Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

1 hour ago, charon said:

Clocks go back this weekend tho Shaun.

*Forward

• Like 3

Theresa's statement on today's incident mentioned Human Rights. That would mean the manifesto pledge to repeal the Human Rights Act and possibly withdraw from the International Convention, Theresa? Another pledge which you have broken. And which means the UK remains in breach of several decisions of the European Court on Human Rights.

Yep, still a capable bunch, this Government....

• Like 1

7 arrests made. 

Presumably it was a warning shot attack for something bigger. 

• Like 1

Or.....its his friends and family...

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Theresa's statement on today's incident mentioned Human Rights. That would mean the manifesto pledge to repeal the Human Rights Act and possibly withdraw from the International Convention, Theresa? Another pledge which you have broken. And which means the UK remains in breach of several decisions of the European Court on Human Rights.

Fuck the European Court of Human Rights.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fuck the European Court of Human Rights.

I've seen them, no ta.

Similar attack in Antwerp a couple of hours back. Belgian police far more efficient...

15 minutes ago, charon said:

Similar attack in Antwerp a couple of hours back. Belgian police far more efficient...

To be fair...

Allegedly, people had to flee out of the vehicles path so were fortunate not to end up dead. 

Belgium is and was already at a heightened state of alert due to previous attacks and it was armed soldiers, previously put onto the streets, that stopped the terrorist going any further with the attack.

After London yesterday it would be bollocks not to assume that, pretty much, all major Euro cities were on an even heightened alert meaning that the Belgian response would have been quicker.

Westminster Bridge has been reopened because we have to carry on and there is no fucking way on Planet Earth the Police or anybody else is really going to stop somebody hiring a 2016 Hyundai Tuscon from Enterprise Rentacar and playing Deathrace 2000 through any pedestrianised British High St, let alone Westminster Bridge.

Finally, the terrorist got through the open gate to confront those Coppers because it had been opened to allow the acting Met Commisioner to exit after a meeting, hence he witnessed the attack and cannot lead the Police inquiry as he is now a material witness.

Just to balance things and stuff old chap. :)

• Like 1

To be honest, he managed to kill less people than one Glasgow binman did by accident. Crap terrorist.

• Like 6

Nah, apprehended even tho far better armed than the London boy, name, nationality and ethnicity released already. More efficient. Not buying the other cities being heightened because of yesterday, they are just better prepared. London for the last 40 years is set up to capture the folk afterwards, and all the CCTV in the World is fuck all use re suicide missions.

54 minutes ago, charon said:

Nah, apprehended even tho far better armed than the London boy, name, nationality and ethnicity released already. More efficient. Not buying the other cities being heightened because of yesterday, they are just better prepared. London for the last 40 years is set up to capture the folk afterwards, and all the CCTV in the World is fuck all use re suicide missions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2540999/berlin-attacker-anis-amri-spotted-strolling-belgian-railway-station/

Yep, those Europeans Belgians, fuck all gets past them!!! :D

18 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Now I'm a bit more awake, those who voted to "fuck the European Court of Human Rights" in the charming phrase of our beloved LFN have had their votes wasted because of this manifesto pledge being broken. Note that Amber Rudd carefully avoided using the phrase "human rights" in her earlier statement, probably because she doesn't believe in them at all.

Meantime, Government considering yet another deferral of pension rights by raising the state pension age. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

At this rate, possibly some of your kids will be working until they drop. And they won't even be a drummer for a world famous band...

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Now I'm a bit more awake, those who voted to "fuck the European Court of Human Rights" in the charming phrase of our beloved LFN have had their votes wasted because of this manifesto pledge being broken. Note that Amber Rudd carefully avoided using the phrase "human rights" in her earlier statement, probably because she doesn't believe in them at all.

Meantime, Government considering yet another deferral of pension rights by raising the state pension age. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

At this rate, possibly some of your kids will be working until they drop. And they won't even be a drummer for a world famous band...

So what exactly would YOU do about it?

Even now people are routinely living into their 80s and beyond. They retired at 65 and 20 years later they are still getting a state pension. 

The population is growing, people are living even longer and the state has to provide.

In the mean time everybody moans like fuck about the lack of funding for the NHS, Education, their council taxes going up and everything else in between.

