Jump to content
RadGuy

Shadow Lists

Recommended Posts

Gerry Marsdens sad passing gives me my first 'hit' in my shadowlist and thus one ahead of the official  deathlist at the moment. 

 

Ooh just seen there is a dispute on the date of Gerrys death .May have been last year according to some.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York Times reporting the death of Brian Urquhart ..... and my shadow list moves forward with its first success of 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish all the members of this forum a happy & healthy new year.

 

Here is my personal list for 2021:

 

1. Prince Philip

2. Queen Elizabeth II

3. Jimmy Carter

4. Rosalynn Carter

5. Bob Dole

6. Henry Kissinger

5. Rush Limbaugh

6. Harry Reid

7. Desmond Tutu

8. Pope Benedict

9. Mikhail Gorbachev

10. Yegor Ligachev 

11. Carlos Menem

12. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

13. Clarissa Eden

14. Rosamunde Pilcher

15. Noah Gordon

16. Lawrence Ferlinghetti  

17. Geoffrey Ashe

18. Beverly Cleary

19. Desmond Morris

20. Norman Lear

21. Larry King

22. Pierre Soulages

23. Wayne Thiebaud

24. Arnulf Rainer

25. Gerhard Richter

26. Fernando Botero

27. Stephen Sondheim

28. Burt Bacharach

29. John Kander

30. Christa Ludwig

31. Leontyne Price

32. Antonietta Stella

33. Lucine Amara

34. Richard Bonynge

35. Sidney Poitier

36. Harry Belafonte

37. Norman Lloyd

38. Arlene Dahl

39. Olivia Newton-John

40. Shannen Doherty

41. William Hurt

42. Jean-Louis Trintignant

43. Irene Papas

44. Geneviève Page

45. Micheline Presle

46. Alain Delon

47. Jean-Paul Belmondo

48. Veronica Vitti

49. Queen Sirikit

50. Imelda Marcos

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose I should put mine in here then

 

1    Aday, Lee Marvin (Meatloaf)
2    Alagiah, George
3    Ali Khamenei, Ayatollah
4    Barker, Bob
5    Benedict XVI, Pope
6    Carter, Jimmy
7    Clinton, Bill
8    Cooke, Sidney
9    Crosby, David
10    Davies, Dai
11    Doherty, Shannen
12    Dole, Bob
13    Gilbert, Greg
14    Glock, Gaston
15    Gorbachev, Mikhail
16    Greaves, Jimmy
17    Halvorsen, Gail
18    Harding, Sarah
19    Hemingway, Flying Officer John
20    Hunt, Marsha
21    Kay, Peter
22    King, Larry
23    Kumar, Dilip
24    Limbaugh, Rush
25    Lloyd, Norman
26    MacGowan, Shane
27    Maxwell, Ghislaine
28    Menem, Carlos
29    Moore, Captain Tom
30    Muller, Gerd
31    Nelson, Willie
32    Nichols, Nicelle
33    Nolan, Linda
34    Ono, Yoko
35    Parker, Tom
36    Phillip, Prince
37    Phillips, Leslie
38    Poitier, Sidney
39    Sansom, Kenny
40    Saweard, Lesley
41    Scales, Prunella
42    Schulz, George
43    Seeler, Uwe
44    Simonot, Renee
45    Smith, Tom
46    Spinks, Leon
47    Turnbull, Bill
48    Weir, Doddie
49    Whale, James
50    Williams, Frank 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my personal list:

 

