Grim Reaper

38. Prunella Scales

She looks better than her younger husband to be honest. I can see him going first 

• Like 1

She is still remarkably good for someone in their 90s who was diagnosed with dementia over 20 years ago. 

• Like 2

New article in the Telegraph say she was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2013 after a decade of symptoms. And that she has a live in carer now. But she is still able to play chess. And is recording an audio book. And that her hearing is declining rapidly.  And she still seems to have a sense of humour. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/authors/timothy-west-interview-prunella-scales/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

New article in the Telegraph say she was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2013 after a decade of symptoms. And that she has a live in carer now. But she is still able to play chess. And is recording an audio book. And that her hearing is declining rapidly.  And she still seems to have a sense of humour. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/authors/timothy-west-interview-prunella-scales/

How is she able to do all that with (at least) decade of diagnosed dementia? You think that would impede the chess playing and audio-book making at least?

14 minutes ago, Comped said:

How is she able to do all that with (at least) decade of diagnosed dementia? You think that would impede the chess playing and audio-book making at least?

Dementia is a very variable condition.Especially vascular dementia as it is caused by Transient ischaemic attacks the frequency of which can greatly vary over time.Long term memory is the last to go so having acted and played chess throughout her life that remains but the fact she has a live in carer means that her short to medium term memory  and judgement is unsurprisingly dangerously poor at this point.

A man I looked after years ago used to be doubly incontinent and wander around aimlessly when he wasn't asleep and could barely speak.He was a brilliant piano player and he would play a piano perfectly when he came across one then as soon as he finished he was again wandering around aimlessly.

• Like 9

Photo of Pru and Tim from this week 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Photo of Pru and Tim from this week 

Why the fuck do some ppl “combine” ages? It makes no sense. It’s a non sensical bragging right.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why the fuck do some ppl “combine” ages? It makes no sense. It’s a non sensical bragging right.

Or expect to be congratulated on a big wedding anniversary. 

I usually respond with "How lucky you are".  Makes them think.

• Like 1

Imagine the bragging rights of those pansexuals or others in a relationship with more than one person.

180 isn't that great if you compare the whole Charlie Manson family getting it on with each other. Obvs, not all survived, ha!

Anyhow, there's the whole "wearing the very similar outfits" nonsense as well. Back in the day you couldn't move for couples in double denim.

I’m going to start telling everyone that me and my mate have a combined height of 13 feet, a combined chest of 90 inches, and a combined cock size of 18 inches. Makes me sound like a rare Ultra Chad but is no less ridiculous than 2 people combining their ages.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’m going to start telling everyone that me and my mate have a combined height of 13 feet, a combined chest of 90 inches, and a combined cock size of 18 inches. Makes me sound like a rare Ultra Chad but is no less ridiculous than 2 people combining their ages.

Your mate has a 13 inch cock? ;)

(joke, obvs)

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Toast said:

Or expect to be congratulated on a big wedding anniversary. 

I usually respond with "How lucky you are".  Makes them think.

In fairness, you can understand why their son is pleased that they are still out and about in their advanced years. They've clearly had a long and happy marriage and dementia aside still been fairly lucky in the lottery of life compared to many others. Which I'm personally glad about. 

• Like 2

Ignoring all the slightly bizarre outrage the tweet seems to have generated in these parts, Prunella looks very well, continues to stick 2 fingers up the Grim Reaper and carry on her merry way. As has been said many times before, it is perfectly plausible that Tim keels over before Pru does.

• Like 3

was it the same Shakespeare celebration mentioned in the Patricia Routledge thread ?

24 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

was it the same Shakespeare celebration mentioned in the Patricia Routledge thread ?

Yes, 

2 hours ago, Deathrace said:

In fairness, you can understand why their son is pleased that they are still out and about in their advanced years. They've clearly had a long and happy marriage and dementia aside still been fairly lucky in the lottery of life compared to many others. Which I'm personally glad about. 

I don't know why you quoted my post, as the Wests weren't celebrating an anniversary.  It was a general comment in response to Ulitzer's reference to bragging.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ignoring all the slightly bizarre outrage the tweet seems to have generated in these parts, Prunella looks very well, continues to stick 2 fingers up the Grim Reaper and carry on her merry way. As has been said many times before, it is perfectly plausible that Tim keels over before Pru does.

Whichever one goes first the other will go in days/or a couple of weeks imho, they couldn’t live without each other 

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That means that, statistically, at least one of you has an enormous penis. Even if it's evenly split it's 9/9. That IS impressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, if you measure whats inside as well... 

I guess that was the joke?

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, if you measure whats inside as well... 

I guess that was the joke?

Cock size is measured externally. It's the amount you can see (and taste, if you like). This is the accepted metric. 

People might tell you "it's what's inside that counts", but let me assure you that it's not when it comes to this. 

I confused the threads, lol. If Jimmy Carter is a centenarian by counting the time in the womb, then a 9 inch penis measured by counting the "hidden" length inside, is fairly regular.

That would have been a funny joke, but I was in the wrong thread, ahem.

2 hours ago, Master Obit said:

That means that, statistically, at least one of you has an enormous penis. Even if it's evenly split it's 9/9. That IS impressive.

The split was really 9cm/9cm!  :)

You've got to love this website - where else could you go to read about the health of a well respected british actress and end up perusing a number of posts about cock sizes and it wasn't just a troll?

• Haha 2

Latest update

"Despite being impeccably dressed in heels and with manicured nails, Pru is noticeably frail and needs help to walk.

Her fading hearing, even with a couple of aids in – she describes them as her ‘ears’ – means she struggles to follow conversation. But she now also has the detached, unfocused air of someone who has progressed to the more advanced stages of vascular dementia."

• Like 3
  • Sad 2