can hear them practicing war with their tanks and their bombs and their bombs and their guns on a regular basis. We often have low flying aircraft late at night, it's been something that's always happened, and you grow used to the sounds and low rumblings from afar. All day today though, they are BLOWING THE ABSOLUTE SHIT out of something that is so loud my windows are genuinely rattling this far away. Coincidence that it's the day after that total ass-womble has been sworn in? I think not. Prepare for war, I say. Stockpile your Big Soups and Golden Virginia, for we are all doomed.

Britain is in Syria in a place called al-tanf and you have the Russians in west Syria . Turkey in the north and the Saudi's and gulf states funding isis. Britain should either help Russia or say out of it.

I live about twenty miles from the centre of Salisbury Plain, and you can hear them practicing war with their tanks and their bombs and their bombs and their guns on a regular basis. We often have low flying aircraft late at night, it's been something that's always happened, and you grow used to the sounds and low rumblings from afar. All day today though, they are BLOWING THE ABSOLUTE SHIT out of something that is so loud my windows are genuinely rattling this far away. Coincidence that it's the day after that total ass-womble has been sworn in? I think not. Prepare for war, I say. Stockpile your Big Soups and Golden Virginia, for we are all doomed.

We have RAF Marham 5 miles up the road and the USAF Bases at Mildenhall and Feltwell within range.

No extra activity up here at all.

Anybody watching 'Taboo' on the Beeb?

Maybe its me but its a crock of shit.

A Tom Hardy jolly.

David Hayman acts him off the screen.

It is stupidly early on a Sunday morning and I'm in Birmingham airport. Guess where I'm going?

Manchester?

• Like 2

Well yet another warning about what we eat has been given.

The FSA has decided that the browner or more burnt your potato or toast is increases the that you COULD get cancer....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11996554/Crunchy-toast-could-give-you-cancer-FSA-warns.html

Cancer from eating toast?!?!

Paul Young is now shitting bricks.

We have RAF Marham 5 miles up the road and the USAF Bases at Mildenhall and Feltwell within range.

No extra activity up here at all.

Nothing out of the ordinary around RAF Akrotiri.

When that Russian aircraft carrier sailed past a couple of months ago things went ape! :)

OldWillz is off to the hospital as he's not been feeling well for a few days.

Heart issues, last time he tried to battle through and ended up on a ward for a week.

:(

OldWillz is off to the hospital as he's not been feeling well for a few days.

Heart issues, last time he tried to battle through and ended up on a ward for a week.

:(

Hope everything is OK. Biblio Snr went into hospital on Christmas Eve and had to spend Christmas Day there he had fluid on the lungs. He is back home now and getting better. 88 next week.

Oh dear, what a rotten Christmas, glad to hear he's doing better. Hope he has a great birthday!

• Like 1

Am struggling with my masters course at University .Thinking of dropping out.Depression and anxiety have really made it too hard but as someone who hates quitting the thought of failure is a daunting prospect.My knees are are also still bad.Dunno why I am venting here maybe because my social media accounts are full of people I dont actually like.Maybe it is like confession in a Catholic Church.Anonymously posting is easier.Maybe like writing to a pen pal.(apologies had no sleep for 30 hours and am getting drunk).

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Shaun.

Remember your health and well being should always come first. Have you spoken to your course organisers about the issues you are having? They may be more sympathetic thank you think. Perhaps a pause on this while you heal and you could complete your course at a later stage. Brian May still has to complete his PhD as I remember!

Being a student and getting drunk is acceptable, but drinking and depression is a bad thing. Hope you get the support you need to get yourself back to full strength and worry less about the course and concern yourself with you.

That's my advice.

• Like 6

Shaun, there are probably other with better experience on here than me to advise you but remember we are thinking of you and wish you all the best.

• Like 1

Am struggling with my masters course at University .Thinking of dropping out.Depression and anxiety have really made it too hard but as someone who hates quitting the thought of failure is a daunting prospect.My knees are are also still bad.Dunno why I am venting here maybe because my social media accounts are full of people I dont actually like.Maybe it is like confession in a Catholic Church.Anonymously posting is easier.Maybe like writing to a pen pal.(apologies had no sleep for 30 hours and am getting drunk).

