Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think as long as the Daily Mail supports him he will likely cling on.

I dunno even Daily Mail readers are turning against the paper and BlowJo in the comments section.

Daily Mail readers don`t like Green Policies , the dinghies still coming in and tax increases.

Not to mention Partygate and Carie Antoinette.

• Haha 1

FFS, I can barely concentrate on getting work done today because memes and the like are coming thick and fast.

286802986_10159057273772965_237214093767

• Haha 6

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yer taxes are up.

Yer petrol is up.

Yer passport is in the system.

Yer flights have been cancelled.

Yer ambulance is in the queue.

Yer GP appointment is 4 days away.

Yer trains are disrupted.

Yer energy bills are up.

Yer kids' education is 18 months behind.

Yer childcare is up.

Yer first time buyers are down.

Yer inflation and prices are up.

What exactly of the people's priorities is he addressing? HS2? Bring back pounds and ounces?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yer taxes are up.

Yer petrol is up.

Yer energy bills are up.

Yer childcare is up.

What exactly of the people's priorities is he addressing? HS2? Bring back pounds and ounces?

Good to highlight HS2, handy for those in the shit end of Birmingham to access a food bank in the shit end of London if there are shortages locally! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Yer taxes are up.

Yer petrol is up.

Yer energy bills are up.

Yer childcare is up.

Yeah, but…he got Brexit done. Which explains a lot of this list, but “got Brexit done” sounds good to his (very unsophisticated) supporters innit

While Zelenskyy backs BoJo, who's presumably telling him the rest of the UK Cabinet hate Ukraine, the Estonian PM is having fun with the chaos.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

While Zelenskyy backs BoJо

IMG_20220516_212545_839.jpg

12 hours ago, Sean said:

I dunno even Daily Mail readers are turning against the paper and BlowJo in the comments section.

Daily Mail readers don`t like Green Policies , the dinghies still coming in and tax increases.

Not to mention Partygate and Carie Antoinette.

The Lib Dems would love the Tories to drop green policies. Would help them copy the teals of Australia.

Listening to Truss being grilled on Radio 4 about some big issues - flight of migrants to Rwanda, p-o-ws in Ukraine etc. - this must be a massive moment for her since she hasn't stopped wanting the top job. She's got herself well prepared on what the government thinks etc. but she's absolutely shit when challenged, barely concealing the anger and panic when she faces questions about us breaking international law, etc. She doesn't think that fast or that broadly in such circumstances - and she was spared any questions on Bojo's competence as leader. 

Liz_Truss_Official_Portrait.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Listening to Truss being grilled on Radio 4 about some big issues - flight of migrants to Rwanda, p-o-ws in Ukraine etc. - this must be a massive moment for her since she hasn't stopped wanting the top job. She's got herself well prepared on what the government thinks etc. but she's absolutely shit when challenged, barely concealing the anger and panic when she faces questions about us breaking international law, etc. She doesn't think that fast or that broadly in such circumstances - and she was spared any questions on Bojo's competence as leader. 

Sums up most of the Cabinet, and one of the reasons Johnson is still in power - all the possible Tory replacements are rubbish. They need a John Major, but I don't know if any of them are still around, mostly thanks to Boris Johnson purging the non yes-men. 

• Like 2

A face you really want to punch.

Wish I'd have taken the 12/1 on Mordaunt being next Tory leader last week, she's into 5/1 fav most places now. Still a value bet though?

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Wish I'd have taken the 12/1 on Mordaunt being next Tory leader last week, she's into 5/1 fav most places now. Still a value bet though?

An outside bet for sure. I don’t think the support in the parliamentary party would be there. Just like Truss and Gove.

4 hours ago, msc said:

Sums up most of the Cabinet, and one of the reasons Johnson is still in power - all the possible Tory replacements are rubbish. They need a John Major, but I don't know if any of them are still around, mostly thanks to Boris Johnson purging the non yes-men. 

A fair point - there was a post a while back on this thread about just how woeful Truss is when giving a public speech. The kind of communication that requires rapid reactions and creative thinking clearly challenges her to a notable degree. I get it now why many of her parliamentary colleagues, faced with the "Fizz with Liz" events that were blatant crony-collectiing events in preparation for a leadership bid, came away with the notion that anyone but her would be the right choice to replace Bojo. This is two years and seven months since they smashed a massive victory, and it already feels like we're in the last days of desperation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Liz_Truss_Official_Portrait.jpg

Someone online opined last week that she looked like a female Alan B'Stard and I simply cannot unsee it now.

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Someone online opined last week that she looked like a female Alan B'Stard and I simply cannot unsee it now.

Yeah, but...

B'Stard was a cruel comedy stereotype - she's the fucking foreign secretary. 

• Like 3

People trafficker to Rwanda Boris accuses Opposition of being on side of people traffickers in PMQs.

Rosie Winterton has, from the chair, slapped BJ down for this comment.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

People trafficker to Rwanda Boris accuses Opposition of being on side of people traffickers in PMQs.

So, I've seen the thing below posted on a couple of social media feeds. A portion of our agreement with Rwanda, apparently. Anyone know if we genuinely have agreed to take a portion of their most problematical refugees and - if so - whether this is known to rank and file Conservative party members or the editorial teams of the most uncritical shitrags (Express and Mail)?

288231021_10160430523083708_603490270225

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Coincidental or not, given his current conduct, he's just lost his ethics advisor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61819747

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Coincidental or not, given his current conduct, he's just lost his ethics advisor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61819747

Given his current (and, indeed, historic) conduct, one might have assumed he never had an ethics advisor.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, time said:

Given his current (and, indeed, historic) conduct, one might have assumed he never had an ethics advisor.

Well yeah, but - frankly - I wouldn't mind the job, decent money, party every Friday and it doesn't matter what you do/say because everyone understands your boss is a pig-headed twat who'll ignore you. I could stick it for year, sell the inside track to the press and tour Rotary Clubs/cruise ships for years with the hilarious anecdotes and a ppt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well yeah, but - frankly - I wouldn't mind the job, decent money, party every Friday and it doesn't matter what you do/say because everyone understands your boss is a pig-headed twat who'll ignore you. I could stick it for year, sell the inside track to the press and tour Rotary Clubs/cruise ships for years with the hilarious anecdotes and a ppt!

Which DL poster would make the best ethics adviser?

26 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Which DL poster would make the best ethics adviser?

For Boris...bring back Deathers!

• Like 1