Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

The Priests Of Father Ted

Feck! Arse! Drink! to that news.

Father Jack was one of the great ambassadors of the Catholic Church, really. RIP.

Never watched an episode of Father Ted, but I am sad that Frank Kelly died.

Feck!

Father Ted was a good comedy. A bit of classic 90s TV. From when the world was still half sane.

A real coincidence too about the dates.

• Like 1

Always loved his version of Twelve days of Christmas, RIP Gubnett!

you should father Ted was the shit and just to get you started off here are some clips from the show
RIP Frank kelly.
  • Haha 1

Guest Guest

another great Irishman gone.Terry Wogan now Father Jack. RIP

It's a unique joker pick for On The Box/In the Box in the DDP.

Worth 20 points to them!

Oh, do give it a go. It's one of the few comedy series that I can watch over and over again and still lmao. It is a little surreal, and not your typical sitcom.

I quite liked Drop the Dead Donkey, when it wasn't trying to be overtly sentimental.

I credit Drop the Dead Donkey for all the recent stunning successes of the Labour party.

Watching that show is probably what taught us to believe that literally the only thing that matters in life and the only thing you need to win elections, is banging on about "Murdoch this, Murdoch that" and calling Tories "posh twats"!

• Like 1

I quite liked Drop the Dead Donkey, when it wasn't trying to be overtly sentimental.

I credit Drop the Dead Donkey for all the recent stunning successes of the Labour party.

Watching that show is probably what taught us to believe that literally the only thing that matters in life and the only thing you need to win elections, is banging on about "Murdoch this, Murdoch that" and calling Tories "posh twats"!

Oh do fuck off. The only thing you need to win an election is to do what Murdoch says.

Father Jack...what a comedy character created by Arthur Mathews and Graham Linehan. Frank Kelly played the role brilliantly as did the other cast members in their roles to make Father Ted a real cult classic. Feck...Arse...Girls....drink!.....all catchphrases used by Kelly are still used in their context today by many of those who watched the series, all testaments to great acting and scripts produced for the series. Kelly's passing, but perhaps with him the character he played so well Father Jack will be missed by so many.

Dermot Morgan's son diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, keeping a blog about it here.

Dermot Morgan's son diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, keeping a blog about it here.

stage two, he's just a stage four chancer.

Guest Guest

very sad news. I hope he's OK

I'm ashamed to put it here, but it's late and I'm lazy.

National Theatre have reported the death of Irish actor John Rogan (on 19 March as I understand it) aged 78. https://twitter.com/NationalTheatre/status/843850703290404864

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rogan_(actor)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0736580/

Famous for theatre rather than TV and Film, but does have some notable credits and fans of Father Ted will remember him as Mr Fox from Speed 3:

• Like 3

I love that bit.

That might be my favourite episode.

"I'm a very careful man, Father, very careful."

"Except when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom, it seems!"

"Ah, now, you wouldn't be advising the use of artificial contraception now, would you?"
"Ah, well.... feck off!"

And that damned brick! :D

All of it, glorious.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 13:42, msc said:

Here's a completely amateur list to start you off then. I didn't go for all the extras in the background, because feck it, life is too short.

Notable Non-Priests

Peadar Lamb (Fargo Boyle) before 1939

Peadar Lamb dies aged 87: https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0902/901726-actor-peadar-lamb-dies/

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0483000/

Graham Linehan, who co-created the show and played Father Gallagher, has testicular cancer. He's had the one ball removed and is due a course of chemo. He should be fine.

Happily, no need for chemo as it turns out.

Just to show we're not all Dr Who obsessives, Irish actor Rio Fanning's death at 87 has been announced by Toby Hadoke.

Father Frost, you'll know his face.

latest?cb=20180103123908

• Like 1

I think this makes Patrick Duggan the oldest living Father Ted priest then? Assuming he is still alive: the fact there is another actor out there called Patrick Duggan (as well as it being Patrick Malahide's real name) makes definitive proof a little hard to find, but he was still up and about three years ago: