YoungWillz

That Portillo Moment

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hunt will be the Portillo moment if we're talking strictly about current Cabinet members. 

Through as he won’t lose to the new governing party ir won’t be quite as symbolic as Portilo. Mordaunt losing to Labour would through. 

• Like 1

Richard Tice standing in Boston and Skegness - one to add to the list of possible notable defeats as while he could win it doesn’t feel that likely.

IDS confirmed in the Commons chamber he is re - standing in Chingford and Woodford Green. 

34 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

IDS confirmed in the Commons chamber he is re - standing in Chingford and Woodford Green. 

pRAJ55.gif

Just realised I don't know who is representing me in this area now because of boundary changes (if I lived 1 mile away it would be what it previously was), and I think the MP who is currently there is stepping down. I will find out in a few weeks I guess when my postal vote comes through.

Edit: Lol there is currently nobody listed for Conservative party according to whocanivotefor

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Just realised I don't know who is representing me in this area now because of boundary changes (if I lived 1 mile away it would be what it previously was), and I think the MP who is currently there is stepping down. I will find out in a few weeks I guess when my postal vote comes through.

Edit: Lol there is currently nobody listed for Conservative party according to whocanivotefor

This is the first time I've seen that Glasgow North West has changed to Glasgow West and expanded to compensate for Glasgow Central being sooked out of the middle. Funny that we've lost a constituency despite the city's population growing slightly since 2005, and Glasgow Central being the least Tory, with only 9.2% of votes in the last GE (compared to 15.2% in my constituency).

• Like 1

John Redwood to step down from his Wokingham seat.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

This is the first time I've seen that Glasgow North West has changed to Glasgow West and expanded to compensate for Glasgow Central being sooked out of the middle. Funny that we've lost a constituency despite the city's population growing slightly since 2005, and Glasgow Central being the least Tory, with only 9.2% of votes in the last GE (compared to 15.2% in my constituency).

Bits of Glasgow have gone into non Glasgow named seats. Cardonald Ward has gone from Glasgow South West to Paisley and Renfrewshire North. A bit of Garscadden / Scotstounhill is now in West Dunbartonshire. 

If IDS holds his seat it probably means a Tory Goverment will be formed. 

Liam Fox in North Somerset

Jake Berry - Rossendale and Darwen

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

My area only has the Labour Party, the Workers Party of Britain (Galloway's rabble) and Reform UK standing so far. No news from the current Tory MP who seems to have kept an extremely low profile ever since Boris left, other than his monthly 'please don't vote me out' newsletters. 

It’s not impossible through the Labour candiate standing against IDS is suspended by Labour as she is one of the last corbynite’s standing and has a history of anti Israel comments. 

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It’s not impossible through the Labour candiate standing against IDS is suspended by Labour as she is one of the last corbynite’s standing and has a history of anti Israel comments. 

200w.gif

Is there anything you won't doom about? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

Is there anything you won't doom about? 

Sorry just my nature. I will try my very best to be positive from now om. 

The father of the house Peter Bottomley is re - standing. It’s a seat Labour could take if they into solid majority territory 

• Like 1

I find the sheer number of Tory MPs standing down bizarre. My understanding is that MPs get a bigger payoff when they re-stand and lose their seat as they've effectively been made redundant, so they've clearly got some kind of reason not to want to 'accidentally' win their seats again.

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

I find the sheer number of Tory MPs standing down bizarre. My understanding is that MPs get a bigger payoff when they re-stand and lose their seat as they've effectively been made redundant, so they've clearly got some kind of reason not to want to 'accidentally' win their seats again.

There are always loads of MP’s who stand down rather than get defeated and get the pay off. 

I really would love to see Jacob Rees-Mogg get defeated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I really would love to see Jacob Rees-Mogg get defeated.

That's not all I'd like to see happen to him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The father of the house Peter Bottomley is re - standing. It’s a seat Labour could take if they into solid majority territory 

I was just looking at this myself, he'll be 80 a couple of weeks after the election the polls I've seen suggest he only has a 15% chance of keeping his seat.

He's the type to be given a peerage in the the Dissolution honours so even if he does leave the commons, I'd expect him in the Lords this time next year.

8 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

John Redwood to step down from his Wokingham seat.

:champagne:About time! Well, 30 years too late really. See ya! 

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Liam Fox in North Somerset

Jake Berry - Rossendale and Darwen

Right next door to me - this would be sweet. Take your knighthood and fuck off! I saw an astonishing suggestion a few weeks ago that Labour could take the Ribble Valley here and despose Nigel Evans, which would be unheard of.

• Like 1