Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Thanks :huh: Miraculously, we visited this afternoon and she is a completely different person from yesterday - awake, alert and being taken home. It seems a blip with her medication on Thursday night might have caused yesterday's problems - she is obviously still very sick and the tumour is growing at a rapid rate now, so she is nearing the end but perhaps not within the few days we and the doctors initially thought when we were at the hospital last night.

Posting here is actually helping, I hope nobody minds the updates.

Anyone who does mind the updates can take a running jump into the nearest river, as they say up here.

Best wishes again to you and your sister, LB. I hope you get as much time as possible left with your sister.

• Like 1

Thanks for the chance to spiritually "be there with you" at this very difficult time for your sister's well being. When I read that first update above I thought what a grim time you would be having - given the remit for maybe two months more and only getting a week's grace. Just glad she has rallied well for you to have more time than almost very little. Moments are vital and precious, you best hang in-there for her. All my best.

Thank you everyone, for these posts and for the PMs. Truly appreciated :huh:

• Like 1

Lardy my love, you are welcome. And looking at RA's post above, I add my good wishes and agreement with his words. It's precious time that this that makes such a difference, and it's a small blessing - I guess - that you can be there for her, and the love between you helps. Lots of people face this situation with too much baggage to achieve what you and your sister are sharing.

While we've been expecting my sister to go fairly soon, sadly my absolutely brilliant mother-in-law-to-be died last night following a sudden stroke a few days ago. Absolutely devastated. She was sharp, funny, so very clever, took no shit, and lived for her family and her two dogs, and was too young to go - she welcomed me and my children into her family so warmly, I will be forever grateful to her for that. Wherever you are now J, thank you :rip:

rossi-afp-isi.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, LB, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to your extended family and family to be at this dreadful time. My thoughts are with you.

Also last night, my wonderful aunt. 94 but if you spoke to her on the phone you would have thought she was fifty years younger. Last of her generation and fount of all family knowledge. I know it's a good innings but still .... some people you just want to be immortal.

• Like 1

While we've been expecting my sister to go fairly soon, sadly my absolutely brilliant mother-in-law-to-be died last night following a sudden stroke a few days ago. Absolutely devastated.

Very sad indeed. My commiseration.

regards,

Hein

Lardy and Toast, you have my sympathies. It's always sad when you lose someone who grabbed so hard at life.

I'm so sorry for your losses, LB & T. My thoughts are with you.

Well what a joyous day today is going to be. My sister, who is still with us, just, is getting married. She is getting married to a man who, over the last few months, has denied her care in the home, denied her equipment to make her life easier, denied her a decent car to be taken to hospital appointments in, instead making her climb up wooden steps into a transit van, coerced her into changing the share of ownership of their house in his favour, coerced her into changing her will to give him everything and deny her children of their fair share of her money and property, and who, when he was sussed out as the money-grabbing, conniving little cunt that he is and thus my sister changing her will back so that her kids don't miss out, coerced her into marrying him as he thinks it will void her will, and because he found out that if they're married, he gets extra benefits when she's dead. She has always said she would never marry the devious little bastard because she's never trusted him, and because he is a mean, angry little fuck that makes her life hell when he doesn't get his own way, she has agreed so as to keep the peace. She cannot walk, is incontinent, doesn't even know what day it is half the time, but apparently she is still deemed to have the mental capacity to agree to the marriage, so there is not one thing we can do about it. This wedding was arranged ten days ago. Why didn't he ask her when she was told she was terminal way back in March-ish? Because he's a cunt, that's why.

I'm not very happy.

