Magere Hein

Death In The Family

I'm sorry for your loss, Godot. Even though I don't actually know you, I strongly suspect you added a lot of fun and mischief to his life on this earth, so please remember that.

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Godot. :crossbone:

Thanks again. Anyway we gave him a decent send off today. The church was packed. My only quibble was that there was no booze. I know he would have wanted booze there. I hope that doesn't happen when my time comes. I'm going to make plans.

I'm going to a funeral on Monday, chap that I used to get about in a little gang with when we were teenagers, dropped dead last week. Just goes to show, you never know what's round the corner, and you should take advantage of opportunities, and make sure you are happy and fulfilled while you have the chance.

Cheers, Chris :crossbone:

• Like 1

I'm going to a funeral on Monday, chap that I used to get about in a little gang with when we were teenagers, dropped dead last week. Just goes to show, you never know what's round the corner, and you should take advantage of opportunities, and make sure you are happy and fulfilled while you have the chance.

Cheers, Chris :rolleyes:

Well said LB, sorry to hear about your friend.

I don't usually do slush, but give your kids an extra hug today.

My friend's 18 year old son was killed in the early hours of today, lost control of his car on a bend.

There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

Life can be turned upside-down in an instant. Make the most of it while you can.

• Like 1

I don't usually do slush, but give your kids an extra hug today.

My friend's 18 year old son was killed in the early hours of today, lost control of his car on a bend.

There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

Life can be turned upside-down in an instant. Make the most of it while you can.

Went to a similar funeral about ten years back, with the added twist that the driver was there because we were burying his passenger, who had been presented with two options of going out on the same night and had opted out of a sense of loyalty for the one that ended up with him being killed.

Sad news Vaagheid, I'm sorry to hear it.

Condoleances.

Sorry to hear that Vaagheid. Remember to celebrate her life and think of how she enriched yours.

She may have passed but her contributions live on.

Go well.

Sorry to hear about your gran Vaagheid.

Sympathies from me Vaagheid, go well.

Sorry to hear about your Gran.

My condolences...

I spent an hour or so this afternoon digging a very deep hole in the garden in which to bury our little cat. He was only 14 months old but was no longer able to eat or drink as a result of multiple cancers caused by the feline AIDS virus which he had had probably since his birth. Following a (false) negative test result a month ago, today's diagnosis and sad ending was rather a shock. He was a gentle trusting friend and is very much missed by the humans in the family.

• Like 1

Oh it must be awful to say goodbye to a good friend so soon :ghost3:

• Like 1

I spent an hour or so this afternoon digging a very deep hole in the garden in which to bury our little cat. He was only 14 months old but was no longer able to eat or drink as a result of multiple cancers caused by the feline AIDS virus which he had had probably since his birth. Following a (false) negative test result a month ago, today's diagnosis and sad ending was rather a shock. He was a gentle trusting friend and is very much missed by the humans in the family.

Really sorry to hear that CO :ghost3: .

:ghost3: That's so sad, CO. I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, Cap'n.

• Like 1

I spent an hour or so this afternoon digging a very deep hole in the garden ...

Ooh... cats *love* holes! Ah... yes... well... :lol: My condolences CO, we all know how much you love your pussies.

grizou_small.jpg

RIP Grizou

Thank you for your kind thoughts, everyone.

SC, you are quite right about cats and holes! Our neighbour's small kitten thought it was a great "Wall of Death" game, and who needs a motorbike when you can run like lightning! We were forced to finish the excavation using miniature hand tools in order not to chop him in half.

Not a family member or even a close friend but a valued colleague and a really lovely guy who didn't deserve the years of suffering from more kinds of cancer than I knew there were.

Frank.

• Like 1

Wondering where to put this post but I guess here is as good as any. My brother's ex-next door neighbour died in the last few days - not unremarkable you may say, but Mr Jim the Gas Man was told he had only about six weeks to live after a diagnosis of a fast growing lung tumour.

He died only 6 days after being told this bad news! - and at only 63 years of age, what a thing?

We look at all these ill famous people but how many die within 6 days?

• Like 1

We look at all these ill famous people but how many die within 6 days?

I think that all depends on whether the curse of death Dr. DDT has highlighted their plight or not.

• Like 1