RadGuy

Ideas And Possibilities For 2017

Been mentioned before but the health of John Wetton (musician in Asia / UK / King Crimson) - who already has metastatic cancer - has taken a turn for the worse, as I wrote in this other thread:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8598-close-to-the-end/?p=279292

I can't see him being alive this time next year, so IMHO would be an excellent pick for 2017, and his notability / obitability is without question due to his work with Asia alone, never mind all the other bands.

Been mentioned before but the health of John Wetton (musician in Asia / UK / King Crimson) - who already has metastatic cancer - has taken a turn for the worse, as I wrote in this other thread:

I can't see him being alive this time next year, so IMHO would be an excellent pick for 2017, and his notability / obitability is without question due to his work with Asia alone, never mind all the other bands.

He also was on some well known King Crimson albums, most notably, Red.
  • Like 1

He also was on some well known King Crimson albums, most notably, Red.

Indeed - he and the other band members are even pictured on the front cover! But I'm sure you know that already!

So there where 15 new entries this year.If the committee choose the same number I would recommend:

1)Piers Sellers

2)King Michael of Romania

3)Colin Meads

4)Tony Booth

5)Nobby Stiles

6)Ray Wilson

7)Martin Peters

8)Leah Bracknell

9)Clare Hollingworth

10)John Glenn

11)Peter Vaughan

12)Betty White

13)Jimmy Young

14)Liz Dawn

15)Peter Skellern

• Like 3

I would also consider Sumner Redstone, Hugh Hefner and Pelé.

I think it's about time a who should be on the 2017 deathlist thread should be made. We're basically 2 months away at this point

• Like 1

I would also consider Sumner Redstone, Hugh Hefner and Pelé.

I wonder if Sumner Redstone died about 2 years ago and his former body is being held up Weekend At Bernie's style.

• Like 1

Should probably bring back Pierre Cardin seeing as he'll be 95 next year and looks frail.

I think it's about time a who should be on the 2017 deathlist thread should be made. We're basically 2 months away at this point

You're getting close to another warning and a 7 day ban on posting..

Apologies for making that page, as you clearly shown in two posts that you didn't want it. However, I made the page because OTHER people made SIMILAR pages in the past. Here are a few pages that are similar to this one:

Who should be on the deathlist in 2016: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8594-who-should-be-on-the-2016-deathlist/?hl=%2Bdeathlist+%2B2016

Ideas and possibilities for 2016: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8444-ideas-and-possibilities-for-2016/?findpost=216390

Here's two from the year before:

Ideas and possibilities for 2015: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8325-ideas-and-possibilities-for-2015/?hl=%2Bideas+%2Band+%2Bpossibilities

Who should be on Deathlist 2015: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8425-who-should-be-on-the-2015-deathlist/?hl=%2Bdeathlist+%2B2015

What I see the Ideas and Possibilities thread for is for the general public, while the who should be on deathlist thread is solely for deathlist. I've seen more ideas and possibilities threads that are different from the who should be on deathlist threads in different years because one solely focuses on deathlist. That's my reasoning for making the thread. Now I'm not saying that you have to reopen it because you are obviously an admin, and you basically have the final say, but I just want to show you why I made it.

End of rant.

Whilst joeyruss is ridiculously early with it, are we still going to have the who should be on the 2017 deathlist thread in early December like we normally do?

• Like 1

Roey Juss

• Like 2

Was just looking into Thailands temporary regent Prem Tinsulalonda.He was Prime Minister of Thailand for seven years as well as the defence minister and head of the army as well as the current head of the Thai Privy council.He is 96 and has a profile on the BBC website.Certainly meets the notability criteria for DL.

• Like 1

He is also the oldest current world leader.

Apologies for making that page, as you clearly shown in two posts that you didn't want it. However, I made the page because OTHER people made SIMILAR pages in the past. Here are a few pages that are similar to this one:

Who should be on the deathlist in 2016: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8594-who-should-be-on-the-2016-deathlist/?hl=%2Bdeathlist+%2B2016

Ideas and possibilities for 2016: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8444-ideas-and-possibilities-for-2016/?findpost=216390

Here's two from the year before:

Ideas and possibilities for 2015: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8325-ideas-and-possibilities-for-2015/?hl=%2Bideas+%2Band+%2Bpossibilities

Who should be on Deathlist 2015: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8425-who-should-be-on-the-2015-deathlist/?hl=%2Bdeathlist+%2B2015

What I see the Ideas and Possibilities thread for is for the general public, while the who should be on deathlist thread is solely for deathlist. I've seen more ideas and possibilities threads that are different from the who should be on deathlist threads in different years because one solely focuses on deathlist. That's my reasoning for making the thread. Now I'm not saying that you have to reopen it because you are obviously an admin, and you basically have the final say, but I just want to show you why I made it.

End of rant.

Well you have to concede, even reluctantly, that he has a point.

That will kill some people. :D

• Like 1

He does have a point, but it's a bit early. I know Davey Jones posted one by mid-October last year, but that was stupidly early too.

I always thought the idea was that ideas and possibilities was a catch all for anyone in any dead pool whereas WSBOTD was for the Death list specifically - which saved the DL committee trawling through ideas and possibilities?

• Like 1

My take on this page is that it's a place to post possibilities for any death pool in the coming year. It is my favorite thread because I sometimes get a nugget of information I can use.

About six days ago, Swedish football legend Kurt Hamrin (b. 1934) suffered from a stroke in Florence. He was reported as being able to walk but could not move his arms. According to his wife Marianne, he should be able to recover and return home from the hospital in two weeks (meaning that circa one week remains as of today).

His notability is undisputable due to his performances in Serie A and the World Cup, but he would "only" be worth 6 points on DDP for the coming eight years.

• Like 1

Newsnight last night did their bit for would be Deathracers and those struggling to fill out a DDP team, by interviewing Paul Reveley. One of the first BBC TV engineers, an assistant to John Logie Baird, and due to his connections and experiences, a surefire obit. Also, someone I thought was long dead, but alive and fairly lucid, although 104 years old.

When it's on iplayer, it'll be towards the end of the episode, after all the Clinton stuff.

• Like 1

Just listening to Prince Charles unveiling a statue of his gran on bbc news.Looks ok but sounds like a dalek.Probably just a bad chest but worth monitoring.

He does have a point, but it's a bit early. I know Davey Jones posted one by mid-October last year, but that was stupidly early too.

I think that's why I did it then. I suspect that the one I made will stay locked forever, but when someone else makes theirs, it won't be locked. But I think that's how life works :P

Apart from Edward VIII, Elizabeth I, James III and others who had no kids, do you know the most recent reigning UK monarch and queen/prince consort to both die without outliving one of their children? Well, I got back as far as 1471 before getting bored, but the chances are it's yet to happen.

• Like 3

Apart from Edward VIII, Elizabeth I, James III and others who had no kids, do you know the most recent reigning UK monarch and queen/prince consort to both die without outliving one of their children? Well, I got back as far as 1471 before getting bored, but the chances are it's yet to happen.

Do you know something about Prince Andrew?