Magere Hein

Death In The Family

My dad rang me up yesterday to tell me that he just found out he had a heart attack four weeks ago! Considering the family history - his father had a quadruple bypass a few years back, and his grandad died of a heart attack - I reckon Dad might be a fair bet for the list. He'd definitely get an obit in our local paper :angry2:

• Like 2

I got a text message from my best mate yesterday saying his sister had died. Darned shocker that, just 42 years old and being on Christmas day too. We were not that close these last twenty five or so years, but we did a whole load of growing up together.

RIP Sue

• Like 1

I got a text message from my best mate yesterday saying his sister had died. Darned shocker that, just 42 years old and being on Christmas day too. We were not that close these last twenty five or so years, but we did a whole load of growing up together.

RIP Sue

Sorry to hear that RA :(

My dad rang me up yesterday to tell me that he just found out he had a heart attack four weeks ago! Considering the family history - his father had a quadruple bypass a few years back, and his grandad died of a heart attack - I reckon Dad might be a fair bet for the list. He'd definitely get an obit in our local paper ;)

Deathrace points then, if you're planning a Dirty Dozen team.

A sad day in world of Parking in Plymouth today. We mourn the loss our colleague Alan, who for more years than I care to remember mended all the on and off street pay and display machines. Al retired only 17 months ago aged 58, and died from Cancer having fought the battle since he retired. He was 59.

In a mark of respect his call sign of Charlie Papa 25 will not be used by his colleagues for a short period.

A real rough diamond and ex Navy Boxer he will be sorely missed.

God speed Al.

• Like 1

We found out on Friday that my sister's brain tumour is now inoperable, and she has a couple of months left at best. Nothing much else to say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We found out on Friday that my sister's brain tumour is now inoperable, and she has a couple of months left at best. Nothing much else to say.

Sorry to hear this, may her time left be pain free and you as a family find strength to help her on her journey.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this, may her time left be pain free and you as a family find strength to help her on her journey.

Thank you ;) We're all still kind of disgesting the information, and thinking of ways we can best deal with the next few weeks in terms of practical and emotional help for her partner and children etc. But it's still all a bit raw so we're all a bit cautious as to what to do for the best.

Guest Guest

Thank you ;) We're all still kind of disgesting the information, and thinking of ways we can best deal with the next few weeks in terms of practical and emotional help for her partner and children etc. But it's still all a bit raw so we're all a bit cautious as to what to do for the best.

Wow, LB in "not so hard as nails" response

Dreadfull news, sorry to hear that. I'm sure I remember you first said that she was in a bad way over two years ago now so I think you may have to be thankfull in a way that you guys have had at least that time to make the best of what you could.

My advice would be to sort out a fun "bucket list" and see how far you can get her down it.

Bugger off you low life toad.

Hey it's cool, taken in the spirit I'm sure it was intended ;) (I must be mellowing in my old age!)

Thanks RA - she was first diagnosed in November 07, had huge amounts of chemo, radio and surgery and was clear for a little while, but it returned last year, she had more chemo which initially we thought was helping, but it wasn't to be.

Hey it's cool, taken in the spirit I'm sure it was intended ;) (I must be mellowing in my old age!)

Thanks RA - she was first diagnosed in November 07, had huge amounts of chemo, radio and surgery and was clear for a little while, but it returned last year, she had more chemo which initially we thought was helping, but it wasn't to be.

Perhaps I am a tad sensitive this week, coming up to my Dad's 15th anniversary... Makes me a feel, still, a bit like a lost little boy, he wasn't just my Dad, he was my best friend. I hope I am half the parent to my snotty as he was to me!

I am sure my normal insensitive side will return tuit de suite!

Lardy...really sorry to read this news, love to yourself and your sister.

May I also please add my belated best wishes and prayers to your sister and your family over the coming months.

Much respect regards the above.

Plymouth's gay scene is mourning one of ours today- Claire Banks- someone who I've known for some 14 years passed away at 1115am this morning from cancer. I make no excuse to admit that I openly cried when my partner rang me at work, and I had to gently return to the restroom from being on beat (thankfully I was with a female colleague). Claire is the first of our group to pass over. When I say group, I mean about 10 of us who started "Monday club", who would go out and drink and to hell with the results- I think I lost more Tuesdays thanks to Claire with hangovers!! I'll include my message from her facebook page.

Claire "Banksy" Banks, what can I say? We've laughed, we've cried, we've laughed tons more! We've mocked, been mocked, bitched, sank more alcohol than should have been humanly possible. And you fought, by god did you fight. We'll miss you my darling- god speed to the local in the sky. Where the Fosters is cold and music is loud. Lots of love Claire Bear, Phil and Darren xxxxxxx

Just a sense of shock around tonight.

• Like 1

LB, sorry to hear about your sister. It's never an easy time for any family, my thoughts are with you at this time.

Phil, sorry for your loss. Claire sounds like she was a great friend to have had. In the last two months I've lost four family members (yes, 2011 has started wonderfully here) including three very close ones (curse of a large family, I guess) so I can understand all too well how you'd feel.

LB, I'm so sorry about your sister. I hope the time you have with her is joyful. You are in my thoughts.

She fell unconscious yesterday, admitted to hospital, now regained consciousness and stable, but sounds like she may already be into her last few days.

• Like 1

She fell unconscious yesterday, admitted to hospital, now regained consciousness and stable, but sounds like she may already be into her last few days.

So sorry to see that Lard. I can't think of any words that would help other than you and your sister are in my thoughts.

So sorry to see that Lard. I can't think of any words that would help other than you and your sister are in my thoughts.

I tried to find words of support, but when read back they all turned out shallow, so I must agree with HCW's.

regards,

Hein

Feeling very sad for you, Lardy.

Thanks :huh: Miraculously, we visited this afternoon and she is a completely different person from yesterday - awake, alert and being taken home. It seems a blip with her medication on Thursday night might have caused yesterday's problems - she is obviously still very sick and the tumour is growing at a rapid rate now, so she is nearing the end but perhaps not within the few days we and the doctors initially thought when we were at the hospital last night.

Posting here is actually helping, I hope nobody minds the updates.

• Like 1

No one minds. Please post as much as you feel you need to. We're here for you.

• Like 1

Love to you and your sister, Lard. My thoughts are with you both, and please continue to post.

• Like 1