1. Prince Philip

2. Norman Lloyd

3. Queen Elizabeth

4. Carlos Menem

5. Henry Kissinger

6. Betty White

7. Pope Benedict

8. Larry King

9. Rosemary Harris

10. Gene Hackman

11. Bob Dole

12. Bob Carter

13. Mikis Theodorakis

14. Sidney Poitier

15. Leslie Philips

16. Jimmy Carter

17. Jacques Delors

18. Angela Lansbury

19. Bernie Ecclestone

20. Jean Marie LePen

21. Jean Paul Belmondo

22. Tinto Brass

23. Dick Van Dyke

24. Giorgio Napolitano

25. Imelda Marcos

26. Jean Louis Trintignant

27. Harry Belafonte

28. Michael Schumacher

29. Raul Castro

30. Rod Laver

31. Maggie Smith

32. King Juan Carlos of Spain

33. Akihito

34. Willie Nelson

35. Julio Iglesias

36. King Constantine of Greece

37. Yoko Ono

38. James Dewey Watson

39. Federico Martin Bahamontes

40. Alain Delon

41. James Caan

42. King Harald of Norway

43. Ric Flair

44. Chuck Norris

45. Desmond Tutu

46. Ozzy Osbourne

47. Isabel Peron

48. Pelé

49. Tina Turner

50. James Levine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am working more off my phone now. It is harder to update my signature so my 2021 Shadow List is below.

 

1.       Bob Barker

2.       Beverly Cleary

3.       Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

4.       Leslie Philips

5.       Betty White

6.       James Watson

7.       Sidney Poitier

8.       Jimmy Greaves

9.       Bob Dole

10.   Eric Carle

11.   Abdelaziz Bouteflika

12.   Desmond Tutu

13.   Douglas Hurd

14.   Stanley Baxter

15.   Penelope Lively

16.   Ysanne Churchman

17.   Gudrun Ure

18.   Timothy Dudley-Smith

19.   Murray Walker

20.   Leon Spinks

21.   Joanne Woodward

22.   Jean Marie Le Pen

23.   Jacques Delors

24.   Pope Benedict XVI

25.   June Spencer

26.   Joni Mitchell

27.   Walter Mondale

28.   Shirley Hughes

29.   Norman Lloyd

30.   Boris Pahor

31.   Marsha Hunt

32.   Doddie Weir

33.   Trevor Peacock

34.   Fay Weldon

35.   Clive Barker

36.   K M Peyton

37.   Jeanette Charles

38.   Tony Soper

39.   Michael Rosen

40.   James Lovelock

41.   Antonia Fraser

42.   Raymond Briggs

43.   June Brown

44.   Loretta Lynn

45.   Alan Dean Foster

46.   Nichelle Nichols

47.   Yoko Ono

48.   Barry Cryer

49.   Jimmy Carter

50.   Olivia Newton-John

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me 1 DL 0 following the death of Larry King. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry King is my 2021 #2 :old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re off for ‘21.

 

QR: 1

CS: 1

DL: 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve said:

Me 1 DL 0 following the death of Larry King. 

 

Same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Unknown Man said:

2nd hit for me with Larry King.

 

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

We’re off for ‘21.

 

QR: 1

CS: 1

DL: 0

 

Is the shadow list an actual deadpool competition and if so...what qualifies someone as being famous. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stats for 2021

OL: 7

CS: 6

DL: 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop the post-whoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Please stop the post-whoring.

 

Now if I can figure out your first name, I can track you down, there can't be that many miss/mrs/ms Canute in villages around Oxford :evil2:.

(yes it's my day for that emote).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the curse of four. Every year I have scored the same number. I don't understand, but it's there :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry King is now the first hit on my shadowlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Windsor said:

Is the shadow list an actual deadpool competition and if so...what qualifies someone as being famous. ;)

Good point well made, and undermined only slightly by the presence of those household names Duchess of Grafton, Earl of Elgin and Lady Saltoun of Abernethy on yours :-).

 

In fairness to you I knew who about 45 of your list were, which is at least 5 more than most other peoples'....the committee has 1 or 2 aberrations most years but generally picks at least 48 people who you don't need to look up on wikipedia to find out/ be reminded who they are - which is a big reason why so many people beat it. Also, people on here don't feel obliged to waste selections with 'too big to miss' people who aren't going to die, like the Queen.