We have a HUGE public sector that is, probably, still the biggest source of employment in the country.

We moan about the roads, the railways, the buses, the weather, we moan about people moaning.

So whats the answer? Do jack shit and worry about it tomorrow.

As it is, Ive got 15 yrs left to work and will have a basic state pension and a crap private one, forced on my by the Government even though it will pay me about £3.20 PCM.

My answer has been to live for today because I really have no idea about tomorrow.

My kids will have a harder time, my son is self employed and my daughter works for a motor insurer on 'ok' wages.

Im going to be a Grandad in August because my Son and his wife still feel that its worth bringing a child into the World, it has to be because there is always hope.

Fucking hell, no government will have it nailed on, not one of them. There isnt enough money to go around, there never will be.

This fucking carping about how shit everything is solves absolutely nothing. Ive had it very tough and Im now very lucky or I work fucking hard to have got to the point where I dont worry about money, mortality or if Tottenham will actually finish above the Gooners this year.

Yes, millions live below the poverty line, ive actually recently seen a family of Eastern Europeans living in an utter slum where they slept four to a room and the double bed mattress was that decayed and filthy I wanted to vomit.

They still wanted a phone line and superfast broadband.....

The World has never owed anybody a living, I know people on here who have had it really tough but have ploughed on.

We take care of those that really cannot do it by themselves, the rest of us have to get on with it and, frankly, to many people dont want to.

Yeah, the age of retirement will go up and it will go up in line with the average age we all live to, whats wrong with that??

Are you saying, come the year 2092 when the average lifespan is 102 years that people should still be retiring at 67?

Ok.

Everybody will have a view but nobody has any answers.

Shit happens.

• Like 1

I would withdraw all medical treatment for anybody over 70.

Solving the NHS and pensions and care home crisis in one fell swoop.

This is the solution that nobody dares talk about.

Just now, Grim Up North said:

I would withdraw all medical treatment for anybody over 70.

Solving the NHS and pensions and care home crisis in one fell swoop.

This is the solution that nobody dares talk about.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were approaching your 70th. 

• Like 1

I think I could accept it. Life is finite as are resources.

Keeping on pushing up the Pensions age is not dealing with the underlying problem.

Also Average Healthy Life Expectancy is only 63 whereas average Life Expectancy is about 80. I don't know exactly how the first term is defined but strikes me that the difference between the finances adding up and not adding up is the amount being spent keeping unhealthy people alive past the point when it is sensible.

Legalising Euthanasia would be another sensible proactive decision. 

EDIT: Probably not a great vote winner with the over 70s though I admit which is why nothing like this can b discussed (or anyone with an elderly relative either) - in other words what I think is a sensible way of dealing with the problem will never see the light of day in a political discussion.

Healthcare withdrawn? Nope. But I do think we should look at is withdrawing the old age pension in entirety. We can't control the lifespan , which is crippling every country in the World, so , if elected, I propose paying the current OAP rates once you hit 18, for say, 20 years. Then nothing. You can piss it up the wall, travel, invest it or whatever, but you get fuck all after the initial payments are up. Not even dole. Would ensure more housing on the market and would be a fixed cost, not a crippling uncertainty.

1 minute ago, charon said:

Healthcare withdrawn? Nope. But I do think we should look at is withdrawing the old age pension in entirety. We can't control the lifespan , which is crippling every country in the World, so , if elected, I propose paying the current OAP rates once you hit 18, for say, 20 years. Then nothing. You can piss it up the wall, travel, invest it or whatever, but you get fuck all after the initial payments are up. Not even dole. Would ensure more housing on the market and would be a fixed cost, not a crippling uncertainty.

I have this image of you going round the streets in a van looking for oldies hiding away in cellars and the like, a sort of child catcher for OAPs :lol:

If they raise the Pensions age to 70 then they are doing what you suggest for about 25% of the population anyway (although they never make that point in the discussions either).

Only English ones lfn , only English ones....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, charon said:

Only English ones lfn , only English ones....

Cunt. ;)

I don't think scrapping the pension entirely is fair. People need a safety net throughout their lives. However, the national insurance contribution should be rolled into income tax. 

Treat it like any other benefit, provide enough to live on and if they want more than that, work for it - either by investing in a private pension when your working or working part time in your retirement (if you can't do this you should be covered by some form of medical assistance anyway). 

