themaninblack

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Steve Bronski of Bronski Beat being reported dead: 

A former DDP pick for me, if true that leaves Jimmy Somerville as the last man standing from the original line-up.

Knew him of sorts back in the scene in Glasgow, so this is a very sad day for me if verified. RIP. 

A recent spike in 80s deaths is tempting me to cover that decade in the UKSC thread.

I may start it mid-2022…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A recent spike in 80s deaths is tempting me to cover that decade in the UKSC thread.

I may start it mid-2022…

At this rate, it'll be a simple job.

By then you might just have Madonna and three-quarters of Culture Club and Bucks Fizz. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Steve Bronski of Bronski Beat being reported dead: 

A former DDP pick for me, if true that leaves Jimmy Somerville as the last man standing from the original line-up.

Knew him of sorts back in the scene in Glasgow, so this is a very sad day for me if verified. RIP. 

Confirmation of sorts from Jimmy Somerville. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Confirmation of sorts from Jimmy Somerville. 

BBC have reported it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59592187

Looks my emails worked. 

I remain devastated, only 60. I suspect the worst, of course. RIP big man, those nights in Panama Jax will long be remembered.

• Sad 1

On 28/02/2021 at 08:41, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14052516/tony-drewitt-barlow-saffron-barrie-valentina-bitcoin/

I'm beginning to question the wisdom of myself or indeed anyone now picking him for the purposes of deadpooling as he said two weeks ago he is considering having another child with his new boyfriend. 

I am assuming that most people wouldn't  do that if they believed they were going to die in the next year or so. I could  be wrong. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10300569/Britains-gay-dads-set-welcome-triplets-spending-1-million-IVF.html

Well one would  hope Tony Drewitt Barlow is going to be around for a while yet as apparently  he   his ex Barrie and Barries new partner are apparently set to become parents to triplets and raise them as a throuple. 

• Facepalm 2

April Ashley who was one of the first British trans women to have sex re-assignment surgery has died.

BBC.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

April Ashley who was one of the first British trans women to have sex re-assignment surgery has died.

BBC.

She’s been re-assigned again, by the Reaper.

Kris Irvin was a quirky queer Latter-day Saint (Mormon) with an incomparable Twitter presence, a member who challenged the faith to be more accepting and showed up at church every Sunday wearing a bowtie in the colors of the transgender flag and a lapel covered with rainbow pins.

‘Irvin shared those experiences with nearly 7,000 followers on Twitter, under the handle @krisis86, where they became an unintentional community icon.’

Irvin died Sunday, Jan. 23, from causes unspecified by family.

SC

• Sad 1

Edit fixed.

Would be interesting to write a trans obit from my shoes if she QOs. Let's see...

• Like 1

Just now, Death Impends said:

Would be interesting to write a trans obit from my shoes if she QOs. Let's see...

Striped Converse presumably?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Striped Converse presumably?

Mainly boots at the moment tbh. A prime sign the hormones are working now that I actually care about my shoes though...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

George Montague, known by the nickname the ' ‘oldest gay in the village’, has died. He was 98.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/george-montague-oldest-gay-village-110212237.html

I've never actually met him, but I definitely remember seeing that scooter around town during pride.

• Like 2

Uruguayan transgender politician, LGBT activist, lawyer and convicted fraudster Michelle Suárez Bértora reportedly dead at 39:

https://www.montevideo.com.uy/Noticias/Fallecio-Michelle-Suarez-la-primera-senadora-trans-en-la-historia-del-Uruguay-uc819575

michelle-surez-brtora-f2866dca-4a5e-4b77-b875-e63a33856f8-resize-750.jpg.5cd6b852699a455a12d9a0471bbddf26.jpg

Quite a short life, but a very interesting one. She was Uruguay's first transgender university graduate, first transgender lawyer, first to be elected to office and first transgender senator (2014-2017) until her resignation from the senate due to being found guilty of forging documents. She also assisted in drafting the same-sex marriage legislation. 

• Like 1