Ra Ra Rasputin

Joni Mitchell

Statement posted on official website:

"Joni did in fact suffer an aneurysm. However, details that have emerged in the past few days are mostly speculative. The truth is that Joni is speaking, and she's speaking well. She is not walking yet, but she will be in the near future as she is undergoing daily therapies. She is resting comfortably in her own home and she's getting better each day. A full recovery is expected."

http://jonimitchell.com/

"Joni did in fact suffer an aneurysm. However, details that have emerged in the past few days are mostly speculative. The truth is that Joni is speaking, and she's speaking well. She is not walking yet, but she will be in the near future as she is undergoing daily therapies. She is resting comfortably in her own home and she's getting better each day. A full recovery is expected. All your base are now belong to us."

"Joni did in fact suffer an aneurysm. However, details that have emerged in the past few days are mostly speculative. The truth is that Joni is speaking, and she's speaking well. She is not walking yet, but she will be in the near future as she is undergoing daily therapies. She is resting comfortably in her own home and she's getting better each day. A full recovery is expected."

So, she's quit smoking then?

• Like 1

So, she's quit smoking then?

She certainly hasn't mentioned anything about it to David Crosby....

• Like 1

Conflicting information in this BBC report

Also another of those 'long term friend' references

I'm dubious about the claim that she'll make a full recovery. I think she'll have a relapse early next year.

I'm dubious about the claim that she'll make a full recovery. I think she'll have a relapse early next year.

It sounds wildly optimistic.

If they had said something like "It is a slow process but she hopes to make a full recovery" I would probably be more reassured than the everything is wonderful which suggest she might die next week.

If they had said something like "It is a slow process but she hopes to make a full recovery" I would probably be more reassured than the everything is wonderful which suggest she might die next week.

This could be folk rock's Zsa Zsa unfolding in front of our eyes. What's conspicuous is the reliance on a long-term male friend and a lawyer, it's not like she's greatly surrounded by people who actually love her is it? There's also a fair amount of property and valuable copyrights at stake here. So, in the last case, she's nowt like Zsa Zsa, then.

This could be folk rock's Zsa Zsa unfolding in front of our eyes. What's conspicuous is the reliance on a long-term male friend and a lawyer, it's not like she's greatly surrounded by people who actually love her is it? There's also a fair amount of property and valuable copyrights at stake here. So, in the last case, she's nowt like Zsa Zsa, then.

Is it definitely a male friend? I only read the BBC link, and they seem to have avoided the issue, which suggested to me that the writer wasn't sure. Leslie is usually the male spelling here in the UK, but it can be female in North America

Is it definitely a male friend? I only read the BBC link, and they seem to have avoided the issue, which suggested to me that the writer wasn't sure. Leslie is usually the male spelling here in the UK, but it can be female in the USA.

I think I took the same reading of this I had thought that it was a female friend but then clocked the spelling when I reread it after MPFC''s post.

not risking losing a hit she's going on my list if she surrives

Is it definitely a male friend? I only read the BBC link, and they seem to have avoided the issue, which suggested to me that the writer wasn't sure. Leslie is usually the male spelling here in the UK, but it can be female in the USA.

I think I took the same reading of this I had thought that it was a female friend but then clocked the spelling when I reread it after MPFC''s post.

Yes, it's just that I know a woman called Leslie (sic) who is from New York.

Guest Guest

I can confirm the sad news that Joni Mitchell is dying and there is no longer any hope for her recovery :(

I can confirm the sad news that Joni Mitchell is dying and there is no longer any hope for her recovery :(

Not wanting to piss on your parade or owt, but...

That fact applies to the whole human race.

Can you not be a bit more specific, like, do I pick her as my DDP joker next year, or summat?

• Like 3

Private Eye mentioned that the University of Lincoln hosted an "International Symposium on Joni Mitchell" last week. Enthusiasts from far and wide came to present their papers...

Oh Borderline’: 21st century Joni Mitchell and the ageing ‘ravaged’ voice as a site of Queer resistance (this won a place in PE's Pseud's Corner)

Integrating the Work of Joni Mitchell in Psychotherapy.

The early songs of Joni Mitchell and their impact on a child living on a 1960s English council estate in Lincolnshire.

'Here’s a man and a woman sitting on a rock’: Joni Mitchell and irritable feminism.

Literate to the Literal: Joni Mitchell as a Comic Muse.

It's a shame we didn't know about this beforehand as there was an open invitation to submit papers. I would have come up with:

'Put away that D.D.T. now': The relevance of Joni Mitchell's contemporary health when critically analysed from a deadpooling perspective

• Like 3

Private Eye mentioned that the University of Lincoln hosted an "International Symposium on Joni Mitchell" last week. Enthusiasts from far and wide came to present their papers...

Oh Borderline’: 21st century Joni Mitchell and the ageing ‘ravaged’ voice as a site of Queer resistance (this won a place in PE's Pseud's Corner)

Integrating the Work of Joni Mitchell in Psychotherapy.

The early songs of Joni Mitchell and their impact on a child living on a 1960s English council estate in Lincolnshire.

'Here’s a man and a woman sitting on a rock’: Joni Mitchell and irritable feminism.

Literate to the Literal: Joni Mitchell as a Comic Muse.

It's a shame we didn't know about this beforehand as there was an open invitation to submit papers. I would have come up with:

'Put away that D.D.T. now': The relevance of Joni Mitchell's contemporary health when critically analysed from a deadpooling perspective

Both Sides Now; Folk rock's loss is dead pooling's gain

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, get well soon! :birthday:

Joni goes to a music concert. Either it is a slow news day or the BBC have played her as a joker in their DDP team.

11 minutes ago, RishCast said:

Isn't Morgellon's the made up alien disease?

Yes, it's widely believed to be a psychological, rather than a physical illness and is also known as delusion of parasitosis.    Either way it can be incredibly debilitating, but it is never fatal.

Nah, Gazza and Ronnie Wood are easily worse picks than Mitchell. She's not that bad of a bet tbh. 

• Like 1