• Like 1

Well what a joyous day today is going to be. My sister, who is still with us, just, is getting married. She is getting married to a man who, over the last few months, has denied her care in the home, denied her equipment to make her life easier, denied her a decent car to be taken to hospital appointments in, instead making her climb up wooden steps into a transit van, coerced her into changing the share of ownership of their house in his favour, coerced her into changing her will to give him everything and deny her children of their fair share of her money and property, and who, when he was sussed out as the money-grabbing, conniving little cunt that he is and thus my sister changing her will back so that her kids don't miss out, coerced her into marrying him as he thinks it will void her will, and because he found out that if they're married, he gets extra benefits when she's dead. She has always said she would never marry the devious little bastard because she's never trusted him, and because he is a mean, angry little fuck that makes her life hell when he doesn't get his own way, she has agreed so as to keep the peace. She cannot walk, is incontinent, doesn't even know what day it is half the time, but apparently she is still deemed to have the mental capacity to agree to the marriage, so there is not one thing we can do about it. This wedding was arranged ten days ago. Why didn't he ask her when she was told she was terminal way back in March-ish? Because he's a cunt, that's why.

I'm not very happy.

Just gatecrash the wedding Graduate-style and put forward your reasons.

Mind you, women do love a bastard... :)

I'm not very happy.

Believe me, I am going to have to try very bloody hard to keep my mouth shut at the 'does anyone know of any just cause blah blah' - the only thing stopping me is that I know it will upset my sister. But believe me, when she is no longer in a fit state to know, I will be making damn sure that everyone from Land's End to John O Groats knows this little fuck's name and address.

• Like 1

I'm not very happy.

Believe me, I am going to have to try very bloody hard to keep my mouth shut at the 'does anyone know of any just cause blah blah' - the only thing stopping me is that I know it will upset my sister. But believe me, when she is no longer in a fit state to know, I will be making damn sure that everyone from Land's End to John O Groats knows this little fuck's name and address.

Object on the grounds that you slept with him last week.

Might work...

I'm not very happy.

Object on the grounds that you slept with him last week.

Might work...

Oh Windsor please! I do have SOME standards! My mother's going, maybe I could tell everyone it was her, they'd believe that.

• Like 1

Just heard my cousin who's 32 was rushed to hospital yesterday .He's had problems with drink and drugs for years so it's related to that.The doctors have said today that he's permanently brain damaged and it looks like the life support machine wil be switched off.His mum (my aunt) is in a right state so she'll be needing some family support in the days and weeks ahead I guess. I wasn't that close to him but it's a bit of a bolt from the blue.Just shows you never know when death might come a visiting ..

I wasn't going to post but reading the 'troll's post above angered me. My Uncle Jimmy, passed away on Sunday. We knew it was coming, he had a bad fall last week and broke some limbs, he was 87 and sadly his body couldn't heal. My wee old dad who is pretty senile is upset and confused. As a child I cried in his arms but as an adult he has cried in mine .

I wasn't going to post but reading the 'troll's post above angered me. My Uncle Jimmy, passed away on Sunday. We knew it was coming, he had a bad fall last week and broke some limbs, he was 87 and sadly his body couldn't heal. My wee old dad who is pretty senile is upset and confused. As a child I cried in his arms but as an adult he has cried in mine .

Sorry for your loss. Doesn't make it easier even when you know it is going to happen. Thoughts to your family.

Good wishes to yourself and family, can't say I've had that experience myself but the decline and slow failing of family members in this way is always painful and a worry. Go well Lady G.

Sorry to hear about your uncle and your fathers illness.My grand dad died from dementia and now my dads in his 70s I worry it might happen to him too. I don't know what I'd do without him

Thank you folks, your kind words mean a lot, especially as I know LB is going through much worse, thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

It's been a bit of a traumatic week and I think it's change that upsets the balance of my dad's mind, he's settled back down now and at least knows his big brother has passed away, which is a blessing as we were worried. He's now back to his usual confused self. Although he is pretty good at clearing up after dinner (that's his job as he sees it) and taking my small ginger thug dog for a walk every morning.

Just found out from my mom that my great Uncle Larry just passed away today due to stomach cancer. He was 68. I'm going to the wake tomorrow.

Regards,

TUM :champagne:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes for you and yours at this sad time.

Sorry to hear this TUM; go well and cherish those you have.

• Like 1