 

(I'm not suggesting Larry King is obscure btw before anyone throws that one back at me)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Good point well made, and undermined only slightly by the presence of those household names Duchess of Grafton, Earl of Elgin and Lady Saltoun of Abernethy on yours :-).

 

In fairness to you I knew who about 45 of your list were, which is at least 5 more than most other peoples'....the committee has 1 or 2 aberrations most years but generally picks at least 48 people who you don't need to look up on wikipedia to find out/ be reminded who they are - which is a big reason why so many people beat it. Also, people on here don't feel obliged to waste selections with 'too big to miss' people who aren't going to die, like the Queen.

 

(I'm not suggesting Larry King is obscure btw before anyone throws that one back at me)

The Duchess of Grafton is the grumpy bitch often seen with Queen. Lady Saltoun  wore a dodgy hat to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding and the Earl of Elgin was once the national president of the Boys’ Brigade.

 

How’s that not famous? :-D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone let me know how many of the following they've actually heard of? Okay so my list this year is

 

1. William Shatner

2. Tom Moore

3. June Spencer

4. Steven Spielberg

5. Sue Nichols

6. Bill Hayes

7. Malcolm Hebden

8. Amanda Barrie

9. Jerry Lee Lewis

10. Michael Caine

11. Kenneth Cope

12. Kieth Richards

13. The Queen

14. Patrick Stewart

15. Anthony Daniels

16. Johnny Briggs

17. Pete Townsend

18. Don Hastings

19. Eileen Fulton

20. Julie Andrews

21. Patricia Greene

22. Lesley Saweard

23. Don Maddox

24. Rose Lee Maphis

25. Dick Van Dyke

26. Ed Ames

27. David Attenborough

28. Sonny Rollins

29. Kenny Burrell

30. Billy Connolly

31. Eva Marie Saint

32. Gloria Henry

33. David Crosby

34. Christopher Lloyd

35. Bill Clinton

36. James Earl Jones

37. Hank Marvin

38. Cher

39. Tom Jones

40. Danny Devito

41. Bobby Charlton

42. Jimmy Page

43. Geoff Hurst

44. Roger Hunt

45. George Cohen

46. Tony Christie

47. Al Pachino

48. Robert Deniro

49. Liliana Cavani

50. Kim Novak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

Would someone let me know how many of the following they've actually heard of? Okay so my list this year is

 

1. William Shatner

2. Tom Moore

3. June Spencer

4. Steven Spielberg

5. Sue Nichols

6. Bill Hayes

7. Malcolm Hebden

8. Amanda Barrie

9. Jerry Lee Lewis

10. Michael Caine

11. Kenneth Cope

12. Kieth Richards

13. The Queen

14. Patrick Stewart

15. Anthony Daniels

16. Johnny Briggs

17. Pete Townsend

18. Don Hastings

19. Eileen Fulton

20. Julie Andrews

21. Patricia Greene

22. Lesley Saweard

23. Don Maddox

24. Rose Lee Maphis

25. Dick Van Dyke

26. Ed Ames

27. David Attenborough

28. Sonny Rollins

29. Kenny Burrell

30. Billy Connolly

31. Eva Marie Saint

32. Gloria Henry

33. David Crosby

34. Christopher Lloyd

35. Bill Clinton

36. James Earl Jones

37. Hank Marvin

38. Cher

39. Tom Jones

40. Danny Devito

41. Bobby Charlton

42. Jimmy Page

43. Geoff Hurst

44. Roger Hunt

45. George Cohen

46. Tony Christie

47. Al Pachino

48. Robert Deniro

49. Liliana Cavani

50. Kim Novak

44 for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know who they all are, bar about ten.  But some of those sound vaguely familiar, and some are probably "Oh, him/her" type names.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toast said:

I know who they all are, bar about ten.  But some of those sound vaguely familiar, and some are probably "Oh, him/her" type names.

Same for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miranda lass said:

Would someone let me know how many of the following they've actually heard of?


39 of them by name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I thought was a dismal 34. 

 

Looked a few up, ah....soap. gotit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use