Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

2 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Brexit Article 50 formally signed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-29/theresa-may-signs-article-50-triggering-brexit/8395944

You are setting out on your journey, Brits. There is no turning back now...  :blink:

Brexit means Brexit and they're going to make a mess of it...

• Like 1

Well, long story short:

If it goes well, the Tories reap the benefits and shape Britain in their image.

If it goes badly, the Tories reap the benefits and shape Britain in their image.

• Like 4

I somewhat admire May for her steadfastness. I mean, that referendum could have been put into a coma and would have forgotten about it. Scotland is going to quit but she doesn't care. Britain will now become an even bigger slave of the City.

Somehow, this is not how history was supposed to happen. Like Trump's presidency.

Speaking of the trump presidency the house voted to allow ISPs to sell your history without your consent in America.

I haven't seen sight or sound of Kenneth Clarke lately despite the triggering of article 50. He must be ill .Surely he wouldn't miss out on talking about this big news otherwise ! Heseltines on tv every day but no sign of Clarke ! If anyone has seen or heard of him please let me know

After all 2 of this parliaments 4   longest serving MPs Michael Meacher and Gerald Kaufman have died and they do say everything comes in three's ...

Possible famous last words but I'd be less surprised to see Skinner go first, of the two. He has had cancer/heart issues in the past, and had some health issues a year or two back as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Possible famous last words but I'd be less surprised to see Skinner go first, of the two. He has had cancer/heart issues in the past, and had some health issues a year or two back as well.

This would be supported by the statistics about Labour vs Conservative by-elections caused by deaths in office.

Ken Clarke is keeping his powder dry for something methinks.

Or he's drinking whisky somewhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Did you actually see the interview?

At no stage did he suggest or even hint that we would 'go to war' with Spain over the Rock.

He was actually making a comparison, for better or worse, between May and Thatcher and their similarities in how they have/will fiercely protect the rights of people wishing to remain part of the UK.

This will also extend to the rights of Scotland to have another Independence vote which hasnt been refused.

This is another example of the Press and the Media trying to fuck over the Government, a  Government I dont really like, but hey ho.

If you believe all that you read, the UK is on its knees, unemployment is at an all time high, businesses are folding left, right and centre and everybody is leaving the Country to go and live in the more prosperous EU.

Naturally, as the Tories would do, they have decided to go to War with Spain ( Aircraft Carriers are waiting to leave Plymouth as we speak ) to cover up our sinking into the pit of despair or summat.

Dont believe all that you read.

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Did you actually see the interview?

At no stage did he suggest or even hint that we would 'go to war' with Spain over the Rock.

He was actually making a comparison, for better or worse, between May and Thatcher and their similarities in how they have/will fiercely protect the rights of people wishing to remain part of the UK.

This will also extend to the rights of Scotland to have another Independence vote which hasnt been refused.

This is another example of the Press and the Media trying to fuck over the Government, a  Government I dont really like, but hey ho.

If you believe all that you read, the UK is on its knees, unemployment is at an all time high, businesses are folding left, right and centre and everybody is leaving the Country to go and live in the more prosperous EU.

Naturally, as the Tories would do, they have decided to go to War with Spain ( Aircraft Carriers are waiting to leave Plymouth as we speak ) to cover up our sinking into the pit of despair or summat.

Dont believe all that you read.

No, didn't see the full interview, thanks. It has certainly made waves, though: it is now being reported around the world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

No, didn't see the full interview, thanks. It has certainly made waves, though: it is now being reported around the world.

News has been a tad light of late........... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

News has been a tad light of late........... :)

The other aspect of it, though, is that irrespective of what was actually said by the politician, it has stirred up a whole lot of tossers baying for blood among the Daily Mail readership.  See the general vibe of the comments (over 5000 of them!) on this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4372666/Fallon-vows-defend-Gibraltar-way.html#comments

:(  :(  :( 

IMG_20170404_102310.thumb.jpg.7fcfa3e717

IMG_20170404_102313.thumb.jpg.e2714ee8b6

• Like 1

So Turkey voted for Erdogan's reforms. Around 52%/48% in favor. In Berlin, about two thirds of the Turkish population voted for him.... which is confusing me.... as if the people are drifting further apart instead of growing together. 

General Election in June , what a cow.

Well there goes my evenings for the next two months, cheers Theresa.

Don't post any spoilers - can't wait to see who might win this one!

2015 - the death of the Liberal Democrats now the sequel 

2017 - the death of Labour?

This Labour campaign is going to be more embarrassing than the last one which says everything you need to know.

It's going to be a massacre - very sad.

The Death of Labour was twenty years ago....this is The Death of New Labour.

• Like 1

Nah, this is manna for Blue Labour, it's a full-blown humiliation for the last vestiges of Beer and Sandwiches Labour. Guacamole and chips from hereon in.

Gut feeling - Labour to keep around 140 seats at worst as their vote is spread heavily in places like London/North. Lib dems to make spirited comeback. Tories to win majority by default. SNP to lose seats where Tories/Lib Dem challenge is serious (so maybe a half-dozen tops?) not in any ex-Labour seat.

Hmm, where's the poll that says the British people want a General Election?

Surely there is no appetite for it.

Oh, it's ok for Scotland not to have votes on what their Parliament wants, but ok for the Government to breach their own UK Act they only passed a few years ago.

(Don't get me wrong, May looks more incompetent and out of her depth every day. I don't think she'll get the majority she wants.)

• Like 1