Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Another day, another drug frenzy drives the Daily Express back into la-la land, or summat

_132865736_cropexpress0803.png-nc.png.we

And, yeah - I take Crem's point above that Reach PLC (formlerly Trinity Mirror) are their owners for the last six years. But stand by my point. The Express is down to a die-hard audience of ageing Tories fond of Britain-first ideas and rhetoric. Their circulation is - crudely - about 12% of what it was 35 years ago and their case is more desperate than most other dailies since their readership are - on average - older and more present in God's waiting room. So long as they go on believing the front pages, some of them might die happy, mind

• Haha 1

The Daily Express are about as accurate about the state of the UK economy as they are about the UK weather.

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I know this will be an honest mistake on your part, but you appear to have posted the same story twice in 4 hours, both times without comment... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I bet you a groat that the one who's done that is from a posher family than Arthur Balfour.

• Like 2

Just now, Sly Ronnie said:

I bet you a groat that the one who's done that is from a posher family than Arthur Balfour.

99.9%. Most political protestors are middle class now a days. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

99.9%. Most political protestors are middle class now a days. 

Source?

/pedant hat on

nowadays

/hat off

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Source?

/pedant hat on

nowadays

/hat off

Good luck getting anything useful out of that tosser.

• Haha 1

I don't get the damaging art either; people will just hate you and associate your cause with destruction.

The environmental movement does this a lot. I'll do their tangible asks: I walk/take public transit; I use reusable bags: what else do you want me to do?

They'll still spraypaint and break glass all over the riverbanks. How is that environmentally friendly? Who wants to clean up their mess? Who is going to be forced to clean up their mess? And they don't get it that in the poorer neighborhoods, oftentime parks will get fenced up or the museum/library hours will be diminished because their actions are too costly. (and I worked in groups of these activists before, and I won't again).

Green Peace destroying the Nazca lines and being all "oops" about it was a particular wtf. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/dec/10/peru-press-charges-greenpeace-nazca-lines-stunt No one likes you when you do this. And it's never clear what their asks are in these situations. Often, they aren't the oppressed group, so people will think "wow black people/Palestinians/etc act really chaotic" when no one in that demographic was even involved. So the oppressed group's reputation will never improve; meanwhile these destroyers can just jot down their "activism" on their resumes and move on with their lives.

People associate positive actions with wanting to be around those things more, and have more positive thoughts and want to help.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, TQR said:

Good luck getting anything useful out of that tosser.

Oh I know, but I just can't let it slide sometimes.

If it's yet another Opinion Stated As Fact - it really, really grinds my gears and I'll probably never be able to let it go.

If it's just terrible English and he means it as an opinion - It ought to be called out until he learns to preface it with "I think" or some equivalent. It's still pointless shite but at least not factually incorrect.

I honestly don't know which it is and have little hope of actually correcting it, but one has to try.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oh I know, but I just can't let it slide sometimes.

If it's yet another Opinion Stated As Fact - it really, really grinds my gears and I'll probably never be able to let it go.

If it's just terrible English and he means it as an opinion - It ought to be called out until he learns to preface it with "I think" or some equivalent. It's still pointless shite but at least not factually incorrect.

I honestly don't know which it is and have little hope of actually correcting it, but one has to try.

Completely agree and wish you the best of luck; when I tried countless times to do the same, I ended up blocking him as he is clearly a troll.

• Like 1

More evidence than Susan Hall could win the London Mayoral election. 

More evidence that The Old Crem is one something even stronger than those working at the Daily Express.

• Like 1

I have Crem on block and the cunt is still making this forum a much worse place to be.

“You’ve chosen to ignore content by The Old Crem”

in every interesting thread with unread posts, and everyone quoting him on how much shit he comes out with.

@The Old Crem, please, PLEEEASE, find another forum to piss away all your time on.

Alternatively…

Mods, please, PLEEEASE, you banned Iain for this kind of thing. Crem adds nothing but misery to this forum, you know it and so does he.

• Like 3

Yep. There's a shock.

30p Lee and Richard "Pound Shop Farage" Tice press conference.

What is it with the coinage comparisons? And how do they inflation-proof themselves?

Anderson says he's speaking up for millions of people. Nah. Many racists certainly.

• Like 2

2 birds 1 stone: he sinks his career and the Tory party's future faster in one sweep.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TQR said:

@The Old Crem, please, PLEEEASE, find another forum to piss away all your time on.

Alternatively…

Mods, please, PLEEEASE, you banned Iain for this kind of thing. Crem adds nothing but misery to this forum, you know it and so does he.

Agreed.

@The Old Crem please stop clogging the forum up with every tweet you see. Or else it can and will go to time off/mod preview.

• Thanks 8

Seems to be the story of my life that the more I try to fit in the more I find that I really should just disappear entirely. 

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Seems to be the story of my life that the more I try to fit in the more I find that I really should just disappear entirely. 

44154d1498482895-haiku-thread-tiny-violi

Putting my 'This isn't a troll I'm talking to' hat on for one second because, even if you're not being genuine, this kind of ideation can be triggering for anyone else struggling with feelings of wanting to disappear.

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

- Absolutely not this.

- "Trying to fit in" is a problematic term. Everyone should be different from everyone, that's what makes the world a vibrant and interesting place.

- The source of frustration here is your constant unqualified tweet-sharing, your doom-mongering, your habit of posing ill-founded opinion as fact, your bizarre sweeping generalisations based on absolutely nothing, your pedantry, your excessive posting on one topic and, crucially, your complete disregard of everyone who repeatedly tells you to stop one or multiple of these. If multiple people in a diverse environment point out the same things to you multiple times, maybe consider what they say?

- When some of us tell you to get out in the world and broaden your horizons, it is said because it really will help you. You'll have a new social outlet, and a vital different perspective. The obsessive doomscrolling on 'news' sources and forums leaves you twisted. This is meant to be a place to wile away a few spare moments, not a lifestyle.

- Not everything is bad. You just have to pay attention to the good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1