LFN, LFN, LFN.

I'm not moaning, honest. Just pointing out a story that's getting buried under terrorist coverage.

I don't give two hoots about how everyone lives for today or not (a problem in itself), nor do I care about kids futures (not got any), the roads (don't drive), or even the weather.

They can't touch me anymore. But I do point out things that happen politically and appreciate the divergent views on here. It's not up to me to solve the issues, so don't ask me what I'd do.

I like a rant at the establishment, their hypocrisy, their idiocy. Doesn't everyone?

I'm just sad that in the sixth biggest economy in the world, we are still talking about poverty, still talking about avoiding taxes, still on that Thatcherite road of I'm all right Jack and sod the lot of you. And it's fucking millionaires telling you you can't have a job for life, you can't have a job where you know if you are working one day to the next, you can't have that pension you paid contributions for, you can't have a chance at buying that house because they're out of reach and you can take a hike in prices without a pay rise. And those same millionaires can't even keep their promises in a manifesto.

It's all good stuff and if they did a better job, I'd have nothing to put here.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

As it is, Ive got 15 yrs left to work and will have a basic state pension and a crap private one, forced on my by the Government even though it will pay me about £3.20 PCM.

Is that the people's pension? You can opt out of it.

It's in it's entirety designed to cut the long term cost of the state pension. Let's hope it never goes bust.

https://thepeoplespension.co.uk/employees/joining-the-peoples-pension/opting-out-of-auto-enrolment/

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

LFN, LFN, LFN.

I'm not moaning, honest. Just pointing out a story that's getting buried under terrorist coverage.

I don't give two hoots about how everyone lives for today or not (a problem in itself), nor do I care about kids futures (not got any), the roads (don't drive), or even the weather.

They can't touch me anymore. But I do point out things that happen politically and appreciate the divergent views on here. It's not up to me to solve the issues, so don't ask me what I'd do.

I like a rant at the establishment, their hypocrisy, their idiocy. Doesn't everyone?

I'm just sad that in the sixth biggest economy in the world, we are still talking about poverty, still talking about avoiding taxes, still on that Thatcherite road of I'm all right Jack and sod the lot of you. And it's fucking millionaires telling you you can't have a job for life, you can't have a job where you know if you are working one day to the next, you can't have that pension you paid contributions for, you can't have a chance at buying that house because they're out of reach and you can take a hike in prices without a pay rise. And those same millionaires can't even keep their promises in a manifesto.

It's all good stuff and if they did a better job, I'd have nothing to put here.

Why do you blame Governments for the 'Im all right Jack' shtick?

Isnt that down to society? The less caring 'fuck you lot' society?

The only thing Governments, and particularly the Thatcher Government, could be accused of would be to raise peoples aspirations.

No longer would you have to pay rent on a council house, you could own it, no 20 year old shit heap leaking oil on the road, you could get easy credit for a new car etc etc.

Isnt that why millions of people have schlepped across the globe to this Island and other nations where they see a better future?

Why else would millions of Poles and Eastern Europeans leave what they know to come here and start over.

Those fucking millionaires employ those Poles and Eastern Europeans, they employ me, my daughter, my wife and tens of millions of people in this country.

Those fucking millionaires create the wealth to create our jobs and pay our wages and, through those wages, the Government gets tax revenue to pay for people like me to have free healthcare and, in the past, schooling.

I need not elaborate on how those fucking millionaires generate finance to allow people to get mortgages, loans and help prop up businesses in times of hardship.

Those contributions you make are not just for pensions any more than road tax duty is for the roads, those contributions have to pay for schools, hospitals, roads, councils and public sector pay. IF your public sector is bigger than your private sector and the private sector isnt producing then the country is fucked.

Those fucking millionaires are a necessary evil, i dont begrudge the rich, never have and never will.

The rich are not necessarily to blame for a money grabbing society and certainly not to blame for not ensuring that people 'have jobs for life'.

Mike Ashley may be a w***er but he employs an awful lot of people in this country. Maybe he would be better off sacking the UK and shifting his business to somewhere like Vietnam where he can pay people 20p an hour and maximize his profit margins.....

Without millionaires we would be a third world shit hole.

I know where I would rather see my Grand child born to.