Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

7 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Well if I look at the Death List Forums front page it is declaring that Boris Johnson is hot. :D

Let's hope he doesn't get his fireman out, the Estonian PM might be shocked and Dorries might faint in a pool of her own squirt. :D

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Anyone know of any MP`s who are seriously ill and might not to be able to vote even by proxy?

The Member for Romford springs to mind...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's up to 98 now.

Now at 102.Most on the payroll and still 78 short of a majority with 3 and a half hours until voting opens.Still think he will win but certainly looking closer than anticipated.Bookies odds are narrowing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

The Member for Romford springs to mind...

Nope he can vote by Proxy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Well, yes, remember getting rid of Boris means getting rid of Dorries, Rees-Mogg, probably Patel, and others too. 

Frankly it's a vote on your confidence in his cabinet decisions as much as in him. Hard to see Nadine, Jacob and Priti leaving a loyalist Johnson Cabinet in any potential post-vote reshuffle but what sane Tory thinks 1, 2 or all 3 of those should be in high office? That enough is reason to vote against him.

• Like 1

Oh bugger it just realised that the results of the Boris Johnson leadership vote  tonight  are due to be announced at the same time the new series of  semi clad hunk heavy Love Island   starts on ITV2  .

Decisions Decisions- which part of my nature do I go with tonight? The political junkie  or the highly sexed but refined and classy  appreciater of men?!:wub::P:blink:

• Like 1

Dorries on sky news time for popcorn

• Like 1

Nadine Dorries on Sky just now, urging people to vote for BJ because they may lose Tory donors.

Nothing about the good of the country or even election prospects. 

"Must...line...our...own...pockets..."

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh bugger it just realised that the results of the Boris Johnson leadership vote  tonight  are due to be announced at the same time the new series of  semi clad hunk heavy Love Island   starts on ITV2  .

Decisions Decisions- which part of my nature do I go with tonight? The political junkie  or the highly sexed but refined and classy  appreciater of men?!:wub::P:blink:

There's an ITV2+1 Gooseberry... :lol:

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

He's absolutely going to do it if he loses

Well I assumed this tweet would be correct? How can he call  any election if he has lost his partys leadership?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Sounds like desparation.Ultimate threat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Where's he stand legally on that? If he loses the vote of no confidence, he's technically not leader any more. He could remain as acting PM if the House is prepared to support that, but equally I think the party would be able to request Raab take over as Deputy PM while a leadership contest takes place. The Prime Minister can call an election, but this would be constitutionally unknown waters I think.

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well I assumed this tweet would be correct? How can he call  any election if he has lost his partys leadership?

He can`t even his ministers would turn on him if he did as they would be wiped out and they know it.Only the ultimate swivel eyed BlowJo sycophants would go along with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

There's an ITV2+1 Gooseberry... :lol:

Oh If I get a taste of political analysis on the news channels I will be hooked and it will go on fir much longer than one hour especially if he loses the vote!

I am facing a real dilemma- Hunks and Spunk,  Junk and funk  or trauma and drama and analysis over political paralysis effecting the countrys whole future!

:P:D

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

He can`t even his ministers would turn on him if he did as they would be wiped out and they know it.Only the ultimate swivel eyed BlowJo sycophants would go along with it.

He is brazen enough to try or at least consider  it  after the wrongly preroguing parliament saga in 2019 but I think you are right he wouldn't succeed. 

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh If I get a taste of political analysis on the news channels I will be hooked and it will go on fir much longer than one hour especially if he loses the vote!

I am facing a real dilemma- Hunks and Spunk,  Junk and funk  or trauma and drama and analysis over political paralysis effecting the countrys whole future!

:P:D

Record Love Island.

Whatever that is, I've never seen an episode. I'm assuming it's a legal Epstein style island...:P

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sean said:

Can see it as an option if the vote is close enough to keep the pressure on though. Either the public stay with me and you can all shut up for 5 years, or I'm going down and I'm taking you all with me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Record Love Island.

Whatever that is, I've never seen an episode. I'm assuming it's a legal Epstein style island...:P

It's a classy dating show that unfolds over months but were wearing few and revealing clothes just happens to be quite commonplace! There has  been quite a few sexy Scottish men on it over the years!

Here is an example of what you are missing!!:wub:

image.thumb.png.c5823d66748c605d22c4a98ca1e1c3f9.png

• Shocked 2

46 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well both shows centre around stupid fucking cunts.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Nadine Dorries on Sky just now, urging people to vote for BJ because they may lose Tory donors.

Nothing about the good of the country or even election prospects. 

"Must...line...our...own...pockets..."

Or the Tory doner quoted in the Sunday Times yesterday who won't donate any more until Bojo is history

• Like 2

Even if Boris Johnson lost tonight (best bet imo is he wins but with hobbled authority ala May), he is still Prime Minister until he can hand the job to another person, like Brown, Cameron, May etc. Even if he is no longer leader of the Tory party from that moment on (and I'm fuzzy on the exact bit for the Tories, iirc IDS was gone instantly from losing the vote).

If he lost the Tory leadership, but was still PM, I think there's nothing in the rules preventing him attempting to call an election, unless the Queen says no. (Though what with her Stage IV cancer, do you think she wants to die under a Boris Johnson premiership? Nah!) 

Its untested waters though as no one has lost a confidence vote and called an election to try and save their job before. We've had elections because *governments* lose votes of confidence, but never (afaik) for an individual PM.

His former aides say Boris Johnson would need removed kicking and screaming and now I have images of him losing an immediate election, and refusing to leave Downing Street until the Queen sends the army in to drag him out on live TV. Just a passing daydream...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

Even if Boris Johnson lost tonight (best bet imo is he wins but with hobbled authority ala May), he is still Prime Minister until he can hand the job to another person, like Brown, Cameron, May etc. Even if he is no longer leader of the Tory party from that moment on (and I'm fuzzy on the exact bit for the Tories, iirc IDS was gone instantly from losing the vote).

If he lost the Tory leadership, but was still PM, I think there's nothing in the rules preventing him attempting to call an election, unless the Queen says no. (Though what with her Stage IV cancer, do you think she wants to die under a Boris Johnson premiership? Nah!) 

Its untested waters though as no one has lost a confidence vote and called an election to try and save their job before. We've had elections because *governments* lose votes of confidence, but never (afaik) for an individual PM.

His former aides say Boris Johnson would need removed kicking and screaming and now I have images of him losing an immediate election, and refusing to leave Downing Street until the Queen sends the army in to drag him out on live TV. Just a passing daydream...

Yes there is some confusion between all the different types of confidence votes that can go on

In essence this is purely a Conservative Party matter in that if he loses he will have lost confidence of the Parliamentary Conservative Party and will need to step down but he will remain Prime Minister until his successor is elected

In 1979 James Callaghan lost a parliamentary vote of confidence and was required to call an election this happened because he was leading a minority government like May was between 2017 & 2019

IDS only went so quickly because no-one stood against Michael Howard for the leadership

• Like 1