Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Although it would've been much better if she had been a unique pick but oh well...

Yeah those sodding theme teams'll get ya, there should be a rule change about that, people deliberately pick obscure people for theme teams... it is only 3 points at the end of the day though.

My theme team for 2015 is going to be "people who I think will die but won't get obituaries".

My theme team for 2015 is going to be "people who I think will die but won't get obituaries".

Very brave, best of luck with that.

That sounds like a sure fire winner; almost as sure-fire as my Serving Heads of State team; which at this rate will be a roll over with a altered name.

I'm sitting back and thinking about the inevitiable here .. I'm livid. I'm sweating profusely and I don't know what the fuck to think here. I''ll probably end up screaming in my sleep but even if my team doesn't reappear I'll be here. The world today in 2014 .. has anything changed? If it has, I thought it was like that a few years ago. "You're fine as long as you ain't dead" so keep the forum alive and stay lively folks. Mary knows what it's about. :lol:

I'm sitting back and thinking about the inevitiable here .. I'm livid. I'm sweating profusely and I don't know what the fuck to think here. I''ll probably end up screaming in my sleep but even if my team doesn't reappear I'll be here. The world today in 2014 .. has anything changed? If it has, I thought it was like that a few years ago. "You're fine as long as you ain't dead" so keep the forum alive and stay lively folks. Mary knows what it's about. :lol:

Pished, high, mid-life crisis? Answers on a postcard please.

• Like 1

"All this depite being death from the age of eight. She died aged 101."

Kathleen Ollerenshaw must have been a busy grim reaper with all that time in service, who's replacing her?

• Like 1

I wish Banshees Scream was my dad.

(*gets carted off to loonie bin*)

Andrew Madoff has gone,, according US news reports.

One of my DDP picks is appearing in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Sam Simon?

• Like 2

One of my DDP picks is appearing in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Sam Simon?

It is actaully Steve Backshall and whilst he is poncing around with a fake tan he won't be heading off into the wilderness of Steve Irwin land.

re: former DDP pick Donatas Banionis who died yesterday, I was gonna say "That's one you can stick on the list of the lost right away" but then I realised he wasn't picked again this year. Probably doesn't even warrant an article on the Film4 website nevermind BBC or whatever. Although he did get one from the Onion's A.V. Club in the US.

Shocking the people some expect to get qualifying obits sometimes...

We're up again...

Any progress on your replacement yet tmib? it seems were creeping up ever closer to the run up to the next year to settle in you indicated in your departing missive.

Right now it looks certain for a record number of hits this year . At the same time 1st place could end up being a sub 100 point total thanks to the stubbornness of Valerie Harper,Wilko Johnson,Sam Simon and Rev Billy Graham.

We're up again...

Your headline & caption for Attenborough really made me laugh. And I forgot he helped launched Channel 4, that's a lot more than BBC's shitty half-arsed TV report told me. (Obviously, muttered comments about whether that's a good thing or not will inevitably follow given what C4's been like over the last few years.)

Also, I still think it's possible we could lose nearly half of the Drop Forty by the end.

We're up again...

Your headline & caption for Attenborough really made me laugh. And I forgot he helped launched Channel 4, that's a lot more than BBC's shitty half-arsed TV report told me. (Obviously, muttered comments about whether that's a good thing or not will inevitably follow given what C4's been like over the last few years.)

Also, I still think it's possible we could lose nearly half of the Drop Forty by the end.

Just done a slight tweak of the page to show how many have gone so far...

German showmaster and actor Joachim Fuchsberger died today at age 87.

I'm sure that he will get an UK orbit but for now there is only a German one:

http://www.spiegel.d...t-a-991043.html

I guess this one will do: http://variety.com/2014/film/news/german-film-tv-star-joachim-fuchsberger-dies-at-87-1201304443/

The best of my three teams is in 48th place.

I really need Richard Adams to meet the Black Rabbit.