mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Michael Cacoyannis

"the Cyprus born-filmmaker who directed the 1964 film classic 'Zorba the Greek', starring Anthony Quinn, has died at an Athens hospital. He was 89". He was nominated for 3 Oscars for that film.

Alternatively known as "Mihalis Kakogiannis" or "Michalis Cacoyiannis".

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-...mp;dlvrit=53008

American character actor G.D. Spraldin has died aged 90. Most people know him as Senator Pat Greary from Godfather Part 2 and as Lt. General Corman in Apocalypse Now.

Could be a second hit in a week for Lt. Colonel Kilgore's Ultimate Surf Party (along with ex-PM of Vietnam Nguyen Cao Ky) if the right obit comes up...

Bill Henly. British spunk in abundance; he sank a U boat, pioneered aviation to the Western Isles of Scotland and "had a keen interest in railway timetables."

Rev John Stott has died: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/27/ev...tott-dies-at-0/

Finally, my first score of the year, and a unique one.

congrats.the british Billy Graham .question is, will Billy follow soon?

Dunno, he managed a fairly coherent and fulsome statement in praise of his old mentor. Still alert mentally.

Polly Platt, the Oscar nominated art director, and producer of films such as Broadcast News and Say Anything, has died aged 72. She gave James L. Brooks a cartoon by Matt Groening, something which (supposedly) eventually led to The Simpsons.

Reports that Margaret Thatcher has died.Cant get proper verification though http://socyberty.com/government/former-bri...her-dead-at-85/

It's a hoax. Besides, look at the date - January 1st, 2011. B)

Iain/Dave/Notaguest, I thought your reading skills were better than that...

Also Notaguest, why post it here and not the Maggie Thatcher thread?And why not sign in to post it?

Where did he go on holiday?

The spare room?

Reports that Margaret Thatcher has died.Cant get proper verification though http://socyberty.com/government/former-bri...her-dead-at-85/

It's a hoax. Besides, look at the date - January 1st, 2011. B)

Also Notaguest, why post it here and not the Maggie Thatcher thread?And why not sign in to post it?

Was that an intentional dig at his linguistic skills, or an honest mistake on your part?

Was that an intentional dig at his linguistic skills, or an honest mistake on your part?

B)

Film Director Silvio Narizanno has died.

His best known work included swinging 60s film 'Georgy Girl' and 70s Joe Orton caper 'Loot'.

Libya's top rebel, has been topped.

apparantely he was killed today, but i pre-announced his death on monday .Is this the first time a member has posted the death of someone 3 days before it actually happened?

apparantely he was killed today, but i pre-announced his death on monday .Is this the first time a member has posted the death of someone 3 days before it actually happened?

No.

Unfortunately wrong information is posted too frequently by some members.

No.

Ok fair anough,but just in case I have developed some kind of psychic power,I'm going to pre announce the death of Zsa Zsa Gabor for this weekend!

No.

Ok fair anough,but just in case I have developed some kind of psychic power,I'm going to pre announce the death of Zsa Zsa Gabor for this weekend!

No you didn't pre-announce it, you announced it prematurely.

No.

No you didn't pre-announce it, you announced it prematurely.

Hasn't lost his touch during his time off clearly B)

No. our very own Banshees scream used to have an uncanny knack for the predicshun of famous deaths.