Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2015

Assuming Denise Marshall gets her Guardian society section obit, this would put The Living End back on top of the DDP for the first time since....?

...2013!

I'm not getting carried away though, as there's barely a mention of her sad passing outside the twitterverse.

Always a tricky one that, deciding which surname to put under. There's no hard and fast rule for it...

Not a criticism TMIB, just making it quick and fast to find. :)

I'm not sure whether that Denise Marshall is even dead. I've looked on Google and there's no mention of her passing anywhere. Not even enough info to put her on the list of the lost...

I'm not sure whether that Denise Marshall is even dead. I've looked on Google and there's no mention of her passing anywhere. Not even enough info to put her on the list of the lost...

DDT can probably confirm but the twitter I saw was from David Lammy MP, thought that was a good enough source. She'll come off the round up next time anyway.

DDT can probably confirm but the twitter I saw was from David Lammy MP, thought that was a good enough source. She'll come off the round up next time anyway.

There is also this.

Well, at least I have a date of death now...

Last Friday I completed my profiles of those people on my 2016 teams who were not picked for 2015.

Including one Joy Wright.

However it does solve one dilemma: that of the picture. The woman is never pictured alone it is either with her sisters or her husband.

Latest update...

• Like 1

Wow, Tommy Jay Survives isn't #1 anymore.

Hasn't had a hit since April, though, so I'm not surprised.

So, the best part of 4 months left, and there's 8 points separating the greatest ever player, the unstoppable force of the last few years, a newcomer giving it a damn good shot and unheralded (as of late) regulars slowly sneaking up on the chasing pack.

They have left:

DDT – Blazer, Crowe, Derby-Lewis, Dignam, Drummond (?), Gross, Clive J (think he’ll survive), Lee Kun Hee (issues?), Scullion, Frank van den Bleeken (not dying), Jacques Villeneuve Sr (back racing)

TJS – Aherne (better), Crowe, Granger, Gross, Odjick, Beitzel, Bryan Murray, Sultan, Whitworth

Spade – Crowe, Dignam, Granger, Kara, Kwouk, Boggs, Jock Scott, Zorreguieta, Travis (on mend), Van Den Bleeken (not dying), Shivdasani

Star Dust – Aherne (better), Berkowitz, Fawkes, Graham, Granger, Odjick, Robbins, Sakamoto (recovering), Seselj, MT Moore, Willett

Which suggests Blazer, Odjick, Kara, Jock Scott (and obit) are pivotal dying folk at this point.

Odjick ain't going to be pivotal, all the way back in January he revealed his previous months to live prognosis was upgraded to about three years.

TBH I'm surprised my lead lasted that long. especially given the continued lingering of my joker Crowe. I could still regain the lead should he go, but I suspect he's my only real hope of a further hit at this point, with Beitzel and Gross as maybes. Already described Odjick's situation, Granger and Murray are terminal but seem stable enough to last another four months, and the rest seem recovered from the maladies I chose them for.

But for the time being, props to DDT.

Pivotal in that Spade and DDT don't have him, whereas you did! But then you seem to be right he's going the slow route.

It does look like its DDP's to lose now, especially with a number of teetering potentials. But you never know. All very intriguing, says this also ran.

I wonder if this year someone is going to break 100 pts. The winner usually did. All the easy ways to do that lead through Martin Crowe's death. And with him, TJS is still a likely winner, mostly because I think that Christy Dignam is safe for 2015 (but not beyond), so that other teams need multiple hits to surpass him. Yes, there are cases like Leo Scullion or Ed Drummond, but then TJS still has Harry Beitzel. So in terms of probability, it's a wash. Golden Slumbers still has a chance, with Monty Brinson and Goran Hadzic (plus Martin Crowe). DQSP, Star Dust and Going Underground (and everyone else) are out, in my very personal opinion.

To be honest, since about February I've thought that my chances of winning the DDP this year would depend on one thing: the health of Catherine Wybourne. She's still holding out there, I think she'll make 2016.

I had a dream that I managed to win by virtue of an obituary for Ed Drummond appearing in the Daily Telegraph on 31st December.

• Like 1