Right...

• Is your depression on record at the uni? If not, get it on record ASAP, via doctor's note or speaking to the uni GP services or whatever options are open at your particular uni.
  • That counts as a mitigating circumstance, which allows you to repeat if need be, or go part-time.
  • From general experience, if you've got to Masters level, you've got something about you more than the average student, be it grades or ability to schmooze money men (and don't discount the later)...
  • If you do still need to drop out, remember you can always return. I know folk who dropped out during Honours in a mess, and are now, with time passed, in their PHD after returning to uni as a mature student.
  • If you re-break a thing it takes forever to recover.
  • Is it an accumulation of things ie uni stress, depression/anxiety and knees? If so, the latter two being treated will help the other. Assuming they are, with time.
  • Assuming they are, history is full of dead people who assumed the risks of drinking on painkillers/antidepressants didn't apply to them. I'd advise against following in their footsteps - after all, who'd run Death by Numbers? (That's a joke...)

I had to repeat a year at uni on health grounds, and things turned out OK-ish.

PS

• Do try and get some sleep. That wont be helping.
  • Like 8

Sorry to hear Shaun.

Remember your health and well being should always come first. Have you spoken to your course organisers about the issues you are having? They may be more sympathetic thank you think. Perhaps a pause on this while you heal and you could complete your course at a later stage. Brian May still has to complete his PhD as I remember!

Being a student and getting drunk is acceptable, but drinking and depression is a bad thing. Hope you get the support you need to get yourself back to full strength and worry less about the course and concern yourself with you.

That's my advice.

It's not acceptable if you haven't slept for 30 hours and may well be taken medicine. Also, masters students are meant to be the (somewhat) sensible ones. He's hardly a fresher adjusting to the new constraints, and if he does as he's just said he will in his post he risks seriously harming himself. Get in touch with your uni for god sake, Shaun. They'll more than likely accommodate you if you explain the situation (you're knees and depression could both give you a bit of leeway with results.) You'd also think someone doing a masters would've at least read the "extenuating circumstances" part of their regs....

Get hammered on no sleep is just asking to fall off your course and get yourself back in a hospital bed. Apologies for the bed-side manner, but I tend to find it's better to be as blunt as possible when someones about to do something stupid (you not going to say "Sir, I'd be awfully glad if you could see to not whacking yourself in the head with that chainsaw please, thank you."

Also, why on earth has this forum recently turned itself into a fucking self-help avenue?

• Like 2

Also, why on earth has this forum recently turned itself into a fucking self-help avenue?

It started roughly around the time the younger posters started asking for advice and got it... :D

I have consulted my department and the response has been positive .Cheers for the advice guys even deathray .i am a fan of the point smack in the face advice.Normally I don't vent but things are bad I won't lie.Many on this site seem very well-rounded and wise individuals.My safety isnt in question.I have had insomnia for years and am a regular drinker so what I am doing is not reckless stupid maybe but reckless in the sense it puts my life at risk no way.I am too poor to drink myself to death haha :P

• Like 7

I have consulted my department and the response has been positive .Cheers for the advice guys even deathray .i am a fan of to the point smack in the face advice.Normally I don't vent but things are bad I won't lie.Many on this site seem very well-rounded and wise individuals.My safety isnt in question.I have had insomnia for years and am a regular drinker so what I am doing is not reckless stupid maybe but reckless in the sense it puts my life at risk no way.I am too poor to drink myself to death haha :P

Sean that's great to hear. I'd be interested who you think the well-rounded and wise ones are! Only other advice I'd offer is get out of town for a days. Change of secenry and all that. Oh and watch some comedy. Smiling always helps.

• Like 1

Shaun, don't pay heed to all that shite 'do-goodery' advice. Get hoored and things will seem better in the morning :)

What are you mastering in?

I think he's trying to master in how to ignore the kid...

I'll grab my coat now...

• Like 1

I'm sure he said History/Politics or something of that ilk in the past.