Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Meantime David Cameron (remember him?) says he won the General Election fair and square. No, you constituency-abandoning chump, you thought that creative accounting would allow you to spend more in constituencies than was permitted by law. It's like tax avoidance for the electoral system.

Theresa (remember her?) is on her feet and ahead of the local elections announces she has "plans" to sort out high energy bills which will be revealed "very soon". Why not now? "Give me your vote in the local elections and we'll sort out capitalism and monopoly, promise" wouldn't cut it for me.

Still awaiting her so called demolition of Scottish Independence...

Look, I know you hate the Tories but why do you think Labour and the Lib Dems havent been making a song and dance about this??

They were ALL at it, all cheating the system, all creative accounting.

The Tories got found out fair and square but lets not start shitting over one Party when they were all at it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Look, I know you hate the Tories but why do you think Labour and the Lib Dems havent been making a song and dance about this??

They were ALL at it, all cheating the system, all creative accounting.

The Tories got found out fair and square but lets not start shitting over one Party when they were all at it.

No, let's. Cameron takes personal smug gloating credit for the Tory win, I was merely pointing out him and his party were breaking the law while doing it.

For the record once again, I think all political parties are at it in some form or another and have consistently criticised Labour and the Lib Dems too. It's just easier to criticise the Tories because they are in power. Go on, persuade the country to vote in another party in Government at Westminster and they'll come top of my vitriolic aim.

46 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No, let's. Cameron takes personal smug gloating credit for the Tory win, I was merely pointing out him and his party were breaking the law while doing it.

For the record once again, I think all political parties are at it in some form or another and have consistently criticised Labour and the Lib Dems too. It's just easier to criticise the Tories because they are in power. Go on, persuade the country to vote in another party in Government at Westminster and they'll come top of my vitriolic aim.

I think they are all fucking useless so id not be making any recommendations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I think they are all fucking useless so id not be making any recommendations.

He he, exactly. I don't know which is worse, Cameron and Tristram Hunt abandoning their constituents, or Osborne staying and devoting his time to his speaking engagements and the Standard job.

It's all vile.

The problem with this country is the press. The press have hounded politicians and demonised them for so long know that nobody sane wants to put up with that level of scrutiny, hassle etc, so we are ran by the very few insane people left who wake up and decide they want to be a politician.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

The problem with this country is the press. The press have hounded politicians and demonised them for so long know that nobody sane wants to put up with that level of scrutiny, hassle etc, so we are ran by the very few insane people left who wake up and decide they want to be a politician.

Or in Osborne's case, both journalist and politician.

(Yeah I know most MPs do some sort of column or occasional comment, but they don't normally end up doing both full time).

Horrific scenes outside Parliament, with a possible shooting and knife attack and people mowed down on Westminster Bridge.

I'd like to point out, I'm at home in Scotland...

22 minutes ago, charon said:

There has been a terrorist attack against the heart of our democracy, whatever your political beliefs. 1 police office has been seriously injured, up to 12 innocent pedestrians have been mowed down on Westminster Bridge, and you think that's appropriate? Confused.

• Like 3

English copper knifed , English Parliament shut down.... What's not to like......

First time Theresa's heard shots that weren't Vogue cameras clicking.

Edit: Too soon?

Be carefull those of you who are in London today. This could actually be a distraction from something else.

Holyrood and debate on indyref suspended.

1 hour ago, charon said:

English copper knifed , English Parliament shut down.... What's not to like......

England doesn't have its own Parliament.

Eta, one woman died in the incident. Still 'excellent'?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charon said:

Yes let's rejoice in the death of a man who died saving people from a lunatic. Not like he had a family or anything. 

• Like 2

I try to keep it political here. A lot of my friends are English, I lived there for two years and some of my best holidays have been there.

It's the system, man, the system.

Time and Mr Hatter.... Pedestrians are cyclists without bikes. No great loss. And the copper is a shame as there was more than one there.

Much as I despise the filth North of the Border, at least they no longer pledge allegiance to 'her'. Fuck them all.

Willz, a copper 'is' political. A poor lifestyle choice, one step behind the English Armed Forces. Even tho wee Mertin was a sell out quitter, for a long time he did correctly see them as 'legitimate targets'. And even tho this will be two lone bams, the fact that a politzi died doesn't exactly fill me with horror.

Ah, I thought you were making a point more about Englishness rather than profession.

Nope. Innocent this time. Some of my favourite things are English. Did laugh at MP saying "our thoughts should be with our staff". Aye , cos they're your wife and kids ya freeloading cunto.

38 minutes ago, charon said:

Nope. Innocent this time. Some of my favourite things are English. Did laugh at MP saying "our thoughts should be with our staff". Aye , cos they're your wife and kids ya freeloading cunto.

Yeah, like me.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charon said:

Time and Mr Hatter.... Pedestrians are cyclists without bikes. No great loss. And the copper is a shame as there was more than one there.

Much as I despise the filth North of the Border, at least they no longer pledge allegiance to 'her'. Fuck them all.

Do you really believe this, or are you just trolling?

If the latter, well done, drew me in good n proper, if the former, you're getting a bit close to zorders territory imo.

• Like 5

Lfn.... Without you in my life I wouldn't have been singing "I am a  linesman for the Countee " this last week, albeit with the added verse about stealing paintings off of deaf old codgers.

Time....zorders territory? Fuck off lol. Worldwide forum....2 most hated countries worldwide are the Imperialists and the Butchers Apron crowd. Lackeys for them and their demise are 'nice'.

Very dark day

• Like 1

Clocks go back this weekend tho Shaun.