14 minutes ago, time said:

"Sweeny" is mis-spelled but "Steve" is correct isn't it?

My use of ‘either’ refers to Steve Sweeney or the other Steve Sweeney (simply put, she is paying tribute to one of them and despite that didn’t take the time to get the name right).

2 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

My use of ‘either’ refers to Steve Sweeney or the other Steve Sweeney (ie her spelling gave us no clue).

Ah, I misinterpreted your post, sorry 'bout that.

1 minute ago, time said:

Ah, I misinterpreted your post, sorry 'bout that.

No worries, all good….

I’d be worried for anyone who could mess up spelling Steve…. :)

1 minute ago, Dead Wait said:

No worries, all good….

I’d be worried for anyone who could mess up spelling Steve…. :)

Many years ago I had a schoolfriend named Stephen who, on being questions by a teacher if he knew anything about the name "Steve" being scratched into a (wooden) desk, tried to convince him he spelled his abbreviated name as "Stephe". Admittedly, the chances of you and he being the same person are pretty slim, but its not impossible.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

My use of ‘either’ refers to Steve Sweeney or the other Steve Sweeney (simply put, she is paying tribute to one of them and despite that didn’t take the time to get the name right).

As far as I know, the only way to edit a tweet is to delete the whole post and start again.  So I wouldn't be too critical.

14 hours ago, Toast said:

As far as I know, the only way to edit a tweet is to delete the whole post and start again.  So I wouldn't be too critical.

The Boer in his infinite wisdom decided to add an edit button, but only for those who shill out 8 dollars per month.

• Thanks 1

Still no official word on which (if any) Steve Sweeney has died. You'd have thought, given the ambiguity, that someone (an agent or management company perhaps) would have clarified by now. Anyway, someone has posted on Twitter that the UK Steve was 61. (eta - The independent has also updated it's report to amend his age to 61)