Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

And the winner is .......

http://www.timesunion.com/entertainment/amp/26-countries-to-compete-in-final-of-Eurovision-7468564.php

Now I know I'm a simpleton bordering on retardation, but when I see Ukriane - Australia - Russia finishing 1-2-3 in the EUROvision contest, I am found naked in the corner sucking my thumb.

SC

• Like 1

My favourite songs of the last few years:

2012: Estonia - Ott Lepland - Kuula. (6th)

2013: Malta - Gianluca - Tomorrow (8th)

2014: Austria - Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix (1st)

2015: Estonia - Elina Born and Stig Rasta - Goodbye To Yesterday (7th)

Prior to the live performances and the semis, my current favourite is Poland. Meh. On this record, I'll maybe stick a fiver on them being top ten should they get through.

2016: Poland - Michal Spzak - Colour Of Your Life (8th).

In fact before the public vote it was 25th - just shows how out of touch the juries are, had they given this song its due, it might have even ended up in the top four.

Never did get that fiver on, sadly.

So if we vote to leave Europe does this mean no more Eurovision. I do hope so however the definition of Europe seems to have become a bit too lax of late. Australia!!!!

Prior to the live performances and the semis, my current favourite is Poland. Meh. On this record, I'll maybe stick a fiver on them being top ten should they get through.

In fact before the public vote it was 25th - just shows how out of touch the juries are, had they given this song its due, it might have even ended up in the top four.

willy you do realize that Poland on got those votes because Polish people are literally in every country I'm sorry their song sucked.

willy you do realize that Poland on got those votes because Polish people are literally in every country I'm sorry their song sucked.

Last year Poland was 15th out of 27, according to the televoting.

Ah Morbidkid, music is a matter of personal choice. I'll just point to having picked a top ten song as my personal favourite from 2012 onwards.

The choice on offer this year was quite extraordinary. The winner would not pass muster outside of the competition imo.

Well Croatia hit rock bottom.....as expected by me and nobody else in my country. Don't like the winning song and don't like the top 3. Went for Bulgaria. But the voting system was for the first time exciting. That Russian almost fainted XD

I say keep the voting system. Better Ukraine than Australia.

Well Croatia hit rock bottom.....as expected by me and nobody else in my country. Don't like the winning song and don't like the top 3. Went for Bulgaria. But the voting system was for the first time exciting. That Russian almost fainted XD

OI!!!

• Like 2

OI!!!

You know what I meant :D even if Australia won, London (UK) would host it for sure. I doubt that some other city/country would be chosen. And the song was just bad, sorry.

• Like 1

OI!!!

You know what I meant :D even if Australia won, London (UK) would host it for sure. I doubt that some other city/country would be chosen. And the song was just bad, sorry.

Yes, it would have most likely been the UK but I guess we will never know for sure.

I thought she sang quite well but the song could have been better. FWIW, she is a former winner of one of those talent shows (Australian Idol, X-Factor, The Voice, etc). I never watch them so I don't know which one she was on.

• Like 1

OI!!!

Yes, it would have most likely been the UK but I guess we will never know for sure.

I thought she sang quite well but the song could have been better. FWIW, she is a former winner of one of those talent shows (Australian Idol, X-Factor, The Voice, etc). I never watch them so I don't know which one she was on.

We will find out soon enough...I bet Australia will win next year...or maybe China

Most entries this year won some talent show (our won one too)....weird competition, only like 2 or 3 songs were not sang on english language, out of 42

OI!!!

We will find out soon enough...I bet Australia will win next year...or maybe China

Most entries this year won some talent show (our won one too)....weird competition, only like 2 or 3 songs were not sang on english language, out of 42

It turns out Denmark screwed up their votes. :D Australia would have only lost by a paltry 9 points had they voted as they had intended!

http://cphpost.dk/news/culture/hopeless-hilda-ensures-eurovision-drama-continues.html

OI!!!

It turns out Denmark screwed up their votes. :D Australia would have only lost by a paltry 9 points had they voted as they had intended!

http://cphpost.dk/news/culture/hopeless-hilda-ensures-eurovision-drama-continues.html

I still don't like none of the top 3 songs :P Lithuania should have been higher and Iceland and Denmark should have been in the final instead of Georgia (who got 12 points from UK - those people must be blind and deaf)...oh well...it's over now, let's wait and see what Ukraine will bring in 2017

Organizing a contest in the middle of a warzone it will be Dublin 1980 all over again.

Organizing a contest in the middle of a warzone it will be Dublin 1980 all over again.

Next year, Russia will win as they will literally have the tanks parked on the doorstep for security.

Kyiv is not a warzone, though.

Such a racist competition, you never see black people. And they have the cheek to invite Australia in it. They should let Syria in the eurovison song contest, given that half of the Syrian population now lives in Calais.

• Like 1

Big one!

The first Dutch winner of the Eurovision song contest Corry Brokken died at the age of 83. She won the event in 1957.

Big one!

The first Dutch winner of the Eurovision song contest Corry Brokken died at the age of 83. She won the event in 1957.

Sad news. Coincidentally, just last month there was a story on the BBC on Patricia Bredin: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-36289392

Edit: One DDP team await a qo, which is possible as Corry presented the 1976 show which was won by the UK.

The Norwegian conductor Terje Fjaern has died aged 73, He conducted the orchestra for Bobbysocks first ever Norwegian win with Let It Swing in 1985. Link is in Norwegian.

Sverre Kjelsberg who competed for Norway in 1980 has died at the age of 69. No cause of death, but he had been suffering from cancer from which he was in remission since 2015. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressen.se%2Fnoje%2Fnorska-artisten-sverre-kjelsberg-ar-dod%2F&edit-text=

Sámiid Ædnan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjyD0r2ijUA

Edit: He's not the guy in the natty outfit and boots. I got that wrong at first, he's the guy with the guitar by the looks of it.

Brian Kennedy, who represented Ireland at Eurovision 2006 is suffering from rectal cancer.

The article also helpfully mentions that Brian's brother, the singer/songwriter Bap Kennedy, is receiving palliative care for pancreatic cancer :skull: . (He's keeping a blog but hasn't updated it since 1st September...)

The article also helpfully mentions that Brian's brother, the singer/songwriter Bap Kennedy, is receiving palliative care for pancreatic cancer :skull: . (He's keeping a blog but hasn't updated it since 1st September...)

I was hoping that one would sneak under the radar for a unique pick.

• Like 1