Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Sorry to hear you sad news, LB. Let's hope for the best possible outcome.

• Like 1

Lard and BHB, sincere condolences. I've been around those with brain tumours and realise it's doubly painful for the relatives since you are in danger of losing a person's personality whilst also worrying about losing them completely. Hope the medical interventions achieve a result.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Lard and BHB. I'm thinking of you both.

Sorry to hear about your sister LB....Best wishes and that.

I haven't been around these forums for a while (under new management & we have to do work now).

Just dropping by to report the death of my Mum 2 weeks ago. We gave her a good send-off on Thursday, now it's time to get on with life without her.

Hello LD,

Very sorry to hear of your sad bereavement.

Hello LD,

Very sorry to hear of your sad bereavement.

Thanks, Windsor.

I must try to find time to start visiting these forums again.

Deepest sympathies on your recent bereavement, sorry to see that.

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear of your news LD - good wishes to you and your family.

Thanks to all for your kind words. :rolleyes:

Nice to have you back Lady Die :rolleyes: . I had noticed you were out of action in the regular Monday to Friday 9-5 slot, I thought you'd defected to facebook or something, I'm sorry I doubted you.

LD I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Nice to have you back Lady Die :rip: . I had noticed you were out of action in the regular Monday to Friday 9-5 slot, I thought you'd defected to facebook or something, I'm sorry I doubted you.

"defected to facebook" :rolleyes:

I have to confess I am on Facebook (but only to view pix of friend's baby in Oz)

I must try to find time to log onto DL "out of hours"

Sorry to read about your mother, Lady Die....

Sorry to hear about your loss, LD.

That's sad about your mum LD. Good to see you around these parts again. Employers - they do get in the way. I got shut and it's better now.

It's easy to joke about death, just not when you're in the middle of a field surrounded by it.

I've found the reverse (so far).

I seem to be surrounded by death this last year.

:birthday: One of my boyfriends' best mates was shot dead very publically last summer.

:party: My cat fell unexpectedly ill between Xmas and New Year, and died 10 minutes into New Years (we took the call from the vet with Auld Lang Syne still being played on the telly).

:deadx: And now I am about to go and visit my father who was diagnosed with liver cancer back in January. He had some chemo but the quackage tell him that the tumour is getting bigger, so they are taking him off the chemo as he is 74 and too frail to take it. So I am flying home to NZ this Sunday to spend time with him before he dies - I have no idea when that will be, no idea when I will return to my family in London.

I started lurking on DL somewhere in the middle of all that lot: it seems to me that the contemplation of other people's potential demises is a helpful diversionary tactic from feeling one's own grief too deeply.

So I reckon this will be one of the several places I will take refuge from the onslaught of waiting to see how my dad gets on (or not).

I like Deathlist: I like its irreverence; the academicness (is that a word? it should be!) of the amazing research you lot of mad geeks actually DO into your unseemly passion; the acceptance that hijacking of threads into random other subjects will make no difference to the end product; and the attention to detail ... even the "heckling" of the Guests.

Ah life/death/taxes/everything in between :referee:

• Like 1

It's easy to joke about death, just not when you're in the middle of a field surrounded by it.

I've found the reverse (so far).

I seem to be surrounded by death this last year.

:birthday: One of my boyfriends' best mates was shot dead very publically last summer.

:party: My cat fell unexpectedly ill between Xmas and New Year, and died 10 minutes into New Years (we took the call from the vet with Auld Lang Syne still being played on the telly).

:deadx: And now I am about to go and visit my father who was diagnosed with liver cancer back in January. He had some chemo but the quackage tell him that the tumour is getting bigger, so they are taking him off the chemo as he is 74 and too frail to take it. So I am flying home to NZ this Sunday to spend time with him before he dies - I have no idea when that will be, no idea when I will return to my family in London.

I started lurking on DL somewhere in the middle of all that lot: it seems to me that the contemplation of other people's potential demises is a helpful diversionary tactic from feeling one's own grief too deeply.

So I reckon this will be one of the several places I will take refuge from the onslaught of waiting to see how my dad gets on (or not).

I like Deathlist: I like its irreverence; the academicness (is that a word? it should be!) of the amazing research you lot of mad geeks actually DO into your unseemly passion; the acceptance that hijacking of threads into random other subjects will make no difference to the end product; and the attention to detail ... even the "heckling" of the Guests.

Ah life/death/taxes/everything in between :referee:

Good wishes for your trip to see your father :-) You may have read previously that my sister is ill with a cancerous brain tumour, one that is probably going to be the end of her sooner rather than later, so I kind of know some of what you may be feeling. Good thoughts to you and your family.

My 14 1/2 year old black Lab had to be put down yesterday. Just about the hardest thing I have ever done.

Go well OSP, I've been there with a loved dog as he was put down. Still worth the love and affection you give them though.

My 14 1/2 year old black Lab had to be put down yesterday. Just about the hardest thing I have ever done.

Sorry to hear about your Lab. I had to have my dog put to sleep due to cancer at 16 years old. It was a horrible experience, my sympathies are with you. Have you read the poem 'rainbow bridge'? It will probably make you cry at first but the words do give comfort.

• Like 1